Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Need a little help on RFA's

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn is a RFA. So if we were to let him get picked up by another team would we get a draft pick in return? I think he was a 5th round pick by the Lions in 2001? Do we still get a pick from the round the player was drafted in if the pick was not a Jets draft pick?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, unless you traded for the player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone find a link from the NFL with all the in's and out's on RFAs?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b][Glenn] Was claimed off waivers by the Jets from the Detroit Lions on September 3, 2001[/b][/quote]

The above quote is from Jets.com. From that info, I believe, the Jets would be owed a 6th round pick as compensation for Jason Glenn, if he went elsewhere.

Last season, the Redskins signed a safety who forced the Rams to waive him back in 2001 (he wanted to get off the IR list)....Because the Packers claimed that player on waivers, they were awarded the Washington Redskins 6th round pick for the player. At the end of day, it was an absolute steal for the Redskins, but the Packers did get a 6th rounder.

Jets, I firmly believe, would get a 6th round compensation for Glenn, from whatever team would sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is easy.

Clubs offers a qualfying offer to their RFA.

The old club has a right to match the offer.

Most get compensation if they pass. Some just get the right to match.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by VERMONT JET[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 05:37 PM
    [b] Glenn is a RFA. So if we were to let him get picked up by another team would we get a draft pick in return? I think he was a 5th round pick by the Lions in 2001? Do we still get a pick from the round the player was drafted in if the pick was not a Jets draft pick? [/b][/quote]
    Yes we still get the round, and Glenn was a 6th round pick. Glenn isn't going anywhere, he doesn't have a whole lot of value right now.

But I do like his intensity, leadership, and very solid play.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can tender him but thats very uunlikely because he isnt a star player.. thats what the jets did to coles but they only tendered him for a 1st round pick... not a 1st and 3rd <_<