Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terell Owens to sign with Jets John Clayton

Imagine the King of YAC catching balls from Pennington ......

3rd tier: Ernest Wilford, Michael Jenkins, Davard Darling (devery henderon, Cobert etc)
    I think we can add P.K. Sam out of FSU into that mix as well. There is no way T.O is worth a $25M signing bounes. Lets sign Darrell Jackson and Rod Gardner from the skins and draft a couple of these 3rd tier guys for depth. But its going to take cash and not so sure this adminstration can pull it off considering who we have gotten in the past and this year with our BBQ buddy of a DC.

[color=red][SIZE=3]Herm Edwards will never win a Superbowl a an NFL head Coach.[/color][/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    I was willing to chalk up Owen's shenanigans to competitive wide-out ego/exhibitionism before he went off on Garcia on his website.

But that trashing put him beyond the pale. Not that Garcia is any sacred cow or anything, but a week after his DUI he has to get trashed by that punk?
    Why? Because he prefers Rattay? And what has he done?

Owens has said he want to get thrown to by Vick. Maybe if he goes to Atlanta, Peerless Price will also reappear.

Regardless, much as I want a big possession target for Penny, a pass on TO.

He's on nfl channel right now singing "free agency" to the tune of "Tomorrow". Never saw any player who wanted out THAT bad, 'cept for maybe Terry Glenn. :rolleyes:

Pass on David Boston too. He's easy on the eyes, but just plain nuts.

It's amazing how the day after an SB featuring two "starless" teams, everyone is falling back into the same old "star mentality".

T.O. is a great player, adding him will help the Jets.

T.O. alone won't make them a playoff team. T.O. may or may not be a good fit and sign for the team concept.

Sure you sshould want T.O. on your team, but you should be concerned about the price, and you should not think that you add T.O. and suddenly the Jets are a juggernought.

Moreover, Penningtons best features as a passer are his decision making, his short and mid throwing accuracy, and his play-fake.

T.O. is not the best fit for the Jets needs. The Jets should be concerned with creating a broad recieving corps (Something not dissimilar from the Pats corps), a quality run game (both for its own right and to enhance CPs play fake), and a dominant defense. The jets should not be trying to become St. Louis Rams, east coast franchise.

Veteran
    I gotta Vent. For years now we have been begging to get a BIG WR!!! Now that one wants to be a NYJ, we shouldnt take him? No 25 million dollar signing bonus obviously, but i would give him 15 million. This guy would be our number one reciever for the next 5 to 7 years, easily. Sign TO, and everything falls into place. Draft gamble, sign ian gold, and maybe one more 3 tier FA and our team is very competetive next year.

[quote][b]Lets sign Darrell Jackson and [b]Rod Gardner [/b]from the skins and draft a couple of these 3rd tier guys for depth. [/b][/quote]

Oh my dear GOD NO!!!!!!!! Not Gardener. Having lived here in DC since he was drafted, I can safely tell you this. He sucks. All around sucks. Totally, unconditionally sucks. He is the reincarnated Bloat-bag of Michael Westbrook. Simply worthless.

Anyone else, no problem. But no Skins to NY. Please. For all that is holy, please No.........

:blink:

few differences between KJ n TO...
    -TO wasnt a ***** about his contract.. he played out his contract from when he was drafted and he didn't demand a restructure like KJ.
    -TO is 10x better.

They both want to win.. TO or KJ will probably love herm and i think herm would be able to keep them under control... Maybe TO signs for cheap knowing that he will get a s**t load of endorsements playin in NY..

offer TO a 5 year deal.. front load it... and back load penningtons and ellis'..

after all the cuts the Jets in 2 years will be fine salary cap wise..

one thing though pats fan.....

Wevee obviously seen what no name teams can do. But we have to play with what we have. you guys have a great x's and o's coach, hes like a d-mastermind. So did Carolina. So did Baltimore, and tampa.

in fact most of those teams are all dominant defensive teams.....but we all know defense wins championships!!!

But we have to build the team around what we have. Our offense will have to compensate for the defense atleast 2 more years HOPEFULLY!!!...hopefully this years rookie class is strong, and we resign all of our people.

We have a offense that could be domaint with the addition of someone like T.O. and our coach cant be amazing at the drawing board or drating, but hell cook a mean bbq, and his players will love herm. He is a players coach with one of his former players being his son's g-dfather. player relations is his specialty.

now as far as T.O. or K.J.

ok well I think K.J. is a bigger cancer then t.O. . KJ came out of college a prick, and he still is one. We know hes ridiculous and his skills are deminishing and the pro bowler got deativated for how many games? You think they would ever do that to T.O. T.O. has been alittle weird the last two years but hes nothign in comparison to K.J.

But to stop this dispute, how can anyone of us be For T.O. and against Keyshawn for moral issues and being a cancer.!!!!!
    Either your for character guys or your not!!

Dont tell me your for K.J. or T.O. because ones worse then the other......its liek a contridiction.
    And if its a

NFL.com is reporting Charles Woodson and Champ Baily will be signing with the Jets as soon as free agency begins.........

[quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 09:26 PM
    [b] right now TO hads no legal troubles does he - if not i want him!!! [/b][/quote]
    common misconception about TO he's a punk on the field but he's not a legal liability off it. Egomaniac yes... criminal no.

[quote][b]NFL.com is reporting Charles Woodson and Champ Baily will be signing with the Jets as soon as free agency begins.........[/b][/quote]

link?? or you jus bull****in?

[quote][i]Originally posted by requiem[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:45 PM
    [b] [quote][b]NFL.com is reporting Charles Woodson and Champ Baily will be signing with the Jets as soon as free agency begins.........[/b][/quote]

link?? or you jus bull****in? [/b][/quote]
    It's like shootin fish in a barrel I tell ya......... :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis+Feb 2 2004, 11:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlyingElvis @ Feb 2 2004, 11:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--requiem[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:45 PM
    [b] [quote][b]NFL.com is reporting Charles Woodson and Champ Baily will be signing with the Jets as soon as free agency begins.........[/b][/quote]

link?? or you jus bull****in? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s like shootin fish in a barrel I tell ya......... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    yep fish in a barrel

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:50 PM
    [b] yep fish in a barrel [/b][/quote]
    Wait till I break the story that Owens is camping outside Hofstra staging a hunger strike until the Jets sign him for vet minimum.

Wonder how many members will show up with picnic baskets.

The over/under on this one is 35......... :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis+Feb 2 2004, 11:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlyingElvis @ Feb 2 2004, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dickkotite[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:50 PM
    [b] yep fish in a barrel [/b][/quote]
    Wait till I break the story that Owens is camping outside Hofstra staging a hunger strike until the Jets sign him for vet minimum.

Wonder how many members will show up with picnic baskets.

The over/under on this one is 35......... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    unfortunately, ill take the over

Hall Of Fame
    And just what are we going to sign Ellis, Abe, Chad and our future #1 draft pick with? Monopoly money?

guns,

did TO say hed take monopol money????awww great man we are saved. thank elvis&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 12:05 AM
    [b] And just what are we going to sign Ellis, Abe, Chad and our future #1 draft pick with? Monopoly money? [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re not suppose to ask those kind of questions Gun

It upsets them....... :blink:

To get Terell, we would probably have to backload his contract to get away with giving him the huge signing bonus that he is probably going to command. Isn&#39;t this just prolonging the crap that we would like to get out of now? (ie. Vinny, Wayne, Curtis)

I don&#39;t see where strapping ourselves for TO is the best solution for our team. On the other hand, I get goosebumps just thinking about Moss and TO on the field together.

How do the spendskins shell out cash each year, easy backloaded contracts. You sound a little scared by this news flyinghomo.