Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Terell Owens to sign with Jets John Clayton

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Feb 4 2004, 02:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (YoungJetsFan @ Feb 4 2004, 02:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SGT PSN[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 05:47 AM
    [b] To get to the Super Bowl, you actually have to get [i]to[/i] the conference championship game, right? I beleive 98 was the last time the Jets made it that far. Besides, if the Eagles had receivers worth a damn over the last 3 years I think we make it to at least 2 Super Bowls. But that&#39;s neither here nor there. [/b][/quote]
    be happy that you lost in The NFC Championship and not the superbowl.

The Pats would have killed you guys. The Panthers were better than you. Lost in all the "we don&#39;t have wr&#39;s stuff" is the fact that your defense couldn&#39;t stop the run all year, Mark Simoneau stinks and The Eagles lacked a quality pass rush,. You wouldn&#39;t have beaten New England anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d much rather have seen it myself instead of just speculate. Then again, life as an Eagles fan is full of "woulda, shoulda, coulda&#39;s" so I&#39;m used to speculating.

And injury depleted defense definately took it&#39;s toll on them though. I&#39;m actually shocked they made it as far as they did missing so many players on D.

[quote][i]Originally posted by SGT PSN[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:01 AM
    [b] How does McNabb "show up" his teammates on the field? I&#39;ve heard quite a few criticisms of DMac.....low throws, holds the ball too long, blah, blah, blah......but I&#39;ve never seen nor heard of his showing up his teammates on the field. Care to esplain dat one to me Lucy? [/b][/quote]
    I watched him throws his arms up in the air in complete disgust atleast 5x&#39;s this season....am i wrong?

Thats showing up your teammates.

TomShane
    I&#39;ve said this before-- you put TO on the Eagles and he&#39;ll be scratching at the walls to get away from Donovan McNabb&#39;s insanely poor accuracy by Week 4.

When you condemn the Eagles receivers, remember that James Thrash was very solid in Washington and that Freddy Mitchell was getting Heisman pub at UCLA. Now, neither of them are great, but they&#39;re at least servicable. McNabb runs an offense like he&#39;s drawing plays up in the sand. BUT, all he does is win, somehow.

TO and McNabb would be horrible. Look for a surprise team to step up and sign TO, somebody like the Cowboys or the Vikings.

I am not sure if the front office has the BALLS to sign TO. The biggest move this front office made was signing Sam Cowart and we all know how that has gone.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 4 2004, 02:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Feb 4 2004, 02:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SGT PSN[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:01 AM
    [b] How does McNabb "show up" his teammates on the field? I&#39;ve heard quite a few criticisms of DMac.....low throws, holds the ball too long, blah, blah, blah......but I&#39;ve never seen nor heard of his showing up his teammates on the field. Care to esplain dat one to me Lucy? [/b][/quote]
    I watched him throws his arms up in the air in complete disgust atleast 5x&#39;s this season....am i wrong?

Thats showing up your teammates. [/b][/quote]
    Wow, 5x the whole season. What an outrage. :rolleyes: If throwing your arms up because your receiver ran the wrong route or dropped a pass that hit him in the hands is showing up your teammates, then every QB in the league is guilty. And every WR is even more guilty of it because they jump up and down and make a huge spectacle if they are open a the QB doesn&#39;t see him. Get real man. There are plenty of arguments to be made on how good or bad McNabb is. That&#39;s not one of them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SGT PSN+Feb 4 2004, 02:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (SGT PSN @ Feb 4 2004, 02:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[quote]Originally posted by -Smizzy@Feb 4 2004, 02:07 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--SGT PSN[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:01 AM

Thats showing up your teammates. [/b][/quote]
    Wow, 5x the whole season. What an outrage. :rolleyes: If throwing your arms up because your receiver ran the wrong route or dropped a pass that hit him in the hands is showing up your teammates, then every QB in the league is guilty. And every WR is even more guilty of it because they jump up and down and make a huge spectacle if they are open a the QB doesn&#39;t see him. Get real man. There are plenty of arguments to be made on how good or bad McNabb is. That&#39;s not one of them.[/b][/quote]
    Yeah anyway Smizzy&#33; If you&#39;re going to badmouth part of McNabb&#39;s attitude, pick something better. Like his "I must stay in the game injured/sucking at the expense of my own team" attitude.

[quote][i]Originally posted by SGT PSN[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:17 AM
    [b] Wow, 5x the whole season. What an outrage. :rolleyes: If throwing your arms up because your receiver ran the wrong route or dropped a pass that hit him in the hands is showing up your teammates, then every QB in the league is guilty. And every WR is even more guilty of it because they jump up and down and make a huge spectacle if they are open a the QB doesn&#39;t see him. Get real man. There are plenty of arguments to be made on how good or bad McNabb is. That&#39;s not one of them. [/b][/quote]
    Where i come form throwing your arms up at your teammates after a botched play is showing up your teammates...

You wait till your WR gets back to the huddle or the sideline.

Ever see Montana or Elway do it?

It&#39;s something I&#39;ve never paid attention to before, but I&#39;m certain at some point in their careers they threw their arms up in disgust or at least something to that effect before getting to the sidelines or back to the huddle.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: there is no way anyone can talk negative about Mcnabb.....the man is a warrior on the field.....some say that he showed up his teamates....did his teamates say that or as usual it&#39;s just speculation from what u see on tv.....none of us are in the eagles locker room.....and this talk about his throws......gimme a break, the Eagles made it to the NFL championship three years in a row.....no they have not won the big game...or even made it but I think they had a damn good run and like us....are in the process of retooling.

Too much speculation regarding players these days...if the Jets can get TO....I&#39;ll take him and his problems any day.

We can sign Jerry Rice circa 1988 and Hackett&#39;s STILL gonna s**t the bed when crunch time comes around....go ahead sign him. Footballs about coaching, and we aint got it. TO puts us in the playoffs....our CS puts us on our ass in the WC round.

....and thats todays optimism from Shadetree.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 06:08 AM
    [b] I&#39;ve said this before-- you put TO on the Eagles and he&#39;ll be scratching at the walls to get away from Donovan McNabb&#39;s insanely poor accuracy by Week 4.

When you condemn the Eagles receivers, remember that James Thrash was very solid in Washington and that Freddy Mitchell was getting Heisman pub at UCLA. Now, neither of them are great, but they&#39;re at least servicable. McNabb runs an offense like he&#39;s drawing plays up in the sand. BUT, all he does is win, somehow.

TO and McNabb would be horrible. Look for a surprise team to step up and sign TO, somebody like the Cowboys or the Vikings. [/b][/quote]
    LOL

Oh my god, The thought of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens on the same team is so SCARY. For like a million different reasons.

How do you cover those two and gameplan for that team? What are you going to double the both of them and that may not even work. LOL

On the other hand, They could be at each others throat every game and the NFL should mic those two players for every game. I&#39;d love to hear them in the huddle yelling at Culpepper. Daunte would have to bring 80 cases of advil to deal with those guys.

Two Dominant Physical Forces on the same team, playing in doors on turf. WOW. That would be the greatest show on turf.