Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets make a list of TO Supporters

Jets Insider VIP
    count me in on the TO bandwagon

What I've seen of him -- his ego, outburst with the OC didn't seem all that bad to me. ESPN did a profile on him and I thought he was funny, he didn't seem to take himself too seriously. But again, I don't know too much about his antics throughout his career. I'd like to see him here-- we need a big-name that will produce and provide some excitement around the Jets.

The last Jets Confidential mag had a quote from Pennington referring to TO and Key coming to the Jets and how he'd have to consider the whole person, he likes to get to know his receivers on and off the field. We all know Chad is a 100% team guy so sounds like he will be a big factor in whether either will be a Jet (besides the cap or money issues).

just fyi....Keyshawn's agent will be meeting with Bruce Allen during the Pro-Bowl this week to work out a contract restructuring agreement.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Icer[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 01:42 AM
    [b] Sure, you bring in TO you get people's confidence up.
    I'm all for going out on a limb and try to bring in somebody to energize the team, be it a loudmouth but at least one who can back it up. (Ahem MeShawn, Sapp) [/b][/quote]
    Back it up???

TO and Key were drafted in'96

their career stats:

Terrell Owens

592 8572 14.5 81TD's

Keyshawn Johnson

603 7936 13.2 48tD's

Ill take the guy who can get in the endzone....

No question about it. With TO and Santana as our 2 starting WR's we will have a very good offense. (as long as Curtis steps it up)

I support the signing of Terrell Owens or Keyshawn Johnson. Retool this defense a bit via the draft(CB,DE,DT,S). Sign a solid guard(Donnaley[panthers]) and a solid saftey(Logan[Steelers]).

Big supporter for bringing TO as long as it doesn't hinder us from addressing our defensive needs along with signing [i]at least[/i] one guard to protect Chad's blindside. What good will it do us to have great receivers if our offensive guards a) can't give Pennington time or B) cannot create an inside running game.

yes O-Line is 1 of the key components to a super bowl team.. Logan is not the answer at safety.. my friend who is a die hard steelers fan said logan and garnes are a wash..

Draft CB 1st round.. our LB corps isnt as bad as we think it is.. Abraham Hobson Cowart

ive heard nothing but good things about hobson... he holds the record for most tackles for a loss at Michigan.. he benced 225 more times than ANY player at the combine.. and another one of my "friends" who is a michigan fan compared him to Ray Lewis... He said theres no one else to compare him to in the league.. strong, quick, ggreat instincts.

everyone wants a perfect team now but in all likely hood we wont be a super bowl team by next year.. but you never know tahts why they play the games.. :ph34r:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

If he helps get to and win a SB i`m on board......

I dunno, I really don't want any more of a cap mess than we already have here, but...TO would bring a lot of excitement to the Jets, and NY is a big market where TO would flourish in the spotlight, something he's very comfortable in...so, bring him, I'll take him on this team with open arms :o

I just cannot see TO coming here for "a lesser contract" or "cheap" and would hate to lose a player like John Abraham just to sign him... The Jets need a big target but do not need a superstar to make this offense run...but they do need some superstars on defense to even make the team competitive within our own division.

Hall Of Fame
    Depends on the price. He's obviously an awesome WR that would help any team...this is a loaded question.

Besides, Chad is so good he can with with anyone, right?

Veteran
    sign me up

This will sound wishy washy but I'm not sure about TO.
    First I dont fully understand the JETS CAP situation and I do not know
    what a TO signing will do to the cap.
    I like TO as a talent ,I dont like his age.
    On one hand he'd solve the receiver problem but on the other I'd rather build through the draft with young players.
    My answer,TO,at the right price ,I'm for it.

I think that TO would be a great player on the roster. Yeah he is part entertainer and part football player. Some of you may like him or hate him. However, he is the best receiver in the land. When Garcia throws to him the 49ers win and when he doesn't they lose. I just don't know if we can afford him.

All of you guys who are worried about Pennington, Abraham, and Ellis should note that Pennington has proven that he is not worth top QB money. The guys can barely throw the ball 50 yards in the air so it is a given that he has no deep ball. Furthermore, Pennington can not throw the NFL intermediate to deep out in a line like it needs to be thrown. He floats them out there and it is only a matter of time before he kills his next reciever with his over the middle floaters. You know Chrebet is done because of all the deathballs that Pennington has thrown to him over the middle the past few years. Say what you want about Brady having a weak arm, but Brady has proven that he can make those throws. So if Bradway realizes this then he should be able to lowball Pennington and have enough cash for Ellis and Abraham and maybe TO.

Anyway as 5ever said if Penningotn is so good then he can win with anybody ! I guess that would include TO!!!!

Veteran
    If it is anywhere near a fair deal....no blockbuster. I'm all for it.

Draft defense,defense,defense!!!!!

Sign TO..trade down a few spots and draft the best cb on the board..rd 2 draft the best lb on the board..draft best wr on the board in rd 3 to eventually take over for owens..
    If Penn is the franchise (and that's what everybody says)..you can't give him wideouts like conway/lockett..
    sign TO and we have a very dangerous offense..
    as far as attitude goes..we were 6-10!
    i don't think that TO will make us any worse.

[quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:50 AM
    [b] He floats them out there and it is only a matter of time before he kills his next reciever with his over the middle floaters. You know Chrebet is done because of all the deathballs that Pennington has thrown to him over the middle the past few years. [/b][/quote]
    uh sorry dude i think it was Vinny's junk balls that did most of the damage... after the first concussions each successive concussion is easier to get. Chad throws well the problem is he has no one to throw it to...

I would take him for a contract only slightly more lucrative than what any other wide reciever would receive at his age. He will be 32 years old, and while Rice has shown tat you can play reciever for many years, most are at or near their ends somewhere shortly after 30 to 31 years old.

If T.O. can be had without breaking the bank, maybe we take a stab at him. Aside from that, which isn't going to happen, I say just say no.

He is an off the field incident waiting to happen. I am not sure Edwards personality commands enough respect for a guy like T.O. Keyshawn? Maybe... Ownes? I am not certain Edwards could keep him reigned in enough to not cause issues in the locker room.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 3 2004, 02:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Feb 3 2004, 02:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Icer[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 01:42 AM
    [b] Sure, you bring in TO you get people&#39;s confidence up.
    I&#39;m all for going out on a limb and try to bring in somebody to energize the team, be it a loudmouth but at least one who can back it up. (Ahem MeShawn, Sapp) [/b][/quote]
    Back it up???

TO and Key were drafted in&#39;96

their career stats:

Terrell Owens

592 8572 14.5 81TD&#39;s

Keyshawn Johnson

603 7936 13.2 48tD&#39;s

Ill take the guy who can get in the endzone.... [/b][/quote]
    Alright so you go and check there totals, and he has more TD&#39;s and Yards per catch.
    Point? Owens is more than just a posession receiver.

Plus lets look at the last four year(s) stats-
    TO
    372 Rec, 5265 Yds, 51 TDs

MeShawn
    298 Rec, 3828 Yds, 17 TDs

(I was talking about getting TO, not Key or Sapp btw since you might have mixed them up)

[quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:50 AM
    [b] I think that TO would be a great player on the roster. Yeah he is part entertainer and part football player. Some of you may like him or hate him. However, he is the best receiver in the land. When Garcia throws to him the 49ers win and when he doesn&#39;t they lose. I just don&#39;t know if we can afford him.

All of you guys who are worried about Pennington, Abraham, and Ellis should note that Pennington has proven that he is not worth top QB money. The guys can barely throw the ball 50 yards in the air so it is a given that he has no deep ball. Furthermore, Pennington can not throw the NFL intermediate to deep out in a line like it needs to be thrown. He floats them out there and it is only a matter of time before he kills his next reciever with his over the middle floaters. You know Chrebet is done because of all the deathballs that Pennington has thrown to him over the middle the past few years. Say what you want about Brady having a weak arm, but Brady has proven that he can make those throws. So if Bradway realizes this then he should be able to lowball Pennington and have enough cash for Ellis and Abraham and maybe TO.

Anyway as 5ever said if Penningotn is so good then he can win with anybody &#33; I guess that would include TO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    If the anybodies can keep him sack free ,as the anybodies do in NE for TB,
    Then I agree,he can win with anybody just not nobody. <_<

Add me to the list.