Thread: Could Jets do this

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tuna is looking for DT's, we all know he liked Jason, could we get a 4th round
    pick

Next we sign Ted Washington, he is looking for better contract and is FA

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You had me at "Can we trade Jason Ferguson...."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Scott Dierking[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 08:59 AM
    [b] You had me at "Can we trade Jason Ferguson...." [/b][/quote]
    R U saying he has no value? or you want to keep him?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by afosomf+Feb 3 2004, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (afosomf @ Feb 3 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Scott Dierking[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 08:59 AM
    [b] You had me at "Can we trade Jason Ferguson...." [/b][/quote]
    R U saying he has no value? or you want to keep him? [/b][/quote]
    I was against giving him the extension after he did his *****ing and whining against Al Groh.

He had no problem speaking up in that situtation. BUT, what this team needs more than anything else is LEADERS. Jason should be the leader of that D-Line unit, as he is elderstatesman (Abe is too immature).

When McGlockton is sleeping on the floor it should be JASON FERGUSON that kicks him in the head. Players should take care of those things.

Same thing with Mo Lewis. Too damn listless and shy. This team needs a few players that can stand up and be counted in the LOCKEROOM and NOT the newspapers.

Have some pride.

I like the Washington idea, but I think he just played himself into a nice juicy new contract. Too rich for our blood, I am sure, based on the other salaries onm the D-line. Washington was the unsung MVP of that team

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, pats have a slew of picks and Colvin next year.

They will lose Woody and have to restructure Law

I would think they would want Warren starting also so they may not
    be able to afford him

Teddy is no youngster, doubt he will get huge &#036;, he will get raise no
    question there.

I would luv to get rid of JF, not sure if he worth anything. then again
    Booby Hamilton is starting with pats and won a legit ring.
    Tuna might get more out of him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tuna needs DT&#39;s, maybe he doles out a third rounder for Fergie?

Then again, maybe Fergie picks up this year with a better DC and a new D-Line coach?

Hmmmm.... I say keep him, unless we could get a 3rd round pick for him. That would leave us with Evans (assuming he doesn&#39;t miss any pee pee tests) Big Daddy Rob, Chet Glock (who gets cut ASAP for sleeping at his locker in my mind) and.... thats it isn&#39;t it?

Henderson says he is gonna make his guys work, so maybe with a fire beneath his ass Fergie produces more fruit this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    By your reasoning why does&#39;t Dallas sign Washinton and keep the pick and the better player? While some players may leave for big money after they get ther ring, I think washington wil stay. 36yo is a little old to be moving every year. He is on a good team, BB does not make him practice hard both during camp and during the week. Ted got 1.7mill las year and will get probally 3mill next year. If any team makes a run for him I think it will be Balt.

Your right Woody is as good as gone.

Law does not have to restrusture, sure it would be nice but it is only 700, 000 more than this year, hardly a back breaker.

How much money do you think the jets have? Posters wnat to sign McCallister, TO, Woody and Now Washington, that is almost 20mill of cap space.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: afo I would give up fergie for a 4th but I&#39;d pass on washington....I want to get younger on the defensive side even though he is a great run stuffer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feguson was our best defensive tackle in that bull**** read and react defense. While D-Rob part II was rushing the passer on every down and McGlockton was getting pushed around it was Ferguson having to recover from their mistakes to make tackles in areas where those guys should have been.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This idea is not that far fetched. I remember reading that at the trading deadline last year that Tuna was trying to acquire Ferguson and was rebuffed. Stay tuned.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:55 AM
    [b] Feguson was our best defensive tackle in that bull**** read and react defense. While D-Rob part II was rushing the passer on every down and McGlockton was getting pushed around it was Ferguson having to recover from their mistakes to make tackles in areas where those guys should have been. [/b][/quote]
    If the Jets and Henderson are true to what they have said this off season, Fergie may be an unnecessary "luxury".

If the Jets are going to split defenses based on 3-4 and 4-3, the primary noses would be Robertson and Ferguson.

Granted, they will not be 3-4 exclusivly, but even with a split of line calls, Ferguson is carrying too much salary to get that much bench time.

I am not sure how much time he has left on his contract, signing bonus sit, etc.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    adios Fergie,,,plus i hear he hogged all the hushpuppies at the BBQ&#39;s...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Fumes[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 09:39 AM
    [b] If Tuna needs DT&#39;s, maybe he doles out a third rounder for Fergie?

Then again, maybe Fergie picks up this year with a better DC and a new D-Line coach?

Hmmmm.... I say keep him, unless we could get a 3rd round pick for him. That would leave us with Evans (assuming he doesn&#39;t miss any pee pee tests) Big Daddy Rob, Chet Glock (who gets cut ASAP for sleeping at his locker in my mind) and.... thats it isn&#39;t it?

Henderson says he is gonna make his guys work, so maybe with a fire beneath his ass Fergie produces more fruit this year. [/b][/quote]
    mcglockton announced he was retiring and was only signed to a one year deal.