Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marino resigns from new job....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: a bit embarrasing for the Dolphins....yes some are sayig that Mariono would have ranthe team in the ground but the fact that they wanted to give the job to someone that has

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    who had more time in Marino in the FO with Miami and Bellicheck as HC of the NYJ???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: the fact the dolphins wanted to give the position to someone with no experience....well what does that say? Some are saying it was a PR move by hiring...wrong! That position entails the individual to have a major amount of say in football operations..

Herm and Wanny: Herm is a decent coach who I feel will get better....Wanny: I think he gets a bot too much heat by Dolphin fans and yes the dolphins has had decent records but when was the last time they made the playoffs and won the division...with all the Jets "problems" we have made it two of the last three years while they have not.....regardless of the Jets record in 2002, we did win the Div and advance in the playoffs.

How would u feel if the Jets were 6-10 and failed to reach the playoffs?

2003 is past and I feel this Jets team will make a major rebound with the upgraded coaching staff and soon to be ungraded players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: I of course meant to say....how would u feel if the Jets were 10-6 and failed to make the playoffs. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by lucz74[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:12 PM
    [b] I swear I read a story somewhere that said woody had talked to Marino about coming here and Dan thinking about it because the Jets were the better team right now.I hope I read it here and someone was making a joke. [/b][/quote]

The only joke is in your post when you claim the Jets are a better team.

Put down the crack pipe.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 4 2004, 01:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Feb 4 2004, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Feb 4 2004, 12:38 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -savage69@Feb 3 2004, 07:44 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 06:31 PM
    [b] Guess Marino took a look at The Dolphins salary cap room,Quarterback situation, Free Agent Prospects and Draft Position and said, I&#39;m outta here. [/b][/quote]
    YJF?? The Fins have had I think maybe 2 losing Seasons in
    the last 25 years or so..Wanny as Bad as all the Jet Fans
    think he is has never had a record worse than 9-7..That
    being the case, how is Herm such a great Coach and Wanny
    a idiot??Do you really think the Fins are going to be that Bad
    next year and that&#39;s why Marino left??As Bad as Fiedler is
    according to some here he has a Winning record as a starting
    QB does he not??See I use what you like to say..Reason and
    Logic&#33;&#33; Please do so and explain why the Fins will be Bad next
    year and Herm&#39;s Hero&#39;s will be Good?? <_< Or were you just
    rambling like a optimistic Fan looking through your Green Glasses?? [/b][/quote]
    Savage:
    Look at his roster though, he is loaded. You can knock Fiedler if you want but that is the guy he wanted. Seems like very guy on that team is a 1st round pick.

Parcells or Belichek would go 16 and 0 with that team. [/b][/quote]
    and Herm would go 6-10, or maybe worse considering that BBQ isn&#39;t all that huge in Florida and he&#39;d need time to adjust to the Carribean fare. Good news, though- if things start to get a little shaky with the menu, Herm promises to "simplify." [/b][/quote]
    I am a huge fan of your work TS. But this one missed the mark. Please try to bring your A game next time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 09:21 AM
    [b] :ph34r: I of course meant to say....how would u feel if the Jets were 10-6 and failed to make the playoffs. ;) [/b][/quote]
    it would hurt but that would just show how competetive and hard the league is -

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: That story about Marino is garbage...if so then why have no one heard it on tv or in the newspapers or on the NFL channel???

Just more garbage by another Yahoo just to stir up more Jet front office bashing.

*I just heard 10 minutes ago that Johhny Unitas will be the Jets next QB coach&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

*For those that believed what I wrote.......it&#39;s not true&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: djaparz I agree but to be 10-6 and not make the playoffs means nothing.....the Dolphins swept us this year for the first time in years..we could have won both games....before then we split last year and ownerd em for about 4 years. Last years 6-10 season sucked but with the many changes on this team I am optimistic about making the playoffs on 2004.....look at football the last 5 years....a team wins the superbowl and friggin fails to make the playoffs....teams make a playoff run and then dissappear the next year....it&#39;s about parity and that gives everyone (except the Lions/Cardinals) a shot.

The Patriots have won two of the last three superbowls which is remarkable.....but can anyone tell me why they failed to make the playoffs last year???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] it&#39;s about parity and that gives everyone (except the Lions/Cardinals/Jets) a shot.

[/b][/quote]

Totally agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: Patsfan those drafts u are gonna get won&#39;t hurt you either.

Whats the status of Ty Law? Is he coming back?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:02 PM
    [b] The Patriots have won two of the last three superbowls which is remarkable.....but can anyone tell me why they failed to make the playoffs last year??? [/b][/quote]
    JF..As has been posted many Times..When your the Champ EVERY
    ONE is always up to play you&#33; There are no easy Games&#33; Hell this
    Year the Pats had over 46 different players start a Game&#33; I&#39;m sure
    the Pat Fans know some reasons why 2002 was only 9-7..But when
    you have the Trophy 2 out of the last 3 years they probley don&#39;t care&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: correct but I meant that each year anything can happen....in 2002 after 5 games most people would have thought u were nuts to say that the Jets would even sniff the playoffs.....a major problem of the Jets to me is getting talented players.....I support the front office but they really have to bring in some players for 2004.....if we have suspect talent I will be making noise regarding the FO and HC.

This is like a friggin make or break year in my opinion.

it&#39;s year 4

1st year=ok
    2nd year=pretty good
    3rd year=crap

4th year overhaul and mandatory playoff appearence to be successful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b]
    Whats the status of Ty Law? Is he coming back? [/b][/quote]

It all comes down to where the Pats want to spend their money.

Law&#39;s cap hit is over &#036;9 mil next year.

They also have some other (ie. Woody) FA&#39;s they need to sign.

I would love to have Law back (who wouldn&#39;t) but it would not shock me if he was unwilling to renogotiate and cut loose.

I&#39;ve stopped trying to figure out what SP and BB are going to do. They always seem to take the unconventional path.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:58 PM
    [b] :ph34r: That story about Marino is garbage...if so then why have no one heard it on tv or in the newspapers or on the NFL channel???

Just more garbage by another Yahoo just to stir up more Jet front office bashing.

*I just heard 10 minutes ago that Johhny Unitas will be the Jets next QB coach&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

*For those that believed what I wrote.......it&#39;s not true&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Saw it in today&#39;s NY Daily News.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Marino found the saw the leakage in the ship early.