Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: RU-DY! RU-DY! RU-DY!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey just wondering what the Bush supporters thought of a possible VP swap... Cheney out and Gulliani in?

its Rove's next logical move, DC's approval rating is in the toilet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]hey just wondering what the Bush supporters thought of a possible VP swap... Cheney out and Gulliani in?

its Rove's next logical move, DC's approval rating is in the toilet. [/b][/quote]

Sounds logical to me except for the fact that Cheney is pretty much the acting president. He may conceed for health reasons though as long as he can keep his hands dirty. Also he may feel his work is done and he can go back to Halliburton and manage the new multi-billion dollar contracts he set up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit -

This rumor has been floating around for a while and was quashed earlier by "white house spokesman." I think the biggest problem (in Bush's mind) was the fact that Rudy is pro-choice.

However, you never know.

It is certainly something to think about and I am sure that Rove et al are exlporing EVERY possibility. They'd have a very easy "out" with Cheney...they could always cite "health reasons" or some such thing.

Just off of the top of my head, however, I would put the odds against it at about 99-1 right now, but we alll know things change quickly in politics...just ask Howard Dean.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever as someone on the outside looking in... a Bush/Cheney ticket in 04 isn't NEARLY as scary as a Bush/Guiliani ticket. Bring in Rudy and i fear they could be unbeatable

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Bush and the GOP bringing in Guiliani to replace Cheney would be tantamount to admitting a mistake, and they never admit to making mistakes.

So there's little to fear, barring unforseen circumstances(perhaps health issues) Cheney's staying on the ticket.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]For Bush and the GOP bringing in Guiliani to replace Cheney would be tantamount to admitting a mistake, and they never admit to making mistakes.
    [/b][/quote]

Thats not true, there are a million ways they could convince the public. The easiest way is to site health concerns. The guy nearly died like a 100x from heart problems.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Giuliani on the ticket might save Dubya's sorry butt, but do you think they'd do that?

I mean, the conservatives already have their shorts in a knot, and Rudy is a liberal Republican who endorsed Mario Cuomo against Pataki.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. My favorite DickCheney joke was by David Letterman. I'm paraphrasing, but to the best of my memory, it went,

"Vice President Cheney got a new automatic pacemaker today. Now, when his heart stops, which happens four or five times a day, the pacemaker automatically starts him up again. Remember the old days, when we had to roll him down a hill and pop the clutch?"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] [quote][b]hey just wondering what the Bush supporters thought of a possible VP swap... Cheney out and Gulliani in?

its Rove's next logical move, DC's approval rating is in the toilet. [/b][/quote]

Sounds logical to me except for the fact that Cheney is pretty much the acting president. He may conceed for health reasons though as long as he can keep his hands dirty. Also he may feel his work is done and he can go back to Halliburton and manage the new multi-billion dollar contracts he set up. [/b][/quote]
    more ridiculous conspiracy and rederic....can't you come up with a single original thought?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]more ridiculous conspiracy and rederic....can't you come up with a single original thought? [/b][/quote]

Does anyone else find this statement funny? How many of CBNY's are nearly an exact duplicate of what he just said above?

BTW what that I said is not a proven fact? Cheney has health problems, they treated him at my University like 6 times already. Cheney does have strong ties to Halliburton and they did recieve huge contracts in Iraq. Cheney is the acting president, he dictates Bush's agenda.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't like this at all. It's clear, as I pointed out in another thread, that the Republican's seem to be chasing celebrities that can win elections, not attempting to put conservative values or America first.

In my opinion, Rudy is very similar to Bush, in the sense that he's a free-trade, open-borders zealot, who would like nothing more than to turn the U.S into a low wage sweatshop to serve his elitist country club pals.

Meanwhile, while our wages go down, savings per person takes a nosedive (same time personal debt rises), poverty increases and our TRUE unemployment rises to unsightly levels, he wants us to clap like seals because they are "true conservative's"....pfffffffftttt..... :rolleyes:

To me, our biggest threat is losing our soverignity and being rolled into part of some hemispheric consolidation, with corrupt developing nations that treat their citizens like trash. This would all be done in the name of producing cheaper goods and "cheap labor".

If we continue to elect RINO's (Repubs in name only) like Rudy, then we all deserve to be surfs to these globalist elite, who's only true intent is to end to our national independence and our constitutional order.

Also, I'm sure Rudi's militant acceptance of gay marriages will play real big in the South and Mid-western states :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 12:22 PM
    [b] Does anyone else find this statement funny? How many of CBNY's are nearly an exact duplicate of what he just said above?

[/b][/quote]
    As you continue down your foolish path you neglect to see the irony of it all....you continue to show your ignorance by posting baseless innuendo which have no facts to back it up. Your posts are completely void of any truth rather filled with your own psycho-pathetic babble drawn on the opinions of a fast bastard (hence your unoriginality).

While you blame me for duplicating posts, they are just in response to you doing the same thing; you just gift wrap it differently!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes perfect sense for the GOP to install a VP in '04 who is electable in '08. While Bob makes a decent point that replacing Cheney could be considered as tantamount to admitting a mistake, it would neutralize the dem's inevitable campaign strategy of attacking Cheney's alleged business interests in the context of Iraq

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 12:40 PM
    [b] It makes perfect sense for the GOP to install a VP in '04 who is electable in '08. While Bob makes a decent point that replacing Cheney could be considered as tantamount to admitting a mistake, it would neutralize the dem's inevitable campaign strategy of attacking Cheney's alleged business interests in the context of Iraq [/b][/quote]
    It's only a mistake if they throw him out of the adminstration, which they would never do....if they bring in Rudy and leave Cheney on in some sort of supervisory role then it would be seen as a stratigic political move.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 12:40 PM
    [b] While Bob makes a decent point that replacing Cheney could be considered as tantamount to admitting a mistake. [/b][/quote]
    Actually shakin, I was the person who said replacing Cheney on the ticket would be tantamount to Bush and the GOP admitting a mistake.

Try and keep up will ya!