Thread: 3 guys I hope are gone by 12

Hall Of Fame
    I think it's more than evident that we need some drastic help all over the Defense, so that's why I'm hoping Roy and Reggie Williams and Kellen Jr are gone by 12.

Roy should easily be gone, although some mocks recently have him slipping beyond Reggie (I don't see it).

Many have Reggie there at 12.

If Henson is back in the draft and the Rivers blows away the combine, who knows, maybe Winslow is there at 12 also.

Even with incredible needs at LB, CB and Safety, how do you possibly pass up any one of these guys?

Any one of these guys would be an incredible weapon for Chad, and would make Moss almost unstoppable (hyperbole--but I can dream) and the run game so much more effective.

If you could guarantee yourself that a Jenkins or a Clayton or a Woods was there in Rd 2 (or you have already signed a BIG FA WR), you could pass, but it doesn't appear that any of those guys gets out of the 1st.

If either of the Williams or Winslow is there at 12, can you afford NOT to take them?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I'll be honest....if Reggie is there at 12 I want him...if not, then take Gamble and concentrate on defense...if we pick up TO via free agency then go all defense.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:30 PM
    [b] I think it's more than evident that we need some drastic help all over the Defense, so that's why I'm hoping Roy and Reggie Williams and Kellen Jr are gone by 12.

Roy should easily be gone, although some mocks recently have him slipping beyond Reggie (I don't see it).

If Henson is back in the draft and the Rivers blows away the combine, who knows, maybe Winslow is there at 12 also.

Even with incredible needs at LB, CB and Safety, how do you possibly pass up any one of these guys?

Any one of these guys would be an incredible weapon for Chad, and would make Moss almost unstoppable (hyperbole--but I can dream) and the run game so much more effective.

If you could guarantee yourself that a Jenkins or a Clayton or a Woods was there in Rd 2 (or you have already signed a BIG FA WR), you could pass, but it doesn't appear that any of those guys gets out of the 1st.

If either of the Williams or Winslow is there at 12, can you afford NOT to take them? [/b][/quote]
    I hope all the impact players are gone when the Jets pick 12th.

Seems like a stupid thing to wish for if your a Jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] :ph34r: I'll be honest....if Reggie is there at 12 I want him...if not, then take Gamble and concentrate on defense...if we pick up TO via free agency then go all defense. [/b][/quote]
    Granted TO is a Great player but..With Hackett as the OC here
    how long before TO goes balistic?? Even Wayne was going Nuts
    with Hackett..Having TO on this Team is like having a Great Weapon
    with no Ammo!! :(

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by metjet+Feb 4 2004, 12:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (metjet @ Feb 4 2004, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JStokes[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:30 PM
    [b] I think it&#39;s more than evident that we need some drastic help all over the Defense, so that&#39;s why I&#39;m hoping Roy and Reggie Williams and Kellen Jr are gone by 12.

Roy should easily be gone, although some mocks recently have him slipping beyond Reggie (I don&#39;t see it).

If you could guarantee yourself that a Jenkins or a Clayton or a Woods was there in Rd 2 (or you have already signed a BIG FA WR), you could pass, but it doesn&#39;t appear that any of those guys gets out of the 1st.

If either of the Williams or Winslow is there at 12, can you afford NOT to take them? [/b][/quote]

Seems like a stupid thing to wish for if your a Jets fan. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Dewbag- Do you not understand subtlety?

Then let me say it S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I want to draft either Roy Williams, Reggie Williams or Kellen Winslow if they are available at 12, defense be damned.

Idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: well said Savage but as much a baller as wayne is (was) he is no terrel Owens......is there a possibility of him going ballistic? Of course but I surely would take that chance.

If the price is right there is no way we can pass on TO.

the reason why you can pass up reggie williams... all the other great WR that will be available day 1... check the draft value boards there are about 10-15 WR with first day value

id rather they drafted Vilma in 1 and Wilford in 2 than Williams in 1, Boulware in 2 (for example)

[quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes+Feb 4 2004, 01:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JStokes @ Feb 4 2004, 01:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -metjet@Feb 4 2004, 12:56 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JStokes[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:30 PM
    [b] I think it&#39;s more than evident that we need some drastic help all over the Defense, so that&#39;s why I&#39;m hoping Roy and Reggie Williams and Kellen Jr are gone by 12.

Roy should easily be gone, although* some mocks recently have him slipping beyond Reggie (I don&#39;t see it).

If you could guarantee yourself that a Jenkins or a Clayton or a Woods was there in Rd 2 (or you have already signed a BIG FA WR), you could pass, but it doesn&#39;t appear that any of those guys gets out of the 1st.

Seems like a stupid thing to wish for if your a Jets fan. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Dewbag- Do you not understand subtlety?

Then let me say it S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I want to draft either Roy Williams, Reggie Williams or Kellen Winslow if they are available at 12, defense be damned.

Idiot. [/b][/quote]
    Eschew obfuscation.

Moron.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: hey peeps: We are all die hard Jets fans here and we want to see this team win...this offseason is gonna be exciting and there is no reason for the name calling...everyone has an opinion and even if u disagree we still respect it......regardless of if u want to draft offense/defense, we all want the same results for the Jets.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] :ph34r: hey peeps: We are all die hard Jets fans here and we want to see this team win...this offseason is gonna be exciting and there is no reason for the name calling...everyone has an opinion and even if u disagree we still respect it......regardless of if u want to draft offense/defense, we all want the same results for the Jets. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks freak....

You beat me to the post. Please be respectful of the others here or find a new board to post on.

Practice Squad
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] :ph34r: hey peeps: We are all die hard Jets fans here and we want to see this team win...this offseason is gonna be exciting and there is no reason for the name calling...everyone has an opinion and even if u disagree we still respect it......regardless of if u want to draft offense/defense, we all want the same results for the Jets. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks freak....

You beat me to the post. Please be respectful of the others here or find a new board to post on. [/b][/quote]
    thanks sooth.
    this is one reason that my posts are restricted. i don&#39;t mind rebuttal or difference of opinion but the name calling is ridiculous. because someone wants TO and someone doesn&#39;t, that does not mean one is smarter than the other. normally the people on here are very knowledgeable but some i think are just here to agrivate others. they give no reasons for their opinions, just start with jokes or name calling.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I bought into your logic last year Bit, not this year. Give me a weapon this time&#33; If Moss is the #2 guy he&#39;ll look like a #1 giving is a set of outstanding threats. When he is the #1 it looks like we need a true #1. If we add a Williams to our offence its going to be fun, period. Of course that Gardner trade still would be a nice option that would leave us that 12th pick.

I even like Kei but in addition to drafting a WR if he is obtainable at a bargin price. I just see Chad&#39;s touch and Kei using his body positioning as a great combination. A lot more 3rd down conversions here than tossing the ball to Becht.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:20 PM
    Thanks freak....

You beat me to the post. Please be respectful of the others here or find a new board to post on. [/b][/quote]
    Sooth, Freak-

I posted what I thought was a well thought out question that&#39;s been puzzling me for a while now.

I asked it in a respectful way.

When my post gets questioned as stupid (which I didn&#39;t think it was), I reacted.

Sorry.

Veteran
    Bit hit the nail on the head

[quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes+Feb 4 2004, 02:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JStokes @ Feb 4 2004, 02:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -THE_SOOTHSAYER@Feb 4 2004, 01:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 12:20 PM
    Thanks freak....

Sooth, Freak-

I posted what I thought was a well thought out question that&#39;s been puzzling me for a while now.

I asked it in a respectful way.

When my post gets questioned as stupid (which I didn&#39;t think it was), I reacted.

Sorry. [/b][/quote]
    I am sorry too. Didn&#39;t mean to offend. Peace to all.