Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad divorces Wife and moves to Massachusetts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=red][SIZE=4][b]NOW HEAR THIS[/b][/color][/SIZE]

Until Chad leads the Jets to two Super Bowl victories, all of these ridiculous threads about Pennington being far superior to Brady MUST stop and anyone who continues to post them is an idiot.

It's pretty easy math:

Brady - 2
    Pennington - 0

I love Pennington to death, think he's a hell of a QB and truly believe he CAN and WILL lead the Jets to a Super Bowl win. But until he does, Brady deserves recognition for being a 2 time Super Bowl MVP, and creating baseless threads and posts stating Pennington is far superior to Brady are assinine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, your logic is flawed. SuperBowl victories make you a better QB than skills do? Sure if it's Joe Montana, he has the skills and the credentials to be considered one of the greatest. But are you saying that Trent Dilfer is better than CP simply because he won more games because of a supporting cast? Tom Brady is a slightly better version of Fiedler. He won't make mistakes, but he won't win a game for you. Chad won't make mistakes, but he can also win a game for you. I consider that to be the true difference maker between the two. Don't get me wrong, Brady is good, maybe even great. But the fact of the matter is he's not Joe Montana, he's not John Elway, he's not any of those guys. And by your own logic:

Tom Brady-2
    Brett Favre-1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:30 PM
    [b] Tom Brady is a slightly better version of Fiedler. He won't make mistakes, but he won't win a game for you. Chad won't make mistakes, but he can also win a game for you. I consider that to be the true difference maker between the two. [/b][/quote]

Hey waterbucket, what games have you been watching? Madden?

Would you care to support your ridiculous post with some facts?

Exactly what games "has Chad won" besides the Raider game?

He doesn't make mistakes? Nice pick against Philly which virtually cost the Jets the game.

You can reply after you get up from your afternoon nap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:19 PM
    [b] [color=red][SIZE=4][b]NOW HEAR THIS[/b][/color][/SIZE]

Until Chad leads the Jets to two Super Bowl victories, all of these ridiculous threads about Pennington being far superior to Brady MUST stop and anyone who continues to post them is an idiot.

It's pretty easy math:

Brady - 2
    Pennington - 0

I love Pennington to death, think he's a hell of a QB and truly believe he CAN and WILL lead the Jets to a Super Bowl win. But until he does, Brady deserves recognition for being a 2 time Super Bowl MVP, and creating baseless threads and posts stating Pennington is far superior to Brady are assinine. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Gun-

Not sure people are saying Chad is far superior to Brady, but why is it ridiculous to be of the subjective opinion that Chad is a better pure QB than Brady? And why is someone assinine to post it?

Nobody is denying that Brady owns 2 rings (one undeserved), but Jeter has 4, 5 rings and ARod has none, but people can still make the subjective argument that ARod is a better pure baseball player.

Most people on the Chad side of the opinion reason that Chad could have won 2 SBs with NE's defense and coaching staff, and Brady would not have 2 SB wins with the Jet D and coaching staff.

Why is that so ridiculous? Why is that baseless?

Why is that so assinine?

It's just an opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:30 PM
    [b] Dude, your logic is flawed. SuperBowl victories make you a better QB than skills do? Sure if it's Joe Montana, he has the skills and the credentials to be considered one of the greatest. But are you saying that Trent Dilfer is better than CP simply because he won more games because of a supporting cast? Tom Brady is a slightly better version of Fiedler. He won't make mistakes, but he won't win a game for you. Chad won't make mistakes, but he can also win a game for you. I consider that to be the true difference maker between the two. Don't get me wrong, Brady is good, maybe even great. But the fact of the matter is he's not Joe Montana, he's not John Elway, he's not any of those guys. And by your own logic:

Tom Brady-2
    Brett Favre-1 [/b][/quote]
    I didn't mean to relate Super Bowl victories to Qb abilities so if that's how it came across I apologize.

It's just I think Brady takes a lot of crap around here for the sole reason that he's a New England Patriot. Here is a guy that was a 6th round pick, was a bench warmer for a while, and has come off the bench to win 2 super bowls in 3 years. Yeah he does it in sometimes ugly ways, but the fact is he gets it done and there has to be some credit for that. Will Brady shatter any modern day QB records....probably not a chance. Will Brady make the HOF one day? I think not, but who knows. But who cares when you have two Super Bowl rings.?

I think head to head, with the same talent available, Pennington would win in a head to head mathup against Brady by a hair. Pennington is smooth, has one of the best play action fakes in football, and is hyperaccurate (hell he connected with the patriots 5 times in week 15 :lol: ) but a QB's legacy is about their ability to win. When it comes to the playoffs, Chad crumbled when the big game was on the line, and Brady won two super bowls. Enough said. To say Brady won't make mistakes but can't win the game for you is ludicrous.

If you think I'm anti-Pennington you're crazy. My basement is a living shrine to the guy. But until he proves himself, he's going to always take a backseat to Brady and the rest.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey PatsFan, chill out buddy, you've got you're two underserved Bowl rings, let's calm down.

Let's see: Chad won the Jacksonville game in 2003, Chad won the Raiders game in 2003, Chad won the PATRIOTS game in 2002, Chad won the Broncos game in 2002, and quite a few others but none that I can remember off the top of my head.

Bottom line, CP is a more accurate quarterback, he has a higher QB Rating than TB ever will, and if he had a Patriots defense he would be in the SuperBowl, no doubt.

What games have Tom Brady won? I'll tell you, none. His defense won. You should've lost the SuperBowl because of the fumble before the Vrabel TD but for some reason that was completely ignored. Funny how the refs love their little patriotic team to win their championships isn't it? Also in the Colts game, the Pats defense mugged the receivers with holding and pass intereference all night but the refs didn't call one, NOT ONE. So don't come in with you're little Boston diatribe about how SOMETHING, ANYTHING from New England (other than Clam Chowder) is better than something from the City. And to end my statement with something completely immature: Chad Owns Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] Hey PatsFan, chill out buddy, you've got you're two underserved Bowl rings, let's calm down.

Let's see: Chad won the Jacksonville game in 2003, Chad won the Raiders game in 2003, Chad won the PATRIOTS game in 2002, Chad won the Broncos game in 2002, and quite a few others but none that I can remember off the top of my head.

Bottom line, CP is a more accurate quarterback, he has a higher QB Rating than TB ever will, and if he had a Patriots defense he would be in the SuperBowl, no doubt.

What games have Tom Brady won? I'll tell you, none. His defense won. You should've lost the SuperBowl because of the fumble before the Vrabel TD but for some reason that was completely ignored. Funny how the refs love their little patriotic team to win their championships isn't it? Also in the Colts game, the Pats defense mugged the receivers with holding and pass intereference all night but the refs didn't call one, NOT ONE. So don't come in with you're little Boston diatribe about how SOMETHING, ANYTHING from New England (other than Clam Chowder) is better than something from the City. And to end my statement with something completely immature: Chad Owns Brady. [/b][/quote]
    Corky Thatcher from Life Goes On could be the Jets QB for all I care, as long as he leads them to a Super Bowl win.

[img]http://studentclubs.winona.edu/winonan/images/Photos/1corky.jpg[/img]

Enough conspiracy theories with the Patriots wins already. Pretty soon, we're going to hear about Castro influencing Patriots wins and Billichick being the grassy knoll shooter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b]

What games have Tom Brady won? I'll tell you, none. His defense won. You should've lost the SuperBowl because of the fumble before the Vrabel TD but for some reason that was completely ignored. Funny how the refs love their little patriotic team to win their championships isn't it? Also in the Colts game, the Pats defense mugged the receivers with holding and pass intereference all night but the refs didn't call one, NOT ONE. [/b][/quote]

My apologies to all knowledgable Jet fans for baiting this illiterate genius into a football discussion.

I would be extremly embarrassed as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, great response buddy. I love how you refuted everything I said.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't we all just get along?

The pats fan is having his one day in the sun. We have Chad all next season, chill dudes - it's all good.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will someone please get out their nightstick and take care of Rodney?

[img]http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/twak.gif[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to, but I just don't understand the game of football. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 4 2004, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 4 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] Hey PatsFan, chill out buddy, you&#39;ve got you&#39;re two underserved Bowl rings, let&#39;s calm down.

Let&#39;s see: Chad won the Jacksonville game in 2003, Chad won the Raiders game in 2003, Chad won the PATRIOTS game in 2002, Chad won the Broncos game in 2002, and quite a few others but none that I can remember off the top of my head.

What games have Tom Brady won? I&#39;ll tell you, none. His defense won. You should&#39;ve lost the SuperBowl because of the fumble before the Vrabel TD but for some reason that was completely ignored. Funny how the refs love their little patriotic team to win their championships isn&#39;t it? Also in the Colts game, the Pats defense mugged the receivers with holding and pass intereference all night but the refs didn&#39;t call one, NOT ONE. So don&#39;t come in with you&#39;re little Boston diatribe about how SOMETHING, ANYTHING from New England (other than Clam Chowder) is better than something from the City. And to end my statement with something completely immature: Chad Owns Brady. [/b][/quote]
    Corky Thatcher from Life Goes On could be the Jets QB for all I care, as long as he leads them to a Super Bowl win.

[img]http://studentclubs.winona.edu/winonan/images/Photos/1corky.jpg[/img]

Enough conspiracy theories with the Patriots wins already. Pretty soon, we&#39;re going to hear about Castro influencing Patriots wins and Billichick being the grassy knoll shooter. [/b][/quote]
    Cant happen guns..Thatcher had a horrible showing at the combine..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] ;) [/b][/quote]
    you&#39;re gay.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You&#39;re mature.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 07:30 PM
    [b] Chad won&#39;t make mistakes,

[/b][/quote]
    Seriously, are you retarded? Challenged in some sort of way we should know?

I guess those 5 picks he threw against the Patriots were due to wind shears?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Feb 4 2004, 05:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Feb 4 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ChadOwnsBrady[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 07:30 PM
    [b] Chad won&#39;t make mistakes,

[/b][/quote]
    Seriously, are you retarded? Challenged in some sort of way we should know?

I guess those 5 picks he threw against the Patriots were due to wind shears? [/b][/quote]
    Severe wind shears...... ;)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 04:04 PM
    [b] I guess those 5 picks he threw against the Patriots were due to wind shears? [/b][/quote]
    Could be. He&#39;s never thrown that many in a game prior to that.

It was kinda windy that day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s not his fault he has one good reciever that&#39;s double teamed constantly while all of the other recievers never get open, of course he has to force the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 09:29 PM
    [b] It&#39;s not his fault he has one good reciever that&#39;s double teamed constantly while all of the other recievers never get open, of course he has to force the ball. [/b][/quote]
    So this "accurate" QB forces things? Which means he has no arm strength? I mean if he is sooo accurate, he shoul dbe able to put in a place they can&#39;t catch it right? :rolleyes: