Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This forum shouldn't be led just by shakin318.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The mods really made a mistake when they decided to let shakin lead this forum by himself. He's too partisan and he's not trustworthy enough to be fair.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whine much, Toonces?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:46 PM
    [b] Whine much, Toonces? [/b][/quote]
    More liberal hypocrisy at its' best 5ever...freedom of speech for those who speak like liberals and think they are above it all.

See, the moderator doesn't think like him so should not be allowed to moderate the board.....were the moderator deleting posts he didn't agree with, banning users with different political thoughts or sending them threatening e-mails then there is a valid point but I bet my dollar to your (tailgator) donut that has not happened once.

Actually that is similiar to what coward dean says he would do were he to be living in the White House as he'd regulate free speech, er the media.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:46 PM
    More liberal hypocrisy at its&#39; best 5ever...freedom of speech for those who speak like liberals and think they are above it all.

See, the moderator doesn&#39;t think like him so should not be allowed to moderate the board.....were the moderator deleting posts he didn&#39;t agree with, banning users with different political thoughts or sending them threatening e-mails then there is a valid point but I bet my dollar to your (tailgator) donut that has not happened once.

Actually that is similiar to what coward dean says he would do were he to be living in the White House as he&#39;d regulate free speech, er the media. [/b][/quote]
    CBNY, I&#39;ll take your bottom dollar then. Shakin has e-mailed me.

What&#39;s hypocritical is that this forum is led only by a conservative like shakin318, to be fair a liberal should also be one of this forum&#39;s leaders.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:46 PM
    More liberal hypocrisy at its&#39; best 5ever...freedom of speech for those who speak like liberals and think they are above it all.

See, the moderator doesn&#39;t think like him so should not be allowed to moderate the board.....were the moderator deleting posts he didn&#39;t agree with, banning users with different political thoughts or sending them threatening e-mails then there is a valid point but I bet my dollar to your (tailgator) donut that has not happened once.

Actually that is similiar to what coward dean says he would do were he to be living in the White House as he&#39;d regulate free speech, er the media.Co [/b][/quote]
    Come Back

I&#39;ve only had to send two emails as mod -- both simply to remind the posters in question to refrain from dropping f-bombs, as well as make them aware of the three strikes you&#39;re out policy (which is basically the reason Sooth asked me to Mod here)

Other than that, I couldn&#39;t care less what gets posted here, and as you can see it&#39;s basically anything goes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b] What&#39;s hypocritical is that this forum is led only by a conservative like shakin318, to be fair a liberal should also be one of this forum&#39;s leaders. [/b][/quote]
    I totally agree.....

Lets vote on who should speak from the left.....

The nominees are :

A.....Spirit of Weeb

B.....Jets 5ever

C.....Come back to NY

Unfortunately we will be unable to accept write in candidates at this time.....

Whose it gonna be ?.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 02:46 PM

Actually that is similiar to what coward dean says he would do were he to be living in the White House as he&#39;d regulate free speech, er the media. [/b][/quote]

What&#39;s hypocritical is that this forum is led only by a conservative like shakin318, to be fair a liberal should also be one of this forum&#39;s leaders. [/b][/quote]
    Hey its&#39; a free world in the liberal society....there are plenty of liberal boards available....I got banned from many of them for my use of free speech&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:05 PM
    [b] Other than that, I couldn&#39;t care less what gets posted here, and as you can see it&#39;s basically anything goes. [/b][/quote]
    Then you should welcome a fellow leader.

Just to keep things fair, and you honest. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 4 2004, 03:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 4 2004, 03:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM

What&#39;s hypocritical is that this forum is led only by a conservative like shakin318, to be fair a liberal should also be one of this forum&#39;s leaders. [/b][/quote]
    Hey its&#39; a free world in the liberal society....there are plenty of liberal boards available....I got banned from many of them for my use of free speech&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So in other words, CBNY your bottom dollar is in the mail. Right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tail -

When is NOW with Bill Moyers on this week?? I am [i]dying[/i] to see that program, I just can&#39;t seem to remember when it airs....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 03:37 PM
    [b] Tail -

When is NOW with Bill Moyers on this week?? I am [i]dying[/i] to see that program, I just can&#39;t seem to remember when it airs.... [/b][/quote]
    5-ever...Check your local listings.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If all Shakin&#39; is doing is censoring F-bombs, then his politics are irrelevant.

For the record, the "mods" didn&#39;t give him the keys. Soothsayer did that, just like he did for me, Jumba, Murph and Shakin&#39; on the football board.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] If all Shakin&#39; is doing is censoring F-bombs, then his politics are irrelevant.

[/b][/quote]
    Bob, shakin318 only does that on a selective basis. He&#39;s not trustworthy enough to lead this forum by himself.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Feb 4 2004, 03:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Feb 4 2004, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Feb 4 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Feb 4 2004, 02:53 PM

Hey its&#39; a free world in the liberal society....there are plenty of liberal boards available....I got banned from many of them for my use of free speech&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So in other words, CBNY your bottom dollar is in the mail. Right? [/b][/quote]
    wrong...as usual....you were not censured for your your beligerent beliefs rather the use of profanity, and the same would hold true for me were I to use the word, or 5Ever, or Weeb, etc, etc, etc...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] If all Shakin&#39; is doing is censoring F-bombs, then his politics are irrelevant.

For the record, the "mods" didn&#39;t give him the keys. Soothsayer did that, just like he did for me, Jumba, Murph and Shakin&#39; on the football board. [/b][/quote]
    Bob, remember how wild this board was 5 years ago? The stuff that was posted here was insane. It&#39;s amazing how the board has pretty much grown to moderate itself, with the exception of a few people who A: can&#39;t follow the simplest of rules, or B: really need to get a life.

This thread is a perfect example.

Over three months ago (basically the same time Sooth put me on as Mod), I told tailgators that I was done engaging in any dialogue with him. I became convinced -- by the frequent non-sequitur nature of his replies and his inability to maintain a civil debate with ANYONE -- that he was not dealing with a full deck. I mean, just look at this topic. What well-adjusted adult wastes their time with something so childish?

Anyway, since telling him that I was done with hime, I have ignored him -- even through his name-calling and personal attacks. Other than glancing at his posts like any others on the board, I have avoided any exchange with him. I said I was done with him, and when I say it, I do it.

Ironically, the one time I have used the Delete function here was to delete a thread that was a personal attack on him. Someone started a thread calling him out on something, to which he whined something to the effect of "This post should be immediately deleted, as it is based on nothing but a personal attack&#33;" So I deleted it. Now, keeping that in mind, take a look at the topic of this thread, and some of his posts within.

Not surprisingly, tailgators is trying to rile up his side of the political debate on the board by bringing my trustworthiness and fairness into question. Totally oblivious to how ridiculous he looks simply by the virtue of this post still being here.

Bitonti, have I ever contacted you or deleted/edited any of your posts?

JetSet Junta, have I ever contacted you or deleted/edited any of your posts?

Section Row, have I ever contacted you or deleted/edited any of your posts?

WestCoastMole?

Anyone?

The fact that I&#39;ve wasted my time just on this post is ridiculous and a shame. The guy just doesn&#39;t have the ability to see himself as everyone else here sees him -- even after being told what a joke he is time after time by even the most casual of passersby...being labeled as an annoying, crap-stirring poster by regulars ON HIS SIDE of the political debates here...being overwhelmingly "voted off the island" over a Pats fan(&#33;) on the football board...

Now, in true tailgators fashion, he wastes all of our time and levels another personal attack on me over my being a mod here -- a virtually meaningless role that is so irrelevant to me and to any other rational adult here, that you really have to wonder what makes this guy tick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a guy you are shakin318&#33;&#33;

Now how do you feel about sharing the leadership of this forum?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 05:07 PM
    [b] being overwhelmingly "voted off the island" over a Pats fan(&#33;) on the football board...

[/b][/quote]
    Three votes is hardly overwhelming.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don&#39;t agree with all of shakin&#39;s politics but he&#39;s doin a bang up job as a mod... no complaints whatsoever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Feb 4 2004, 04:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Feb 4 2004, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 4 2004, 04:02 PM

[/b][/quote]
    Bob, shakin318 only does that on a selective basis. He&#39;s not trustworthy enough to lead this forum by himself. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s because only you liberals resort to that type of behavior in these heated debates.

Someone mentioned me as possible mod -- I have neither the desire or temperment to moderate. If Shakin was as you say he is, then most of your comments would never see the light of day.

He&#39;s doing a good job, much better than you or I would. Stop whining -- save it for November.

Maxman
    Tail:
    What&#39;s the matter? Sooth stopped taking your calls about this subject?