Thread: What books are you currently reading?

Banned
    I just started [i]Castles of Steel[/i] by Robert K. Massie. It's his follow-up book to [i]Dreadnought[/i]. It's a study of World War I and the role the British and German warships had in determining it's outcome.

Hall Of Fame
    I am reading "Job; A Comedy of Justice" by Robert Heinlein.

I just finished reading Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card.

(Both are sci-fi books)

All League
    [quote][b](Both are sci-fi books)
    [/b][/quote]

That explains how you live in a fantasy land ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Not bad Section, not bad.....

All League
    [quote][b]Not bad Section, not bad..... [/b][/quote]

Hey, you know I learn from the best. I don't think I could top asking someone named Jared about his Subway diet. That was classic.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 5 2004, 02:12 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Not bad Section, not bad..... [/b][/quote]

Hey, you know I learn from the best. I don't think I could top asking someone named Jared about his Subway diet. That was classic. [/b][/quote]
    That was a good one, I'll give you that....

ender's game is the bomb

seriously a VERY good book

what do you guys think im playing tons of madden for? preparing to serve my nation in deep space combat, baby!!!

they have me reading books like Modern Information Retrieval and Applying UML and Patterns so if im getting free time its not gonna be spent reading anything heavier than an EZ wider package thats for damn sure.

Just finished Nelson DeMille's 'Up Country' not bad.

I strongly recommend any of his books...he is great on developing characters...especially his no-nonsense-tough-wise-cracking male characters.

Right now I am gonna start 'The Reader'. Don't know the author...it came highly recommended by my mother who got it from Oprah's book club...I am not THAT enthuastic...but promised to try it...

Hall Of Fame
    Hyped - my wife is obsessed with DeMille books.

I haven't read any yet. She likes Cathedral or something, the best.

Bitonti - that was funny. Funny story:

Last weekend my buddy and I went over to another buddy's place to play in a poker tournament. $50 to enter, $1000 to the winner, $200 to second place. We got all sorts of twisted up before, during, etc. We just kept getting cards...it was sick.

Anyway,We ended up making to the final two, us two wasted idiots out of 24 players. I ended up winning and didn't even care, so I split the money with the guy 600 to 600 and then he went out and got some kick-ass ****e. Ha ha...that doesn't happen every day!

thats a great story... and a happy ending

heres a story with a mid-grade ending

i had the dank connect these bike delivery cats would show up to your spot a la MR Nice Guy in Half Baked.

as one might expext those useless ballsless worthless bastards at the DEA didn't like it and took the whole thing down... after a month of resin-fest 2004 i finally got some mid-grade connects... not the humboldt quality i was enjoying previously but there's something to be said for grass that doesn't leave me "buck nekkid in Dee-bo's chickin coup, sweatin like a slave"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 5 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b] [quote][b](Both are sci-fi books)
    [/b][/quote]

That explains how you live in a fantasy land ;) [/b][/quote]
    funny...coming from someone who openly calls michael moore-on his "favorite political analyst" :lol:

Just finished Ambrose's "D-Day" for the second time and will start Bradley's "Flyboy's"; both books about brave American war hero's...the type of people sec109 hates......

I also got a good college football book for the holiday's, "Horns, Hogs and Nixon's Coming" about the classic '69 Texas/Arkansas game...

One a different note, a book I highly reccomend is "One Day in September" it is about the '72 Olympic massacre in Munich and if you remember the events or have an interest in what happened it is an absolute page turner!