Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: U.S. soccer team hears Osama chants...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: I have a condo in Mazatlan, Mexico and I was in Mexico when the US defeat them. The game was on a sunday and I can't tell you how pissed they were about the loss. Soccer is life over there and in europe.
    The game was on a sunday and on monday thousands of people did not show up for work etc....it was an actual day of mourning.

What happened was a disgusting show of sportsmanship but it really does not surprise me. In europe every year many people die at soccer games....it's kind of a rabid passion.

As a US Army veteran I piss on the idiots that were chanting!

I also know that is also does not reflect on the majority of the Mexican population which are decent hard working people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think that is right, I believe that was wrong, but im just telling you what some of the mexican are like ... I agree with all of you, the people chanting were bery ignorant......
    I dont have that passion for soccer that everybody has over there.(i have it but for the JETS) dont ask me why but my whole family including external family likes football over socccer by far, but allmost everybody is a cowboy fan.....except me...
    Ilive in South Florida

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 09:41 PM
    [b] If Osama's camel humpers set off a dirty bomb in the middle of Mexico City, I think we'd hear the little Mexican bastards chanting "George, George, George" in a hurry. [/b][/quote]
    Way out of line while Mexican Americans are dying in Iraq and other places in support of our country.

As a hispanic I think you could rephrase that statement.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: Florida Jet is 100% correct....as I said in my post:

What a few idiots did at a soccer game does not reflect on the entire Mexican population.....I go there every year and I love the people and the way I am treated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know what those people who wghere chanting need to be knocked around ALOT !!! - idiots - over a damn soccer game they bring up a tragedy - but when they want the American dream they sneak their asses over - that is what is wrong with this country we let any one in -

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is really funny about this whole thing is that we have a Patriot Act that is supposed to go after the individuals and organizations that support Terrorist regimes.

Yet Hussein got his chemical weapons arsenal from Reagan, Bush Sr., Rumsfeld and Cheney. AlQuaeda was also created when Reagan, Bush Sr., Rumsfeld and Cheney recruited and trained Osama himself. Let's not forget that Reagan, Bush Sr., Rumsfeld and Cheney brokered the deal with Iraq and Iran to send their jailbirds over to Afghanistan to resist the Russian invasion. While those same moronic politicians called these Afghan rebels freedom fighters they were for the most part a bunch of criminals. Criminals who were not welcome back into their home countries when the Russians were defeated. So guess what? They decided to go blow up the World Trade Center and part of the Pentagon and kill a few thousand in the process.

Oh and the lead Patriot himself George W. Bush himself knew all about it, so did the Mousad and so did Saudi Arabia. Guess what happens next? George W. can now go after the guy who tried to kill his father with or without WMD, Isreal can continue their ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and grand land theft, and the Saudi oil princes can make more money on oil exports. Coincidence or Phenomena!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if the Patriot act were a true law shouldn't, Reagan; Bush Sr.; Rumsfeld; Cheney and now George W. be held captive in Guantanamo bay with Sharon and the Saudi Royal family?

Instead the only good thing to come of all of this is that Rappin' Ronald Reagan himself is dieing a slow and painful death. Talk about Kharma!!!!

And we are concerned about our U.S.Soccer team being mocked in Canada and Mexico with chants of Osama. Like that really matters. What matters is that the same low-lifes that are in Washington D.C., Republicans and Democrats alike, are the reason why murderous bastards like Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and Areil Sharon are around in the first place. The Republicans stand to lose too much money if there is no conflict and the Democrats are too stupid to find a real solution. Hence, we should just let it be and find a way to laugh and profit from it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjetsmac[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 03:37 AM
    [b] im from mexico and ill tell you what, you take this kind of things very seriousley, they did not mean it, but mexicans think everything is funny so i think they think this was funny too.....but amercians take everything very serious [/b][/quote]
    As a Hispanic American I do not find this funny at all. It is very sad that some idiots would slam our country while we are ready to die to protect their freedom.

I am a Viet vet and take things like this very serious. Our young men and women in the armed forces truly represent what we are: ONE NATION UNDER GOD. White, black, yellow, brown, or whatever. We live here and support our beloved country.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 02:50 AM
    [b] Some news magazine did a poll whcih said that only 15 percent of Canadians would vote for Bush....

That's great, but unfortunately for them, they aren't Americans and so I could give a rat's a$$ who'd they want as U.S. president. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that poll was moronic. As a whole, Canada is too preoccupied with what is going on in the States ... and this is coming from a Canuck. I'm tired of seeing stories of how Kerry is doing on our local news. Just tell us who's the new/repeating President ... when it happens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] And we are concerned about our U.S.Soccer team being mocked in Canada and Mexico with chants of Osama. [/b][/quote]
    I don't recall anything about the U.S. soccer team being mocked in Canada.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 11:41 PM
    [b]
    If Osama's camel humpers set off a dirty bomb in the middle of Mexico City, I think we'd hear the little Mexican bastards chanting "George, George, George" in a hurry. [/b][/quote]
    Being Mexican/American find this very disturbing.

These fans that were chanting Osama are a bunch of idiots! These people take soccer to the heart. Kinda like the Hooligans in England. Not all Mexicans are that way.

I was reading a few posts in here that plainly put Mexicans down. Just because some idiot fans were chanting "Osama" does not mean we're all like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Titan62+Feb 8 2004, 01:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Titan62 @ Feb 8 2004, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mavrik[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 02:50 AM
    [b] Some news magazine did a poll whcih said that only 15 percent of Canadians would vote for Bush....

That&#39;s great, but unfortunately for them, they aren&#39;t Americans and so I could give a rat&#39;s a&#036;&#036; who&#39;d they want as U.S. president. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that poll was moronic. As a whole, Canada is too preoccupied with what is going on in the States ... and this is coming from a Canuck. I&#39;m tired of seeing stories of how Kerry is doing on our local news. Just tell us who&#39;s the new/repeating President ... when it happens.[/b][/quote]
    [img]http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/canada.jpg[/img]

[SIZE=3][color=blue]All in Good Fun Titan&#33;&#33;[/color][/SIZE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 02:44 PM
    [b] [SIZE=3][color=blue]All in Good Fun Titan&#33;&#33;[/color][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    I never doubted that Savage. LOL

We need to concern ourselves with ... well ... ourselves. Too bad the politicians and media, by large, don&#39;t get it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJ310+Feb 8 2004, 02:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (NYJ310 @ Feb 8 2004, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dmaynard[/i]@Feb 6 2004, 11:41 PM
    [b]
    If Osama&#39;s camel humpers set off a dirty bomb in the middle of Mexico City, I think we&#39;d hear the little Mexican bastards chanting "George, George, George" in a hurry. [/b][/quote]
    Being Mexican/American find this very disturbing.

These fans that were chanting Osama are a bunch of idiots&#33; These people take soccer to the heart. Kinda like the Hooligans in England. Not all Mexicans are that way.

I was reading a few posts in here that plainly put Mexicans down. Just because some idiot fans were chanting "Osama" does not mean we&#39;re all like that. [/b][/quote]
    You are right but unfortunately when American&#39;s see a lot of illegal&#39;s in this nation that live 20 to a house, take a lot of jobs, then berate our nation in a country that had huge demonstrations ten years ago when Californian&#39;s were voting on a proposal to drop all social services for illegal&#39;s, it grates on your nerves.

My problem is I hardly see any "pro-American" rallies in any of these countries we constantly lend a helping hand to.....never....at any time. They want to mouth off when they disagree with us yet keep silent when we assist them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 03:08 PM
    [b]My problem is I hardly see any "pro-American" rallies in any of these countries we constantly lend a helping hand to.....never....at any time. They want to mouth off when they disagree with us yet keep silent when we assist them.[/b][/quote]
    And you never saw any Arab Americans holding pro American
    rallies either&#33; 60 Minutes did a show visiting Arab Schools in
    New York and when asked about Osama and the 9/11 Pilots
    they said Osama was a Hero and the Pilots and other Terrorists
    were Revered Martyrs&#33;&#33; :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Titan62+Feb 8 2004, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Titan62 @ Feb 8 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--outsider[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] And we are concerned about our U.S.Soccer team being mocked in Canada and Mexico with chants of Osama. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t recall anything about the U.S. soccer team being mocked in Canada. [/b][/quote]
    I meant to say by Canada and Mexico.

Not that it really matters because it is only a matter of time before we see that happening at an NHL, CFL, NBA or MLB game that is played in Canada.

And when it does happen we deserve it. The guys who created the mystique of bin Laden and Alquaeda essentially got re-established in Washington by our vote. Regardless of whether or not it was stolen. If the Osama chant happens again and it will it is much deserved. The sad thing about it is that 3000 or so people are dead because of the evils that existed in the White House during Reagan&#39;s terms, Bush Sr.&#39;s term, and presently George AWOL Bush&#39;s term.

Sometimes I wonder what is worse a draft dodger that goes to school and gets tagged a draft dodger or the stupidest Yale legacy graduate that goes AWOL while serving the Air National Guard and avoids serving his country.

Anyway, when the coming global market crash happens and it will be more devastating to most than in 1987,people can raise their head high in this ****ry and say thank God for George W. Bush because he is God&#39;s President. Too bad God&#39;s President is a:
    1. p***y because he went AWOL from the Air National Guard
    2. Is TOO STUPID to read an intelligence report as we will all someday discover in the 9/11 and Iraq investigations.
    3. Is a LIER because he lied about the immenent threat of Saddam Hussein and there was no immnent threat nor WMD.
    4. Is a MURDERER because he knew of the immenent 9/11 threat and failed to act on the intelligence he recieved and let 3000 plus Americans die on that day. Let&#39;s not forget about his lies about Iraq that has left over 500 of our guys dead, 3000 plus severely injured and thousands of innocent Iraquis homeless and dead.
    5. Let&#39;s not forget that HIS DRUG HABITS SUPPORTED TERRORISM for many years as those DEA ads remind us that if you do drugs you are supporting terrorism.

Anyway before we make a big deal about people in other countries mocking us, we might want to take a look and see why and whether it is well deserved and do something about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider+Feb 8 2004, 03:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (outsider @ Feb 8 2004, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[quote]Originally posted by -Titan62@Feb 8 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--outsider[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM
    I don&#39;t recall anything about the U.S. soccer team being mocked in Canada. [/b][/quote]

Not that it really matters because it is only a matter of time before we see that happening at an NHL, CFL, NBA or MLB game that is played in Canada.

And when it does happen we deserve it. The guys who created the mystique of bin Laden and Alquaeda essentially got re-established in Washington by our vote. Regardless of whether or not it was stolen. If the Osama chant happens again and it will it is much deserved. The sad thing about it is that 3000 or so people are dead because of the evils that existed in the White House during Reagan&#39;s terms, Bush Sr.&#39;s term, and presently George AWOL Bush&#39;s term.

Sometimes I wonder what is worse a draft dodger that goes to school and gets tagged a draft dodger or the stupidest Yale legacy graduate that goes AWOL while serving the Air National Guard and avoids serving his country.

Anyway, when the coming global market crash happens and it will be more devastating to most than in 1987,people can raise their head high in this ****ry and say thank God for George W. Bush because he is God&#39;s President. Too bad God&#39;s President is a:
    2. Is TOO STUPID to read an intelligence report as we will all someday discover in the 9/11 and Iraq investigations.
    3. Is a LIER because he lied about the immenent threat of Saddam Hussein and there was no immnent threat nor WMD.
    4. Is a MURDERER because he knew of the immenent 9/11 threat and failed to act on the intelligence he recieved and let 3000 plus Americans die on that day. Let&#39;s not forget about his lies about Iraq that has left over 500 of our guys dead, 3000 plus severely injured and thousands of innocent Iraquis homeless and dead.
    5. Let&#39;s not forget that HIS DRUG HABITS SUPPORTED TERRORISM for many years as those DEA ads remind us that if you do drugs you are supporting terrorism.

Anyway before we make a big deal about people in other countries mocking us, we might want to take a look and see why and whether it is well deserved and do something about it.[/b][/quote]
    Outsider &#33;&#33; Number one your Liberal Crap belongs on the Political
    thread&#33; And if you think some friends of mine deserved to die on 9/11
    say it to my Face some day&#33;&#33; Your not worth a longer comment&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Feb 8 2004, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Feb 8 2004, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -outsider@Feb 8 2004, 03:59 PM
    [b][quote]Originally posted by -Titan62@Feb 8 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--outsider[/i]@Feb 8 2004, 01:36 PM

Anyway before we make a big deal about people in other countries mocking us, we might want to take a look and see why and whether it is well deserved and do something about it.[/b][/quote]
    Outsider &#33;&#33; Number one your Liberal Crap belongs on the Political
    thread&#33; And if you think some friends of mine deserved to die on 9/11
    say it to my Face some day&#33;&#33; Your not worth a longer comment&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    How am a I a liberal dude? And what exactly is a liberal?

Before you label me as a liberal you might want to read a book and clearly define what a liberal is and how my comments make me a liberal?

Furthermore before you cried your first tear about your friend that died on 9/11. My best friend from College died in the Panam Lockerbie bombing when he was flying back from his London Student Exchange Group. I think the difference between us is that I read books about what happened and why things like this happened and after 9/11 you didn&#39;t.

Furthermore, I lost two more college buddies on 9/11 and I have two cousins that are over in Iraq right now. So don&#39;t act like your loss is the only one.

Oh and before you go flexing your internet muscles. My comments about deserving this that or the other thing is that until we as citizens start to see the evils that exist politically and do something about it then there will always be a threat of another 9/11 happening and the mocking like what took place in Mexico. Sure enough another 9/11 type of thing can and may happen because most of us get up go to work and assume that we are either right wing or left wing and fail to look at the big picture.

Sorry about your loss dude&#33; However, let me remind you that your loss is not the only one. Furthermore, if it hurts and burns that much then be a man and question what caused this heinous act and who created the group that committed this heinous act. You might not like what you learn but that is what needs to come out of this for all of us. Not just you or I.

Maxman
    Outsider you are out of control. This thread should be moved off the football section.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Monster_Green[/i]@Feb 7 2004, 03:42 PM
    [b] Invade Mexico now&#33; We can have all the salsa and cheap pottery we want. [/b][/quote]
    Just think, if we invaded Mexico, everyone would have to change their "No War for Oil" signs to:

No war for Chia Pets&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK+Feb 8 2004, 05:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JerryK @ Feb 8 2004, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Monster_Green[/i]@Feb 7 2004, 03:42 PM
    [b] Invade Mexico now&#33; We can have all the salsa and cheap pottery we want. [/b][/quote]
    Just think, if we invaded Mexico, everyone would have to change their "No War for Oil" signs to:

No war for Chia Pets&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s pretty funny&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; LMAO