Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the nets, the KNICKS are on fire

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought most of us would be Knicks fans.

I'm so sick of the NETS, the Knicks are the real team and will make the playoffs as high as possibly the 4th seed.

The Knicks are playing amazing defense.

Marbury's great, Vanhorn is great when he's on, and Doleac, Mutumbo, Thomas, Harrington give the Knicks arguably the best front line in the east.

Just wait when Houston and his amazing scoring ability comes back.

Who saw the Miami game, didn't Sweeteny look great, He's 6'8, and he was boxing out guys that were much taller then him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woa man...no mention of Penny???

He's playing quite well as of late.

GO knicks. Keep the NETS out of NY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pick and roll with Marbury and Thomas works great now because they are working on it more and more during practice too. It almost looks like the pick and roll that Stockton and Malone used to do when they were playing together in Utah.

GO KNICKS !!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks beat 5 bad teams, and the Eastern Conference leading Pacers......Not bad at all

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is a thread to counter my Nets are on fire thread, i was speaking of 1 game. Not a streak. I was saying the Nets were on fire in the Orlando game. Jeez type 1 thing about the Nets and it's like you commited a sin. You knick fans are touchy. The funny thing is that Nets fans don't even hate the knicks. I have no ill will towards the knicks and i think Marbury is the man also. I thought so when he was a net too. Relax, we both have good competitive teams now.

Maxman
    Originally posted by persiussa@Feb 7 2004, 09:37 PM
    If this is a thread to counter my Nets are on fire thread, i was speaking of 1 game. Not a streak. I was saying the Nets were on fire in the Orlando game. Jeez type 1 thing about the Nets and it's like you commited a sin. You knick fans are touchy. The funny thing is that Nets fans don't even hate the knicks. I have no ill will towards the knicks and i think Marbury is the man also. I thought so when he was a net too. Relax, we both have good competitive teams now.
    Don't worry...the Net fans will have the final laugh. After Van Horn lays his first egg in the playoffs.

BRICK.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMFAO at Mutumbo, Doleac, and Thomas being one of the best in the east. They are a washed up center, a never was, and a PF playing center.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 08:48 PM
    I thought most of us would be Knicks fans.

I'm so sick of the NETS, the Knicks are the real team and will make the playoffs as high as possibly the 4th seed.

The Knicks are playing amazing defense.

Marbury's great, Vanhorn is great when he's on, and Doleac, Mutumbo, Thomas, Harrington give the Knicks arguably the best front line in the east.

Just wait when Houston and his amazing scoring ability comes back.

Who saw the Miami game, didn't Sweeteny look great, He's 6'8, and he was boxing out guys that were much taller then him.
    Well im sick of the Knicks.....last time i checked we were the Eastern Confrence Champs 2 years running....so untill you do something other than trade for ex-nets keep quiet.

Van Horn is trash and disappears in big games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by persiussa@Feb 7 2004, 09:37 PM
    I wasn't trying to argue, I was just starting a thread for my fellow Knicks fans, just to get some Knicks discussion on the NEW YORK jets message board.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by StonerJet 63@Feb 7 2004, 09:56 PM
    LMFAO at Mutumbo, Doleac, and Thomas being one of the best in the east. They are a washed up center, a never was, and a PF playing center.
    1.) Mutumbo has been a defenive Presence and size for the Knicks, he has played well, and could start on most teams in the east including the NETS whose Center Jason Collins looks like the blob and plays like it to.

2.) All Kurt Thomas does is get double doubles.

3.) Mike Doleac has been amazing off the bench, hitting those 15 foot jump shots, and getting 6-8 rebounds.

The Knicks have more fire power then the NETS, more Size, and will make alot of noise in the 2nd half of the season/playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 7 2004, 11:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 7 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--persiussa@Feb 7 2004, 09:37 PM
    If this is a thread to counter my Nets are on fire thread, i was speaking of 1 game. Not a streak. I was saying the Nets were on fire in the Orlando game. Jeez type 1 thing about the Nets and it&#39;s like you commited a sin. You knick fans are touchy. The funny thing is that Nets fans don&#39;t even hate the knicks. I have no ill will towards the knicks and i think Marbury is the man also. I thought so when he was a net too. Relax, we both have good competitive teams now.
    I wasn&#39;t trying to argue, I was just starting a thread for my fellow Knicks fans, just to get some Knicks discussion on the NEW YORK jets message board. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know if you realize this but New Jersey does not have a football team so alot of your fellow Jets fans are from NJ. It&#39;s pretty silly to say we can only discuss NEW YORK teams just because the Jets are from NY.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by persiussa+Feb 7 2004, 11:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (persiussa @ Feb 7 2004, 11:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:09 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--persiussa
    @Feb 7 2004, 09:37 PM
    If this is a thread to counter my Nets are on fire thread, i was speaking of 1 game. Not a streak. I was saying the Nets were on fire in the Orlando game. Jeez type 1 thing about the Nets and it&#39;s like you commited a sin. You knick fans are touchy. The funny thing is that Nets fans don&#39;t even hate the knicks. I have no ill will towards the knicks and i think Marbury is the man also. I thought so when he was a net too. Relax, we both have good competitive teams now.

I wasn&#39;t trying to argue, I was just starting a thread for my fellow Knicks fans, just to get some Knicks discussion on the NEW YORK jets message board.
    I don&#39;t know if you realize this but New Jersey does not have a football team so alot of your fellow Jets fans are from NJ. It&#39;s pretty silly to say we can only discuss NEW YORK teams just because the Jets are from NY. [/b][/quote]
    hey man I wasn&#39;t insinuating anything, like I said I was trying to get my fellow Knicks fans excited and pumped up.

Oh yeh, watch Marbury out play that wife beater kid next time they meet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 7 2004, 11:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 7 2004, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -persiussa@Feb 7 2004, 11:19 PM

I wasn&#39;t trying to argue, I was just starting a thread for my fellow Knicks fans, just to get some Knicks discussion on the NEW YORK jets message board.

I don&#39;t know if you realize this but New Jersey does not have a football team so alot of your fellow Jets fans are from NJ. It&#39;s pretty silly to say we can only discuss NEW YORK teams just because the Jets are from NY.
    hey man I wasn&#39;t insinuating anything, like I said I was trying to get my fellow Knicks fans excited and pumped up.

Oh yeh, watch Marbury out play that wife beater kid next time they meet. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re calling Jason Kidd a wife beater??? hahaha, a little news for Nicks fans new to Marburys&#39; history. Marbury was basically traded out of NJ because he hit his wife while he was here. Since Marbury hit his wife here in NJ people were mad at him in this area. People of Pheonix were mad at Kidd for hitting his wife there. Doesn&#39;t make a whole lot of sense but it&#39;s kind of like how People of Colorado are mad at Kobe but other states can let it go. No one was mad at Kidd in NJ and no one was mad at Marbury in Pheonix. News flash, that game would be wifebeater vs wifebeater. Nice try though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by persiussa+Feb 7 2004, 11:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (persiussa @ Feb 7 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:26 PM
    Originally posted by -persiussa@Feb 7 2004, 11:19 PM
    If this is a thread to counter my Nets are on fire thread, i was speaking of 1 game.* Not a streak.* I was saying the Nets were on fire in the Orlando game.* Jeez type 1 thing about the Nets and it&#39;s like you commited a sin.* You knick fans are touchy.* The funny thing is that Nets fans don&#39;t even hate the knicks.* I have no ill will towards the knicks and i think Marbury is the man also.* I thought so when he was a net too.* Relax, we both have good competitive teams now.

Oh yeh, watch Marbury out play that wife beater kid next time they meet.
    You&#39;re calling Jason Kidd a wife beater??? hahaha, a little news for Nicks fans new to Marburys&#39; history. Marbury was basically traded out of NJ because he hit his wife while he was here. Since Marbury hit his wife here in NJ people were mad at him in this area. People of Pheonix were mad at Kidd for hitting his wife there. Doesn&#39;t make a whole lot of sense but it&#39;s kind of like how People of Colorado are mad at Kobe but other states can let it go. No one was mad at Kidd in NJ and no one was mad at Marbury in Pheonix. News flash, that game would be wifebeater vs wifebeater. Nice try though. [/b][/quote]
    Its ok you don&#39;t have to get so upset.

I know people get frustrated at times, don&#39;t be mad because Marbury out plays Kidd anytime they match up.

Just wait till Knicks play the NETS and there soft asses.

Its terrifc that the Nets can dunk, but they have no perimeter game like the Knicks do.

Prediction, Knicks win the rest against the NETS, make the 5th seed, knock the NETS out of the playoffs in round 1.

Can&#39;t wait pal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:39 PM

Can&#39;t wait pal.
    don&#39;t make it personal because it&#39;s not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by persiussa+Feb 7 2004, 11:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (persiussa @ Feb 7 2004, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:39 PM

Can&#39;t wait pal.
    don&#39;t make it personal because it&#39;s not. [/b][/quote]
    Listen, I&#39;m just trying to stir up some Basketball rivalry since the football seasons over.

Its going to get boring until the draft, so what else is there to do on this board?

I&#39;m sitting here working a late shift man, I gotta make something excitng.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:39 PM
    Marbury out plays Kidd anytime they match up.

Good for Marbury, but it won&#39;t help the Knicks. Nets went from last to first when they shipped that circus act out. Kidd plays a team game. We had no use for Dike or VanInvisibleMan either. Make the playoffs first. Then we&#39;ll see who&#39;s hot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Feb 8 2004, 12:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumbalayaJet @ Feb 8 2004, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 7 2004, 11:39 PM
    Marbury out plays Kidd anytime they match up.

Good for Marbury, but it won&#39;t help the Knicks. Nets went from last to first when they shipped that circus act out. Kidd plays a team game. We had no use for Dike or VanInvisibleMan either. Make the playoffs first. Then we&#39;ll talk. [/b][/quote]
    Listen Jumba, Marbury has matured big time, and thats evident in his relationship with Van Horn in learning to become friends and Co-exsist.

Marbury has amazing quickness and will slash Kidd when they play.

Marbury has matured not only as a person but as a player, his defensive has dramatically improved, his shooting, and he isn&#39;t selfish now looking to pass first.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    GO KNICKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Starbury and VanInvisibleMan are buddies now? You&#39;re right. Knicks will win the East.