Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Forget the nets, the KNICKS are on fire

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on guys............the weather is just too beautiful out today to argue over who&#39;s team is better........ Aren&#39;t we supposed to pick on the Pats and Phins fans and not on each other......... <_<

United we stand.........divided we fall.............The Jet Family has to stick together no matter what...........now kiss and make up...........

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    how could you guys possibly say that the knicks have a better team than the nets? Van Horn.....pfffffft, one of the best moves the nets did was getting rid of this joker, the guy sucks, the other was getting rid of keyshawn marbury, the knicks have no legitimate shot at making a run this year. The nets on the other hand will go on to battle for there 3rd eastern conference championship in a row against the pacers. 2 Quick questions when was the last time the knicks won the eastern conference??? When was the last time if ever the knicks had 2 players going to an all-star game?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jetskillinem&#39;@Feb 10 2004, 06:42 PM
    how could you guys possibly say that the knicks have a better team than the nets? Van Horn.....pfffffft, one of the best moves the nets did was getting rid of this joker, the guy sucks, the other was getting rid of keyshawn marbury, the knicks have no legitimate shot at making a run this year. The nets on the other hand will go on to battle for there 3rd eastern conference championship in a row against the pacers. 2 Quick questions when was the last time the knicks won the eastern conference??? When was the last time if ever the knicks had 2 players going to an all-star game?
    We EARNED the right to say were the best in the east....we have been for close to 3 full seasons.

You have earned Nothing....Win a playoff game and then run off at the mouth.

Hey...just get into the playoff&#39;s.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 10 2004, 06:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Feb 10 2004, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 06:00 PM
    Why? Because you have Kenyon Martin who always disappears in the playoffs, or Jason Collins who has got to be the worst center in the east, or Richard Jefferson who can dunk but not much else, or Kerry Kittles who is a good scorer but sh*tty defense and my Little Cousin Jackie can box out better then that scrub.

You take away Kidd, the NETS are nothing.

You take away Marbury the Knicks are nothing, but the Knicks have better supporting cast in that they are better scorers and rebounders.

No need to get Jealous, the Knicks have a better chance.
    You have who again?

Stephon Marbury is a Good PG....except fot he fact he forces most of his shots and shoots way too many unnecessary 3&#39;s.

Ask Garnett..ask any fan in NJ or PHX...

Van Horn is the poster boy for "Vanishing in the playoffs".

Penny is a has been who never was.....deal with it.

Houston is about as agressive as a nun in church...plays soft and never steps up in the big games...Then again how Knicks games are big ones :lol:

The rest of your rag tag bunch isn&#39;t even worth mentioning...

No need to get Jealous, the Knicks have a better chance.
    Jealous???....you&#39;re the one who is obvoiusly jealous of the Back-2-Back Eastern Confrence Champs..... [/b][/quote]
    Marbury is a GREAT point guard, who dominates with his speed, penetration, and great passing.

And I was never bragging about Van Horn, with Marbury this season the Knicks are 5-2 when Vanhorn scores under 10 points, meaning the Knicks don&#39;t really need him even with out Houston.

Houston, you can&#39;t take away is a great pure scorer who is arguably the best 3-point shooter in the game. Other than that his D is average.

Kurt Thomas is a better all around player than anyone on the NETS font line including Martin. He can actually shoot the ball 15-20 ft away, Martin needs to within 5ft of the basket or its a BRICK.

The Knicks have alot more size than the NETS do, the Knicks have 2 centers and 1 forward who could start for the NETS and there sorry frontline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it&#39;s all about the JETS,mets,and nets.One shirt with a exchagable 1st letter it just makes life easier.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 07:13 PM
    Marbury is a GREAT point guard, who dominates with his speed, penetration, and great passing.

And I was never bragging about Van Horn, with Marbury this season the Knicks are 5-2 when Vanhorn scores under 10 points, meaning the Knicks don&#39;t really need him even with out Houston.

Houston, you can&#39;t take away is a great pure scorer who is arguably the best 3-point shooter in the game. Other than that his D is average.

Kurt Thomas is a better all around player than anyone on the NETS font line including Martin. He can actually shoot the ball 15-20 ft away, Martin needs to within 5ft of the basket or its a BRICK.

The Knicks have alot more size than the NETS do, the Knicks have 2 centers and 1 forward who could start for the NETS and there sorry frontline.
    Starbury is a horrible passer who often turns the ball over after he gets stopped on the way to the basket.

Van Horn is finding less and less PT. Seems that Lenny finally has him figured out.

Do you think it&#39;s a coincidence that the Knick&#39;s O is running better without Houston around? The guy never passes.

Martin can shoot the 3, but why should he with moves like that? Kurt Thomas would be trade fodder if not for that contract.

Dike not only didn&#39;t start here, but he rusted on the bench until we had to play against two 7 footers. Who exactly would start over KJ and K-Mart? You might be SLIGHTLY taller-the Knicks don&#39;t have great size either-but our frontline is far more athletic.

You better hope for 4th or 5th seed, because it&#39;ll be a short run if you have to face Indy, Detroit or NJ.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 07:13 PM

In case you have just tuned into reality....Starbury was shipped out of every city he has played in....Ill let you figure out why on your own.

Translation...VAn Horn is soft and for most part of the game he just blends into the backround.

If you say so.....Aaron Williams is better than you whole bench.

Like i said before....EARN the right to run your mouth....get into the finals...get into the playoff&#39;s...shoot ill even settle for just beating us head to head.

Till then you words mean sh*t.

TomShane
    Jeez, all this Knick talk....

While the team is obviously 100 times better with Marbury and Penny, just wait until they get into the tough stretches where VanHorn *****es out and our man Steph starts to wave off K. Thomas. They can go downhill quick. BUT let&#39;s not harbor on the negative. Having a bad Knicks team is bad for all of NY, regardless of whether or not you&#39;re a Knick fan.

The Nets need a deal though. One more active big man to raise a ruckus in the paint.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 10 2004, 07:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Feb 10 2004, 07:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 07:13 PM

In case you have just tuned into reality....Starbury was shipped out of every city he has played in....Ill let you figure out why on your own.

Translation...VAn Horn is soft and for most part of the game he just blends into the backround.

If you say so.....Aaron Williams is better than you whole bench.

Like i said before....EARN the right to run your mouth....get into the finals...get into the playoff&#39;s...shoot ill even settle for just beating us head to head.

Till then you words mean sh*t. [/b][/quote]
    Besides the Pacers, the Knicks have arguably the best bench in the east.

Doleac, Hardaway, Anderson, Norris, Williams, and Harrington have all been very good role players, excelling off the bench. Even the rookie Sweeteny in his extremely limited playing time has been very good.

Aaron Williams is a good back-up but gets pushed around way too much.

Marbury is a player who has matured with his shooting, passing, and Behavior big time.

He&#39;s never had a coach like Lenny Wilkens who can teach him how to be a great point guard. Everywhere Wilkens goes he turns mediocre Point Guards into good ones, and Great ones even greater.

Smizzy, the only reason why the Suns got rid of him was to get cap room to make a run at Kobe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 07:52 PM
    Smizzy, the only reason why the Suns got rid of him was to get cap room to make a run at Kobe.
    I have a bridge for sale if you want...real cheap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We played twice this year....what were the results of those 2 contest&#39;s?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 08:01 PM
    Yes the NETS beat the Scott Laydens KNICKS who had no chance in hell to be even 9 games from the 8th seed.

The Knicks have a whole different team now, you being "smart" and all I thought you&#39;d know this.

Jumba, Dike has basically made a come back this year, I swear to god I thought this was the worst move by Layden besides trading away my favorite player(Spre). I thought he was this washed up old center, who&#39;d average 4pts and 4 boards a game.

But he has been a big contributor, he has been a defensive presence, and really has played well against some really good centers in the east & west. Dike has turned out to be a great signing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 10 2004, 08:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 10 2004, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 08:01 PM
    Yes the NETS beat the Scott Laydens KNICKS who had no chance in hell to be even 9 games from the 8th seed.

The Knicks have a whole different team now, you being "smart" and all I thought you&#39;d know this.

Jumba, Dike has basically made a come back this year, I swear to god I thought this was the worst move by Layden besides trading away my favorite player(Spre). I thought he was this washed up old center, who&#39;d average 4pts and 4 boards a game.

But he has been a big contributor, he has been a defensive presence, and really has played well against some really good centers in the east & west. Dike has turned out to be a great signing. [/b][/quote]
    I wish i had a bag full of excuses.

Well we have 2 more games....with your "New" knicks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 10 2004, 08:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Feb 10 2004, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 08:06 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy
    @Feb 10 2004, 08:01 PM

But he has been a big contributor, he has been a defensive presence, and really has played well against some really good centers in the east & west. Dike has turned out to be a great signing.
    I wish i had a bag full of excuses.

Well we have 2 more games....with your "New" knicks. [/b][/quote]
    I CAN&#39;T WAIT until Marbury crosses kidd and makes look like the fool he is........................... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEH

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will that satisfy you when you watch us in the finals again?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 08:14 PM
    BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This isn&#39;t like the past 2 years where the East was there for the taking. Indy and Detroit are alot better defensively and more phyiscal

NJ can&#39;t compete with Detroits and Indys size & physicality, sorry pal, the NETS aren&#39;t physical enough.

And yes the Knicks are.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 10 2004, 08:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 10 2004, 08:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 08:14 PM
    BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This isn&#39;t like the past 2 years where the East was there for the taking. Indy and Detroit are alot better defensively and more phyiscal

NJ can&#39;t compete with Detroits and Indys size & physicality, sorry pal, the NETS aren&#39;t physical enough.

And yes the Knicks are. [/b][/quote]
    The fact that were the back2back EC Champs and we still have the same young "core" players we had and you are running around babbling about that Knicks because they got another NJ rejetct.
    Im suppose to listen to this ?

Like i said come back when you have done any of the following:

1.Take the season series.(Just win one head2head game)

2.Make the playoff&#39;s

3.Get to the Finals.

Till any of the following are done your don&#39;t have a leg to stand on...Face it.

Yeah the nets arent physical enough....enough for what?the finals?to win the east?

Your a fool...your knicks propaganda is not going to work here.....you can babblre all you want but the facts are the knicks dream to be where the nets are and have been.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess noone remembers how the nets basically swept every team in the playoffs last year....

this is one of the funnniest things i&#39;ve read, of course his stats r gonna be better he plays half the game now, instead of maybe 10 mins with the nets. The nets didnt need dike he was a waste.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 10 2004, 06:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 10 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Smizzy@Feb 9 2004, 04:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak
    @Feb 9 2004, 11:33 AM
    :ph34r: Uh Smizzy...the Knicks actually have won an NBA championship and regardless of your recent success, we have also been to more finals.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s talk like that that makes me feel proud to be a New Yorker and not a New Joisier&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;

Your talking about 1972? Yeah feel proud about that...

Anyway my point was the NEXT one of us to win a championship will be the Nets.

Did i make that easy enough for you to understand?
    Why? Because you have Kenyon Martin who always disappears in the playoffs, or Jason Collins who has got to be the worst center in the east, or Richard Jefferson who can dunk but not much else, or Kerry Kittles who is a good scorer but sh*tty defense and my Little Cousin Jackie can box out better then that scrub.

You take away Kidd, the NETS are nothing.

You take away Marbury the Knicks are nothing, but the Knicks have better supporting cast in that they are better scorers and rebounders.

No need to get Jealous, the Knicks have a better chance. [/b][/quote]
    Are you smoking crack?? It&#39;s amazing. I was actually rooting for the Knicks to turn things around because I thought it would be fun to have some local competition in the east, but I have to thank you for reminding me why I have no use for the Knicks and Rangers.... fans like you.

Just a reminder.... you are making this turnaround with a bunch of Nets retreads. Van Horn, Marbury, Mutombo... been there done that.

If you actually watched any Net games and I doubt you do, you would have seen that other than Martin&#39;s bad performances last year in games 5 and 6 of the finals, he has been a MONSTER in the playoffs. Game 4 in 2001-2002 he scored 30+ and 17 rebounds and it was after that game that the REAL culprit of that Nets team came to light..... Keith Van Horn. There&#39;s your guy who disappears in the playoffs.

If you take away Kidd and Marbury, if you wouldn&#39;t trade the rest of the Knicks roster for the Nets roster you aren&#39;t being close to objective and have shown yourself to be a RAH RAH fan instead of one that knows what the hell it is you are talking about.

Here&#39;s a little lesson on the Nets for ya.....
    Richard Jefferson scores 17 a game all on dunks, right?? Real perceptive, you much watch a lot of basketball
    Kittles actually plays decent defense and is one of the most inconsistant shooters from the 2-guard spot in the league.
    Jason Collins is a guy that does the dirty work and while he&#39;s physically limited, I&#39;ll take a guy like that any day.

The Knicks are a playoff team, no doubt about it and starting a little heat between fans of both teams is fine, but don&#39;t be an idiot about it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don&#39;t think he cares much for stats or what happens in the actual games....he likes to watch the games better from the CRAZY couch in his head.

The knicks win all their games up there.