Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Forget the nets, the KNICKS are on fire

Banned
    Originally posted by cdflip78+Feb 10 2004, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cdflip78 @ Feb 10 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 06:00 PM
    Originally posted by -Smizzy@Feb 9 2004, 04:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak
    @Feb 9 2004, 11:33 AM
    :ph34r: Uh Smizzy...the Knicks actually have won an NBA championship and regardless of your recent success, we have also been to more finals.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s talk like that that makes me feel proud to be a New Yorker and not a New Joisier&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;

Your talking about 1972? Yeah feel proud about that...

Anyway my point was the NEXT one of us to win a championship will be the Nets.

Did i make that easy enough for you to understand?

Why? Because you have Kenyon Martin who always disappears in the playoffs, or Jason Collins who has got to be the worst center in the east, or Richard Jefferson who can dunk but not much else, or Kerry Kittles who is a good scorer but sh*tty defense and my Little Cousin Jackie can box out better then that scrub.

You take away Kidd, the NETS are nothing.

You take away Marbury the Knicks are nothing, but the Knicks have better supporting cast in that they are better scorers and rebounders.

No need to get Jealous, the Knicks have a better chance.
    Are you smoking crack?? It&#39;s amazing. I was actually rooting for the Knicks to turn things around because I thought it would be fun to have some local competition in the east, but I have to thank you for reminding me why I have no use for the Knicks and Rangers.... fans like you.

Just a reminder.... you are making this turnaround with a bunch of Nets retreads. Van Horn, Marbury, Mutombo... been there done that.

If you actually watched any Net games and I doubt you do, you would have seen that other than Martin&#39;s bad performances last year in games 5 and 6 of the finals, he has been a MONSTER in the playoffs. Game 4 in 2001-2002 he scored 30+ and 17 rebounds and it was after that game that the REAL culprit of that Nets team came to light..... Keith Van Horn. There&#39;s your guy who disappears in the playoffs.

If you take away Kidd and Marbury, if you wouldn&#39;t trade the rest of the Knicks roster for the Nets roster you aren&#39;t being close to objective and have shown yourself to be a RAH RAH fan instead of one that knows what the hell it is you are talking about.

Here&#39;s a little lesson on the Nets for ya.....
    Richard Jefferson scores 17 a game all on dunks, right?? Real perceptive, you much watch a lot of basketball
    Kittles actually plays decent defense and is one of the most inconsistant shooters from the 2-guard spot in the league.
    Jason Collins is a guy that does the dirty work and while he&#39;s physically limited, I&#39;ll take a guy like that any day.

The Knicks are a playoff team, no doubt about it and starting a little heat between fans of both teams is fine, but don&#39;t be an idiot about it. [/b][/quote]
    Damn man chill out, you&#39;ve just proved to me with your statement that your more of a "rah rah" then I&#39;ll ever be.

The Knicks are better, the NETS are good but not good enough.

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 10:16 PM

Damn man chill out, you&#39;ve just proved to me with your statement that your more of a "rah rah" then I&#39;ll ever be.

[/quote]
    Good response... Dude, whatever, you know nothing about basketball... Be content to be ignorant.

TomShane
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 10 2004, 08:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 10 2004, 08:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 08:14 PM
    Will that satisfy you when you watch us in the finals again?
    BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This isn&#39;t like the past 2 years where the East was there for the taking. Indy and Detroit are alot better defensively and more phyiscal

NJ can&#39;t compete with Detroits and Indys size & physicality, sorry pal, the NETS aren&#39;t physical enough.

And yes the Knicks are. [/b][/quote]
    Did this guy just say that the Nets aren&#39;t physical ?

Did this guy also just say that the Knicks ARE physical?

Dude, go back to watching the WNBA.

Banned
    Originally posted by cdflip78@Feb 10 2004, 10:18 PM

Good response... Dude, whatever, you know nothing about basketball... Be content to be ignorant.
    [/quote]
    Calmdown, I&#39;m only trying to get some heated rivalary discussion on this board since football seasons over. I mean its been boring around here. By the way the Knicks are

1.) The Knicks are the best free throw shooting team in the league, which helps in the playoffs and down the stretch.
    2.) They have alot more fire power then you think.
    3.) They have become a much better defensive team since Wilkens cam, they&#39;ve shedded about 7 points on the points allowed in a game average.
    4.) Marbury is a slashing Point Guard who has developed big time since being in Jersey.
    5.) And finally Jason Kidd is borderline retarded.

Tomshane, yet again proves to be one of the biggest losers I&#39;ve ever come across.
    Get a women, get laid, then get a life, and loosen up you suto-intellectual bastard.

TomShane
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 10:31 PM
    Tomshane, yet again proves to be one of the biggest losers I&#39;ve ever come across.
    Get a women, get laid, then get a life, and loosen up you suto-intellectual bastard.
    It&#39;s "pseudo," you big shwank. :lol:

Banned
    Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 10 2004, 10:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Feb 10 2004, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 10:31 PM
    It&#39;s "pseudo," you big shwank. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    There you go again, wasting your time trying to bust on people.

What a pity, I almost feel bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cdflip78,Feb 10 2004, 10:18 PM

Calmdown, I&#39;m only trying to get some heated rivalary discussion on this board since football seasons over. I mean its been boring around here. By the way the Knicks are
    [/quote]
    Suprise,suprise you have ANOTHER excuse why you cant back up anything you say...

1.) The Knicks are the best free throw shooting team in the league, which helps in the playoffs and down the stretch.
    3.) They have become a much better defensive team since Wilkens cam, they&#39;ve shedded about 7 points on the points allowed in a game average.
    4.) Marbury is a slashing Point Guard who has developed big time since being in Jersey.
    I wont even waste my time with this dribble.....TomShane where is his sausage?

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsD-Mastermind,Feb 10 2004, 10:31 PM

Suprise,suprise you have ANOTHER excuse why you cant back up anything you say...

[/quote]
    Smizzy, buddy, no need to get frustrated.

My whole point has been the Knicks are playing as good as any team in the league right now, and have enough fire power & intangibles to make it very deep in the playoffs,

and also that the NETS suck and the Knicks will kick their asses.

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 10:48 PM

My whole point has been the Knicks are playing as good as any team in the league right now, and have enough fire power & intangibles to make it very deep in the playoffs,

There is no substance to any of your post&#39;s.......its really sad the way you have to "build up" the knicks when you talk about them....Are they so bad that the truth hurts too bad.

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 10 2004, 10:48 PM

There is no substance to any of your post&#39;s.......its really sad the way you have to "build up" the knicks when you talk about them....Are they so bad that the truth hurts too bad. [/b][/quote]
    The NETS run the court better than anybody, but they still suck.

The Knicks are the best ever and Shandon Anderson is the greatest 2-guard in the history of the league.

Also, Mutumbo right now is more dominating then Shaq and Chamberlin in their primes combined&#33;

The key to a knicks Champioship is Michael Doleac

That&#39;s another win for the Nets....

[/quote]
    I LOVE NUMBER 2.... They have more fire power than you think.... What in the blue hell does that mean?? At least attempt to sound like you aren&#39;t 40 years old living in your parents&#39; basement. I also like number 4. Marbury was always this good, he just had no one around him and at least in NJ and Phoenix never made his teammates better. And number 5.... YOU are unequivocally retarded. Listen buddy, i know you are one of these little pipsqueeks that love to stir up arguments and that&#39;s great, there is a place for that in here, but you just aren&#39;t smart enough to pull it off.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsD-Mastermind,Feb 10 2004, 10:31 PM

[/quote]
    Dare we sausage the Jets MasturbatorMind?

Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 10 2004, 11:13 PM
    That&#39;s another win for the Nets....
    Too bad they weren&#39;t physical enough for Detroit.... Williams, Jefferson, and Martin looked sooo intimidated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Aw, you beat me to it, 78. Just wait &#39;til we get that monster Collins back.

Knicks lost....

TomShane give him the sausage..

Brenjetsfan
    At least with the DOG show in town..the KNICKS are not the only ones STINKING UP the GARDEN&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

And the NETS keep on rolling along..10 in a row ,9 for franks & still unbeaten...&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Brenjetsfan
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Feb 12 2004, 09:40 AM
    And the NETS keep on rolling along..10 in a row ,9 for franks & still unbeaten...&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    GO N-E-T-S........