Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the nets, the KNICKS are on fire

Banned
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 8 2004, 12:43 AM
    Starbury and VanInvisibleMan are buddies now? You're right. Knicks will win the East.
    Now your talking sense.

But Jumba I swear to god Marbury and Vanhorn are pals now.

They get along now, I swear to god.

Vanhorn is a good scorer and rebounder but beyond that he is a soft player with no mean streak and no guts.

Just wondering, when they drafted him were you exicted?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 8 2004, 12:43 AM
    You're right. Knicks will win the East.
    Ya know, Mike told me that and I laughed at him........he said the Knicks were going to make the playoffs.......... :lol: :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Actually I was a bit leery of the choice, but hopeful. Eventually I was dissapointed. He can shoot very well, but cannot create his own shot and plays NO D. For a guy that size, you'd expect more rebounds also. When he goes cold he's totally useless. He was glued to the bench in the 4th qtr in his final year here. From what I've seen, Lenny's treating him the same way.

Banned
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 8 2004, 12:56 AM
    Actually I was a bit leery of the choice, but hopeful. Eventually I was dissapointed. He can shoot very well, but cannot create his own shot and plays NO D. For a guy that size, you'd expect more rebounds also. When he goes cold he's totally useless. He was glued to the bench in the 4th qtr in his final year here. From what I've seen, Lenny's treating him the same way.
    I'm just saying look at it this way.

The Knicks bench is better than the NETS, Marbury can handle Kidd, and the Knicks have very good shooters, and the Knicks have some pretty good size.

Just wait, man, watch out, THE KNICKS ARE BACK.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 8 2004, 01:00 AM

Just wait, man, watch out, THE KNICKS ARE BACK.
    From your mouth to God's ears........... :unsure:

The Knicks suck....

The Knicks have always sucked.....

Who can forget John Starks and his inability to pass the ball.......

Who can forget Reggie Miller DOMINATING you every year.....12 pts in 20seconds.....

Who can forget Patrick Ewing and his *Doink* Lay up....

How much did you pay Allen Houston???

Anyway the Knicks are garbage.....Watch how many Knick fans throw in the towel and root for the Nets when we move to Brooklyn.... :lol: :lol:

Have fun watching Marbury GUN his way into a ANOTHER playoff loss....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 8 2004, 01:05 AM
    The Knicks suck....

The Knicks have always sucked.....

:[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

One of those "bad" teams we beat was the Rockets. I believe the Knicks played them recently, too. How'd that turn out? B)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 8 2004, 09:26 AM
    One of those "bad" teams we beat was the Rockets. I believe the Knicks played them recently, too. How'd that turn out? B)
    Not sure........my Knicks were stinking up the Garden so I felt there was no reason for further heartache so I haven't been watching them......

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by jetgirl+Feb 8 2004, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgirl @ Feb 8 2004, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JumbalayaJet@Feb 8 2004, 09:26 AM
    One of those "bad" teams we beat was the Rockets. I believe the Knicks played them recently, too. How&#39;d that turn out? B)
    Not sure........my Knicks were stinking up the Garden so I felt there was no reason for further heartache so I haven&#39;t been watching them...... [/b][/quote]
    Jumba:

The KNICKS did lose to the Rockets by 15 but are improving under new offensive sets developed by Wilkens.

I do think it is time for JETGIRL to jump back on the KNICKS wagon again because they&#39;re looking better and better each game.

The KNICKS do have three games in the next four days before the All Star break against tougher teams, like the Mavericks and the Hornets and that should tell us more about the real make-up of the KNICKS.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: well said Jets d mastermind.

Yesterday I mad e apoint and this Nets fan just blasted me&#33;&#33;&#33;

All I said was that I am a Knicks fan and not a Nets fan and he then went nuts. I told the Yahoo that I grew up in Queens/Manhattan and not in Paramus/Teaneck and as a kid in the 70&#39;s I was groomed by my dad to be a Knicks fan. Maybe I should not have mentioned the fact that when the Nets came into the ABA they were playing in NY. Doctor J was done @ UMass and he went on to the Nets...the fact the the Dr. was from Long Island was a big deal to the league.

Granted the Nets are playing good ball but I have NEVER been a Nets fan....I could care less about what happens to them...even if they come to Brooklyn, I will always be a Knicks fan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by MrSFJFC@Feb 8 2004, 11:57 AM
    I do think it is time for JETGIRL to jump back on the KNICKS wagon again because they&#39;re looking better and better each game.

Jetgirl wears her Knick hat proudly.........

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by jetgirl+Feb 8 2004, 12:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgirl @ Feb 8 2004, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MrSFJFC@Feb 8 2004, 11:57 AM

Jetgirl wears her Knick hat proudly......... [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s good to hear JetGirl.

Saying that the Knicks "suck and have always sucked" is pretty naive, especially coming from somebody that is a Nets fan... The Knicks were a perennial contender in the East for all through the mid 80&#39;s (a year after they drafted Ewing) until Van Gundy left the bench around 2000-01... The Nets have pretty much, as you so distinctly put it, "always sucked" up until the last few seasons... I&#39;m glad to see that the Nets are finally playing some decent ball the last few years.. It&#39;s about damn time... but regardless of this, the bottom line is that they have made the finals two years in a row and have gotten spanked both times... BIG DEAL&#33; The Knicks took the Rockets to 7 in the &#39;94 finals and probably should have won the championship that year, and they made it again with an undermanned team against the Spurs in &#39;99 (I think)... Plus the Knicks have a couple of championships in the 70&#39;s and their fan base is far larger and more loyal than the Nets base... The Knicks are a more successful franchise than the Nets are.. It is basically that simple... The Nets have owned the Knicks the last 2-3 years, but that does not make up for the previous 15-20 years of Nets futility and Knicks dominance.. The Knicks are playing good ball now, and the Nets are playing better recently.. (lets face it, 28-20 is not too impressive coming off a season in which they made the finals and had high expectations)... Let&#39;s all just see how the season pans out.. Right now, the Nets are the better team, but I think the Knicks have a good chance to surpass them if they get healthy (Houston) and continue to gel...

Originally posted by Min81@Feb 8 2004, 07:15 PM
    Saying that the Knicks "suck and have always sucked" is pretty naive, especially coming from somebody that is a Nets fan... The Knicks were a perennial contender in the East for all through the mid 80&#39;s (a year after they drafted Ewing) until Van Gundy left the bench around 2000-01... The Nets have pretty much, as you so distinctly put it, "always sucked" up until the last few seasons... I&#39;m glad to see that the Nets are finally playing some decent ball the last few years.. It&#39;s about damn time... but regardless of this, the bottom line is that they have made the finals two years in a row and have gotten spanked both times... BIG DEAL&#33; The Knicks took the Rockets to 7 in the &#39;94 finals and probably should have won the championship that year, and they made it again with an undermanned team against the Spurs in &#39;99 (I think)... Plus the Knicks have a couple of championships in the 70&#39;s and their fan base is far larger and more loyal than the Nets base... The Knicks are a more successful franchise than the Nets are.. It is basically that simple... The Nets have owned the Knicks the last 2-3 years, but that does not make up for the previous 15-20 years of Nets futility and Knicks dominance.. The Knicks are playing good ball now, and the Nets are playing better recently.. (lets face it, 28-20 is not too impressive coming off a season in which they made the finals and had high expectations)... Let&#39;s all just see how the season pans out.. Right now, the Nets are the better team, but I think the Knicks have a good chance to surpass them if they get healthy (Houston) and continue to gel...
    Saying that the Knicks "suck and have always sucked" is pretty naive, especially coming from somebody that is a Nets fan
    Jets matermind
    Listen, I&#39;m just trying to stir up some Basketball rivalry since the football seasons over.

Its going to get boring until the draft, so what else is there to do on this board?

I&#39;m sitting here working a late shift man, I gotta make something excitng.
    Im just giving it back to them...i know the knicks dont suck...they just choke.

Originally posted by jetgirl@Feb 8 2004, 12:42 AM
    GO KNICKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

GO NEW YORK GO&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    All NET fans, I&#39;d like yo ask you a question.

Were you guys big fans just 4 years ago, or did you come out of the wood work when they made the finals against the lakers.

I was born in the Bronx and was raised a Knicks fan,

Were you guys rabid fans until recently?

This thread is KILLING me, becuase this is like a met fan and a yankee fan argueing over who has the better franchise....and clearly one side wins. (I&#39;m a met fan, and its obvious the yankees have the better franchise...but dont worry...i still hate them)

The Knicks are like the yankees and the nets are like the mets.

While the knicks always have a solid following, the nets only gain a following when they are playing great.

While MSG sells out consistently, the nets arena is lucky to sell 50% of their tickets.

While the Knicks have great historical players, the nets don&#39;t.

oh and....The knicks are a better team this year, and are just getting used to eachother, once they fully click, they&#39;ll be able to kick the s**t out of the nets.

Veteran
    im a diehard nets fan and have been for about a decade now. but in my opinion, i love what isiah thomas is doing for the knicks. if you have looked at the nba standings recently, it is pathetic to see the cumilative records for the eastern conference. for how poorly the knicks have played before isiah, it is sad to see them vying for a playoff spot.

imho, we need more GM&#39;s, HC, Owners in the eastern conference to shake things up like isiah is doing, to even out the disparity between the two conferences. im sick of hearing people say that the nba championship is played in the western conference finals.

as an nba fan, i want to say congrats to the knicks for starting to turn things around. as a nets fan, i say good luck b/c mutumbo and van horn are going to get injured, fatigued and ultimately they will suck when you need them the most.

dave

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 8 2004, 08:13 PM
    All NET fans, I&#39;d like yo ask you a question.

Were you guys big fans just 4 years ago, or did you come out of the wood work when they made the finals against the lakers.

I was born in the Bronx and was raised a Knicks fan,

Were you guys rabid fans until recently?
    No smart ass ive been a Nets fan since 93 when the New Yrok Knicks swept us in the 1st round of the playoffs...

I watched horrible nets teams with Benoit Benjamin and Yina Dare...

Why am i a new jersey nets fan......

Deal with the fact that the NJ Nets have a fan base....we DO EXSIST.