Thread: Marlin fans are pathetic

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Marlins have only sold about 5,000 season tickets this year. Which only shows how pathetic and ridiculous South Florida fans are. Here you have a team that finally ended all the pain caused by the 98 dismantling by winning a world series with a bunch of young guys who were extremely fun to watch.

I went to about 13 Marlin games last year and for the first 10 games they were lucky if they got 5,000 in the stadium. The stadiumwas usually empty, only good for me because I could buy 4 dollar seats and then move down to sit by the dugout. By the last 3 games, all of a sudden all of these so-called "marlin fans" show up to root for them. They made the playoffs and when I went to game 5 of the division series against the Giants, they're were 65,000 there. They win a world series and now everyone will go back to not giving a rat's ass about them anymore.

I'm a huge Tigers fan, but I also pull for the Fish but it is pretty pathetic when my team who has lost 119 games last year can sell more season tix than the fish. If MLB decided to move the fish, I'd be a little mad but it isnt more than south florida deserves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised about that season ticket number. I know that they are not in a real "baseball" stadium, but that total is really bad for a World Series champ.

I guess the referendum for a new stadium coming up is in big time trouble. The interest isn't there. :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's ridiculous. There was a columnist for the Sun Sentinel who was just ripping people to shreds saying how pathetic and disgraceful it was that they only sold that amount of season tickets. He mentioned Anaheim's season ticket sales jumped from about 9,000 to 21,000 following their world series win. hell, even detroit is outselling them.