Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees Suck!

How do you think Curt Schilling is going to like manny leading the league in E's...with all those lefty hitters manny is bound to f*ck up...alot.

Oh but wait your trading him for Pay-Rod :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 10 2004, 11:04 AM
    JG - Like your Jets, someone on that team sold their soul to the devil for that title. It is obvious that collection has not been able to duplicate that success in any endeavour.

Don't think so PK.........but if it makes you feel better to think that then by all means, feel free to think it.........

Hmmmm I believe there was a subway series a couple of years ago........seems as though they did achieve something...........

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 11 2004, 05:28 PM
    Max, We need spring training to get in midseason smack form.

As I said in the Sox suck thread, the offense better produce a 1000 runs because between your softball pitching staff and defense, you will give up 800.
    Keep drinking from the Tim Wakefield well. Then tell me about pitching. He was great last year. But that was last year.

Schilling is old and injury prone. Brown is old and injury prone.

The Yankees win. Boston doesn't. Not sure why this is even up for discussion.

Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 12 2004, 01:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Feb 12 2004, 01:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH@Feb 11 2004, 05:28 PM
    Max, We need spring training to get in midseason smack form.

As I said in the Sox suck thread, the offense better produce a 1000 runs because between your softball pitching staff and defense, you will give up 800.
    Keep drinking from the Tim Wakefield well. Then tell me about pitching. He was great last year. But that was last year.

Schilling is old and injury prone. Brown is old and injury prone.

The Yankees win. Boston doesn&#39;t. Not sure why this is even up for discussion. [/b][/quote]
    If Brown is healthy, you can put 18-22 wins in the bag. Count on it. He&#39;s coming from the Dodgers, where he was lucky if he got 1 run a game support.

Vasquez&#39;s only problem will be how well he pitches with a team that can hit behind him. Check out that Montreal (or wherever they play) offense. Also, check out their pen. Look at what he has with the Yankees. He&#39;s a bulldog, who will take the ball every 5th day, and give you quality innings. He should be good for at least 15-17 wins. Add in Mussina who should give you his 17 wins, and Contrares, who pitched very well when he was used consistently as a starter the last 6 weeks of 2003, and the rotation will be real close to last year&#39;s version.

Add in a better &#39;pen, an improved offense, and 100 wins is in the bag.

Smizzy - Manny&#39;s D is not bad and seeing he asked for the trade, how can he be down trodden when one signed them when they coul dafter the release? BTW Manny is mor elikely to throw the ball into the stands after 2 outs.

Max - If Schilling does not pitch an inning, the Sox front 3 that was part of a rotation that won 95 games is still Pedro, Lowe and Wake. Factor in we do not have the bullpen by disaster working any more, we should win 100 easily.

Mbn - Last year was the first time Brown pitched a full season since 2000. He is 38. At least Roger consistently made 30+ starts every year. Yes, you have a nice starting rotation, but besides Moose, everyone has question marks. Granted, For Vazques they are minimal, but the same things were said of Weaver before he got to NY. It is different being booed by 1000 people in Montreal and 50K in NY when you have a bad start.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 12 2004, 11:21 AM
    Smizzy - Manny&#39;s D is not bad and seeing he asked for the trade, how can he be down trodden when one signed them when they coul dafter the release? BTW Manny is mor elikely to throw the ball into the stands after 2 outs.

Max - If Schilling does not pitch an inning, the Sox front 3 that was part of a rotation that won 95 games is still Pedro, Lowe and Wake. Factor in we do not have the bullpen by disaster working any more, we should win 100 easily.

Mbn - Last year was the first time Brown pitched a full season since 2000. He is 38. At least Roger consistently made 30+ starts every year. Yes, you have a nice starting rotation, but besides Moose, everyone has question marks. Granted, For Vazques they are minimal, but the same things were said of Weaver before he got to NY. It is different being booed by 1000 people in Montreal and 50K in NY when you have a bad start.
    Wakefield has had some bad years. Besides Wakefield doesn&#39;t scare the Yankees. Especially BA BA BOONE.

IT IS HIGH.

IT IS FAR.

IT IS GONE.

GAME OVER.

AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES OVER.

YANKEES WIN.

THEEEEE YANKKEESS WIN.

bwa-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;

DAGGER&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 12 2004, 10:31 PM
    Wakefield has had some bad years. Besides Wakefield doesn&#39;t scare the Yankees. Especially BA BA BOONE.

IT IS HIGH.

IT IS FAR.

IT IS GONE.

GAME OVER.

YANKEES WIN.

THEEEEE YANKKEESS WIN.

Maxie - BA BA BOONE&#39;s knee went PA PA POP.

Plus, Wakfield had pitched 14 innings up until that point. 2 wins, 8 hits, 10Ks and 3 runs against.

Oh the Yankees fear the knuckler and like I said before. He will not be pitching relief anymore.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Feb 12 2004, 08:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Feb 12 2004, 08:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maxman@Feb 12 2004, 10:31 PM

IT IS HIGH.

IT IS FAR.

IT IS GONE.

GAME OVER.

YANKEES WIN.

THEEEEE YANKKEESS WIN.

Plus, Wakfield had pitched 14 innings up until that point. 2 wins, 8 hits, 10Ks and 3 runs against.

Oh the Yankees fear the knuckler and like I said before. He will not be pitching relief anymore. [/b][/quote]
    The ends justify the means.

Kind of like saying he pitched a perfect game for 8 and 2/3. Then he gave up a HR in the 9th with 2 outs and lost 1 to 0.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

The Sox had their chance. They blew it.

Hall Of Fame
    We should definetely get together for a Red Sox v yanks game at either the bronx or Fenway. Going to be a great year for this rivalry&#33;

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 12 2004, 09:07 PM
    We should definetely get together for a Red Sox v yanks game at either the bronx or Fenway. Going to be a great year for this rivalry&#33;
    That sounds great....

All Pro
    I can see it now...Yanks are behind the Red Sox by 6 games in September when Steinbrenner shocks the world by announcing they have signed the clone of Ted Williams to a record contract. Wearing the Yankee pinstripes and stunning Sox fans. Yanks climb back and win the division, knock the Sox out of the playoffs, and win the series as Steinbrenner grows red horns over his head.

The Yankee rotation is very shady this year...aside from maybe Moose and Vasquez, I don&#39;t think you can expect much from Brown anymore. He&#39;s been injured too long and does not have the stuff he used to.

As far as the sox rotation, they honestly have one of the best in the AL, nothing the yanks have compares with Pedro-Curt and Lowe and Wakefield are good pitchers. Burkett&#39;s the only weak link in the rotation, but come playoff time, they are not going to need a #5 starter anyway. Add that to the Sox offense and they look pretty stacked this year.

Maxman
    Mavrik:
    You left out Jose Contrereas of the mix. He looked real good at the end of last year. As a # 4 starter he is strong...real strong.

Plus Kevin Brown is coming off a great year. 2.39 ERA and he made 32 starts. Granted 2001 and 2002 were injury plagued. But tell me that injuries aren&#39;t a concern for Pedro and Schilling as well.
    As a Sox fan I would be concerned with the fact that Pedro was throwing 85 MPH at the end of the season.

I would be shocked if Burkett was the Sox # 5 starter. With the additions to the bullpen they should just use Kim as the 5th starter.

I would be shocked if Burkett was on the Sox roster seeing they let him go. I think he is on the PBA tour now.

Injuries are more a concern for Pedro then Schilling. Schilling&#39;s injury was a line drive off his hand, not the back problems that have plagued Brown. Schilling is an innings horse. He averaged 7 innings a game last year. Not too bad. If Brown is healthy and stays healthy, he will be a nice pick-up.

Pedro has missed a combined 7 starts the last two years. If he approaches his 2000 season where he only started 10 or so games, that will be another thing.

The Sox starting should be Pedro. Schilling, Lowe, Wake and BK Kim.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 14 2004, 02:34 PM
    I would be shocked if Burkett was on the Sox roster seeing they let him go. I think he is on the PBA tour now.

Injuries are more a concern for Pedro then Schilling. Schilling&#39;s injury was a line drive off his hand, not the back problems that have plagued Brown. Schilling is an innings horse. He averaged 7 innings a game last year. Not too bad. If Brown is healthy and stays healthy, he will be a nice pick-up.

Pedro has missed a combined 7 starts the last two years. If he approaches his 2000 season where he only started 10 or so games, that will be another thing.

The Sox starting should be Pedro. Schilling, Lowe, Wake and BK Kim.
    But Pedro pitched injured...how else do you explain the 85 MPH fastball.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey all you Boston Pukes..........looks like the Yanks will have Arod around for the next 10 years.

We beat the Sawx once again to the prize.

Enjoy you cheap-ass owner and Zit boy runing your team.

George closes the deal&#33;&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 12 2004, 08:57 PM

Indeed it did. Too bad now the only PA PA POP we will hear is the sound of a Schilling fastball being blasted over the left field wall by A-Rod. Now the operative term will be BA BA ***** SLAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: