Thread: how to start Iraqi civil war

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110825,00.html]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110825,00.html[/url]

oh yeah this is gonna turn out beautiful for the US. Im sure since they stopped this one leader that ends the risk of Iraqi Civil war <_<

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

hey bit, is this <_< the official sarcasm indicator?

There&#39;s got to be another way, because I hate those stupid yellow things

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Feb 9 2004, 02:44 PM
    [b] hey bit, is this <_< the official sarcasm indicator?

There&#39;s got to be another way, because I hate those stupid yellow things [/b][/quote]
    :) :unsure: :blink: :ph34r: Angry Angry Better watch out :blink: bit, next thing you know shakin will be banning people for using the smiles. <_<

:huh: :o ;) :lol: :D :P B) :rolleyes: <_< :( :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All Pro
    Would you relax? You act like like Shakin is Stalin on this board for christ&#39;s sake.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@Feb 9 2004, 05:20 PM
    [b] Would you relax? You act like like Shakin is Stalin on this board for christ&#39;s sake. [/b][/quote]
    Mavrik, if he thought Shakin was Stalin, his tone would be more respectful.

You know all those liberal ties to communism :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 9 2004, 02:40 PM
    [b]oh yeah this is gonna turn out beautiful for the US. Im sure since they stopped this one leader that ends the risk of Iraqi Civil war <_<[/b][/quote]
    Funny...but if this was written by whom they think all it does is talk about how succesful the American&#39;s have been thus far (contrary to what the liberal media presents) and how demoralized the enemy (well to most of us anyway) feels:

Updated 9:06 PM ET February 9, 2004

- A 17-page document obtained by the United States provides an extraordinary window into the resistance against U.S. forces in Iraq. It outlines a plan for driving American forces from Iraq and issues an appeal to al Qaeda leadership for help in that rebellion.

Senior officials tell ABCNEWS the document was written by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man the United States suspects of planning a number of devastating bombings in Iraq, including the one at the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad.

U.S. officials have been tracking Zarqawi for the last three years. They believe he fled the U.S. bombing of al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan, then moved to Iran and finally Iraq.

Intelligence officials in Britain and France say Zarqawi had a hand in a thwarted plan to use the chemical poison ricin, produced by his followers in northern Iraq.

He is considered by the United States to be a "high value target." Sources tell ABCNEWS that Secretary of State Colin Powell today approved doubling the award for his capture to &#036;10 million.

The document, which was on a CD, was found in the belongings of Hasan Ghul, who was captured on the Iran-Iraq border last month.

Officials believe Ghul, who they describe as an al Qaeda facilitator, was on his way to Afghanistan to deliver the CD to a senior al Qaeda leader whom they identified as Abdullah Khan.

The document is undated, but officials believe it was written a few months ago.

&#39;This Is Suffocation&#39;

The document reads like an annual report. There is little flourish, just a cold assessment of what the writer believes is going well in Iraq and what is not.

It reads: [b]"There is no doubt that our field of movement is shrinking and the grip around the throat of the mujahedeen has begun to tighten. With the spread of the army and police, our future is becoming frightening." [/b]

The writer says he is having a difficult time gathering forces. "Iraq has no mountains in which to seek refuge, or forest in which to hide."

[b]And the writer concedes, "Our enemy is growing stronger day after day, and its intelligence information increases. By God, this is suffocation." [/b]At the same time, the writer talks of success, claiming credit for all of what he calls the "martyrdom operations."

"I have completed 25 of these operations," he says, but adds, [b]"America, however, has no intention of leaving, no matter how many wounded nor how bloody it becomes."[/b]

The only solution, says the writer, is to strike the Shiite Muslims - hitting religious, military and other cadres so that they revolt against the Sunnis, and take the nation to battle.

"It is clearly a plan on the part of outsiders to come in this country and spark civil war, create sectarian violence, and try to expose the fissures in this society," says U.S. Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt.

[url=http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=040209&cat=frontpage&st=frontpagezarqawi_document_040209&src=abc]http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pr..._040209&src=abc[/url]

there is no doubt about American resolve, [b]Come Back[/b]

who thought we were gonna leave Iraq? When have we ever "left" a place once we showed up there? Our miltary bases dot the world. its getting to the point where you can name a country any country and i bet there&#39;s a US military base in or near it.

the real concern is that if the people of Iraq start fighting each other then it will become a huge cluster f--k.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 10 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] there is no doubt about American resolve, [b]Come Back[/b]

who thought we were gonna leave Iraq? When have we ever "left" a place once we showed up there? Our miltary bases dot the world. its getting to the point where you can name a country any country and i bet there&#39;s a US military base in or near it.

the real concern is that if the people of Iraq start fighting each other then it will become a huge cluster f--k. [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t get the idea...what the letter clearly states is they need to start a civil war because America is succeeding in just about every aspect.

"Our enemy is growing stronger every day"

"Our field of movement is shrinking"

yeah why don&#39;t you surf over to foxnews, read about the 3 latest homocide bomber that killed 50+ and wounded 150+ and then come back here and make statements about how well the US is doing in Iraq.