Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Al Sharpton

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0405/barrett.php]Sharpton in bed with GOP[/url]

this article basically says that Sharpton's campaign's sole purpose was to get at and breakdown the non-Kerry candidates ... on behalf of the republicans? Decent read.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 10 2004, 12:03 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0405/barrett.php]Sharpton in bed with GOP[/url]

this article basically says that Sharpton's campaign's sole purpose was to get at and breakdown the non-Kerry candidates ... on behalf of the republicans? Decent read. [/b][/quote]
    ahh....the Gay Gazzette; didn't even know it was still being printed. Weren't they giving it out for free just a few years ago?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    truth is found in the damndest places [b]Come Back[/b]

the fact of the matter is despite the source, the piece makes logical sense. Sharpton is a total scumbag.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that rag still published by Gerald Fitzwilliam and William Fitzgerald?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, I would not dispel this, regardless of the source. I feel there are 2 compelling reason's to believe this.

1) As the Republican Party moves more and more to the left every day--to my dismay, I feel they probably like the fact that an Al Shapton is out there for the right-wing media to ridicule.

It's almost like they are this saying to middle-class, suburban America: "OK, where leaning increasingly to left with every new election. Dont like that? Well, who cares, because the there's no viable 3rd party to defend the U.S workers, protect our constitution and punish lawbreakers--not pardon their lawlessness"....."And, oh yea, don't like us, go the corrupt Democrats, the party of Al Sharpton" :o

2) The GOP seems to be living in some kind of fantasy world, where they believe they can pander to every single group in America and eventually get close to 100% of the vote.....Like the example of George Bush Sr., they run the risk of alienating their core supporters and losing all they have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The very first sentence of this article is hilarious.

The GOP doesn't need any help in portraying Dems as ludicrous. Just listen to Kucinich, Dean or Clark speak....

At least is Kerry is somewhat sane....

Honestly - have you ever met a conspiracy theory you DIDN'T like, Bit?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to summarize:

3 Bush-supporters reply to thread and refuse to read/believe story based purely on source. How surprising. <_<

1 independant replies and says the theory might have merit. Kudos to you Riggo&#33; B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bitonti -

Not a single sentence in that article is supported by any evidence whatsoever. No references, links to supporting research, links to substantiate any quotes or assertions, etc.

It&#39;s just some words sitting out in cyber-space.

It&#39;s a non-story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a theory 5ever. Its speculation. No there are no hard proof but just cause there aren&#39;t doesn&#39;t make it by nature untrue.

Its a theory you don&#39;t have to believe it all i wanted was people&#39;s comments on its possible merit. NOT a diatribe about the quality of the source.

i should have learned my lession by now unless its a link from foxnews no one will even acknowledge it in any way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 10 2004, 01:57 PM
    [b] its a theory 5ever. Its speculation. No there are no hard proof but just cause there aren&#39;t doesn&#39;t make it by nature untrue.

Its a theory you don&#39;t have to believe it all i wanted was people&#39;s comments on its possible merit. NOT a diatribe about the quality of the source.

i should have learned my lession by now unless its a link from foxnews no one will even acknowledge it in any way. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t get sand in your v*gina dude. ;) I know you can&#39;t prove a negative, blah blah blah.

For me, I require a somewhat reliable source before I comment on something. This would be true if Weeb posted some article talking about how Bill Clinton and John Kerry were really mass murderers.

The internet has made this sort of thing a burden. Now every moron with a whim and a keyboard can get something out there and people will attach a weight to it simply by virtue of the fact that it exists. It&#39;s tiresome.

I see just as much "pro Bush" nonsense as I do these sorts of things.

Sharpton really in in cahoots with the GOP establishment?? Sorry - I need more than some unsupported Village Voice article to get me to listen to that "theory."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stone has been on the outs with the GOP since he was forced to leave the Dole campaign when his and his wife&#39;s photo ad in a swinger mag came to light. Since then, he has been a pawn for rich weirdos with poltical joneses like Donald Trump and Tom Golisano. Stone and Trump must go to the same barber, if guys with bizzarre hairpieces get haircuts. He&#39;s an influential Republican in the same way Lydon Larouche is an important Democrat.

The fact that Sharpton was a total criminal before this came to light doens&#39;t seemed to have bothered Democrats. Apparently,being a criminal-a paid FBI informant who was videotaped in a sting operatio discussing a narcotics deal with a Mafia figure- is okay as long as you don&#39;t associate with nominal or former Republican weirdos.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bit.

Men, ask yourself this: Does the Republican party benefit from someone like Al Sharpton running for president as a Democrat?

I think the answer is yes&#33;

Like Hillary Clinton, Al Sharpton is seen as an opponent that can "scare" or at least "get a strong reaction" from the staunch Republicans. Tell Republican&#39;s Hillary is lurking, and checkbooks pop open and money is sent at rapid pace to left-leaning GOP head Ed Gillispie up in Wyoming (or where ever the GOP has it&#39;s base?).

Now Sharpton doesn&#39;t quite scare like Hillary does, in the sense that folks know he&#39;ll never win a real national election. However, his "act" in Democratic debates and on TV talk-shows probably has Republican leaders clapping like seals, knowing he&#39;s linked to Democrats--clown act, sweat-suits, medallions and all the buffoonery.

Now do I believe top GOP brass is in cahoots with Al Shapton? Probably not, but....?

Do I believe low level, rich Republican boosters are handing him cash to keep his up clown act and taint the Democrats?...Yes.

By the way, ever notice how cozy Republican leaning Bill O&#39;Reilly is with Mr. Sharpton? <_<

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Feb 10 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] By the way, ever notice how cozy Republican leaning Bill O&#39;Reilly is with Mr. Sharpton? [/b][/quote]
    Bill O&#39;Reilly leans towards the Republicans? :o

I thought [i]FOX NEWS[/i] was supposed to be "fair and balanced"?

Guess not. <_<