Thread: attn all draftniks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok yall here's the deal...

this is a general announcement and call to JI drafts people and lurkers

in my spare time i have a designed and pre-launched a site

the most central purpose of this site is to turn the whole damn mock draft thread into an interface... sorta like how Sportsline or Yahoo fantasy drafts work.

it is interactive and it is dynamic.

NFL Teams have been pre-progammed in.

Picks will have time limits set by draftOwners (aka Commishes).

The Users (aka GM's) will have one or many teams (as determined by Commish)

and take a certain amount of time to make their picks,

if that time limit elapes then the site moves on

(in some fashion also predetermined by commishes)

the trades and picks will be posted automatically... summaries of mockdrafts will be available for viewing and hopefully stats like "Larry Fitzgerald was the 3.42 AvgOverallPick out of 25 drafts" can be derived

its a solution for all this thread usage and timelimits that no one can adhere to...
    also people like lag and ham don't have to hunt and peck it all together.

there is a rank to the players but no GM pre-ranking of picks quite yet (altho that's coming too).

the catch here is that with all this design and coding i'm tapped out for content. You'll notice the site is barren.

that's where all you wonderful people come in...

with the help of all of you out there i'd like to see the site grow...

all content RE: team needs or Player Pros/Cons is DESPERATELY NEEDED.

to clarify this call to content is not for in depth analysis (altho it certainly can be if you want/need to) its real purpose is to give mockDrafters something to click on when they are waiting for their picks to roll around.

for example I am the denver broncos in this mock draft so i have basic knowledge of their needs:

LB's are FA and their DB's are for crap. somehow Deltha Oneil is a WR now? :blink:
    other WR/TE/OL are getting old but they are stacked at RB.
    Plummer won't be around forever...

as Emeril would say- BAM
    that can be the Denver Bronco's "Needs" section. seriously im putting that up there now.
    it can be replaced if something better comes along...

there are 32 NFL teams and they each need a small teamStar pic
    i have split teams content into 4 catagories. that's 128 sections.

im starting with 250 athletes and while the names, positions, and basic s**t is coded, those profiles need Pro's/Con's, optional (Agility Test times, Bios) there will probably be over 400 total athletes by april 26...

its a huge job and im putting the general call out there. if its semi-coherant ill print it.

there are two ways this can happen. You can email/PM me... or you can try out the Teams Admin... where its an interface sorta like this message board. ill give you a username and password and its off to the races.

if Green Jets & Ham and Jetlag (and other trusted friends i've yet to ask) want to step in as quality control from time to time that'll be at their discression (for example the gators fan that posts DJ Williams was born with female anatomy ) like i said before i got too much else going on making it work then patroling the content.

by the way if you made it this far the site thanks ....

the site is called draftdaddy.com

there's not much there now but the "teams" link should work (draftdaddy.com/teams).

please feel free to check it out.

NOTE that the only teams that will really work are NYJ, ATL and AZ (and i know this).

the others are in various states of creation. (thats another way people can help there is a "team creation" part of the admin)

the tentative schedule is forums on thursday (already purchased it),
    players skeleton pages over the weekend
    and if current rate continues the draftcenter will be ready to roll right about when the mock thread goes to 7 rounds and we are ready to start again.

its all pretty beta version right now... but ill be damned if the s**t ain't startin to work
    (if something doesn't work... do me a favor drop a dime and ill make that ***** work. )

leaving this war and peace post on a personal note:

there are mock drafting service sites out (although more for fantasy drafts than for NFL) and theyre trying to charge people but thats not my deal.
    bull****ting about the draft and the NFL offseason has become a real hobby of mine and i think there are many others out there like me.

this is really my first shot at programming and it is more about solving problems and following through on new years resolutions then it is about taking over the world or making money. If there is money to be made i promise it will go to contributors, DD.com is essentially not-for-profit.

hopefully some of you want to help out either my contributing content or as a test GM in the first draft.

Good luck and Salut!

Bitonti B)

--- specifically the 4 NFL teams sections are

Needs: areas of team need... priorities for improving in the offseason
    Picks: list of draft picks by round
    Front Office: profiles... tendencies
    Cap Outlook: money talks and the other stuff walks.

was considering Free Agents... but that's a whole nother major section ... phase II

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the link got me to the top page, all of the links on your site don't seem to be working yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to get involved...........life after football season is so boring :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Feb 11 2004, 07:52 AM
    While the link got me to the top page, all of the links on your site don't seem to be working yet.
    hasty

there's not much there now but the "teams" link should work (draftdaddy.com/teams).

please feel free to check it out.

NOTE that the only teams that will really work are NYJ, ATL and AZ (and i know this).

the others are in various states of creation. (thats another way people can help there is a "team creation" part of the admin)

--

jonE thats whats up... i'll PM you a username/pword and a link to the admin page asap. B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bit, I know you also from the GG.com board.

I'm you're huckleberry

Count me in.

I grew up as a Bears fan, and still follow them. Any info you need, such as draft/personnel needs, Jerry Angelo's draft style, etc I can supply.....

You can give me a username/password, and I'll go from there....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can give you the needs for the Raiders.

I also can help you out with some of the data needed....

But it has to be in the spare time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    forums have been launched and are available for use at

http://www.draftdaddy.com/forums

B)

*email responses will be sorted out shortly*