Thread: OT: Gun of Bavaria

Tough break (or should I say, SPRAIN) last night!!! What are ya gonna do without Cujo?

Lord Stanley is coming to Philly!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    This has got to be the weirdest hockey season on record for Wings goalies. Pretty soon Terry Sawchuck will be brought back from the dead and placed in net. The Wings will be fine, they have a very capable backup in Manny Lagace, a guy who could probably be a #1 goalie somewhere else. CuJo shouldn't be out that long and if the Wings clamp down on defense, hey'll be fine. It shoudn't prevent me from attending the Stanley Cup parade in Detroit this June .

If I'm p.o.'d about anything it's the fact that someone didn't didn't destroy the Shark player for taking our goalie out. You take the goalie out in that fashion, you deserve to get some bloddy chiclets.

As for Hasek, I hope he didn't let the door hit him in the ass. He came back, threw a wrench into everything and left it in shambles. I'm sure he's off to the Czech Republic to cross check someone in the face during an in-line game again.

Sorry Philly..........The Wings are bringing home #11 this year.

you are both high.......although I would love to say the Isles will win, I am realistic. The Avs will trounce both the Wings and the Flyers....sorry Philly no championship again....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 12 2004, 10:40 AM
    CuJo shouldn't be out that long and if the Wings clamp down on defense, hey'll be fine. It shoudn't prevent me from attending the Stanley Cup parade in Detroit this June .

If thats the case, don't riot at the parade like some fans we know do...lol

TomShane
    Are they still playing that hockey thing?

Who knew?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by jetfan13+Feb 12 2004, 10:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetfan13 @ Feb 12 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 12 2004, 10:40 AM
    CuJo shouldn&#39;t be out that long and if the Wings clamp down on defense, hey&#39;ll be fine. It shoudn&#39;t prevent me from attending the Stanley Cup parade in Detroit this June .

If thats the case, don&#39;t riot at the parade like some fans we know do...lol [/b][/quote]
    We&#39;ll keep it under control.........

Red Wings will light the Avs up.

All Pro
    fianlly got to see my Rangers beat the devils&#33;&#33;&#33; had a blast behind the Ranger becnh and at the Winners Club before hand in the arena - good times&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by djaparz@Feb 12 2004, 01:52 PM
    fianlly got to see my Rangers beat the devils&#33;&#33;&#33; had a blast behind the Ranger becnh and at the Winners Club before hand in the arena - good times&#33;&#33;&#33;
    2 biggies coming up with the Flyers next. Need at least 3 points in these 2 games.

All Pro
    Originally posted by mbn007+Feb 12 2004, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Feb 12 2004, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djaparz@Feb 12 2004, 01:52 PM
    2 biggies coming up with the Flyers next. Need at least 3 points in these 2 games. [/b][/quote]
    i don;t know if the devils were flat or that th rangers were on theor game last night - we took 3 dumb penalties early - but it seemed that the shots we were taking were hitting the net

the only problem i had was Messier & Jagr 2 on 1 breeak and Messier passes instead of shooting - Messier needs to hit the net on that shot

All Pro
    Originally posted by mbn007+Feb 12 2004, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Feb 12 2004, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djaparz@Feb 12 2004, 01:52 PM
    2 biggies coming up with the Flyers next. Need at least 3 points in these 2 games. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m going to the game tonight.....Rangers vs Flyers......

Originally posted by djaparz+Feb 12 2004, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djaparz @ Feb 12 2004, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -mbn007@Feb 12 2004, 01:54 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--djaparz
    @Feb 12 2004, 01:52 PM

2 biggies coming up with the Flyers next. Need at least 3 points in these 2 games.
    i don;t know if the devils were flat or that th rangers were on theor game last night - we took 3 dumb penalties early - but it seemed that the shots we were taking were hitting the net

the only problem i had was Messier & Jagr 2 on 1 breeak and Messier passes instead of shooting - Messier needs to hit the net on that shot [/b][/quote]
    I remember that one. The TV angle made it seem like Jagr had a clear lane on net. Perhaps Messier thought so also.

I was real worried early when Dunham was holding ever shot for a faceoff, instead of trying to clear the puck to the sideboards. I thought he was parinoid, but it worked out well, especially in the 3rd, when it seemed that the Devils had every shot. They actually did, as teh Rangers only had 2, I believe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Don&#39;t you Philly and Wings fans ever learn? Isn&#39;t it around this time of year that Lou rents a Gilmour or a Niewendyk? So he&#39;ll need to find another Arnott this time as well. A great GM will get it done. Defending Stanley Cup Champs, folks.

All Pro
    i was right behind the becnh 8th row so i saw teh break - Jagr had a clean angle BUT so did Messier - if it were 4 years ago he would have doen his famous leg kick wrister and knock it home -

I just think it oculd have been a momentum shft because after Jagr muffed the pass the Devils came back to score - good thing it was just a one goal swing and thats it -

Originally posted by djaparz@Feb 12 2004, 01:07 PM
    i was right behind the becnh 8th row so i saw teh break - Jagr had a clean angle BUT so did Messier - if it were 4 years ago he would have doen his famous leg kick wrister and knock it home -

I just think it oculd have been a momentum shft because after Jagr muffed the pass the Devils came back to score - good thing it was just a one goal swing and thats it -
    Young Wischusen: Stop living in the past. I hope you enjoyed it--cause you ain&#39;t never gonna see a Cup on Broadway AGAIN.

All Pro
    honestly sweety i am more than happy with the 94 cup it was unreal to live through that & ofcourse my Yankees have filled my years with championships - I only live for the day that i see the Green & White win it all&#33;&#33;&#33;

Then i can Die In Peace&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 12 2004, 02:06 PM
    Don&#39;t you Philly and Wings fans ever learn? Isn&#39;t it around this time of year that Lou rents a Gilmour or a Niewendyk? So he&#39;ll need to find another Arnott this time as well. A great GM will get it done. Defending Stanley Cup Champs, folks.
    Just what the NHL doesn&#39;t need, another Stanley Cup series featuring the Neutral Zone Trap. zzzzzzzzz

Word around the campfire is that the Wings are close to signing Robert Lang out of Washington.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 12 2004, 01:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 12 2004, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JumbalayaJet@Feb 12 2004, 02:06 PM
    Just what the NHL doesn&#39;t need, another Stanley Cup series featuring the Neutral Zone Trap. zzzzzzzzz

Word around the campfire is that the Wings are close to signing Robert Lang out of Washington. [/b][/quote]
    Finally, gotta agree with you, Gun. Devs play the most boring hockey in the League.

p.s.: Wanna join me and my Bob Clarke on Broad Street for the parade?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 12 2004, 02:30 PM
    p.s.: Wanna join me and my Bob Clarke on Broad Street for the parade?
    They have Parades for 2nd place?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It&#39;s getting tired crying about the trap 3 coaches later. This guy was COY a couple other places, no? You might not have noticed, but we were among the league leaders in pts 2 yrs ago. That one got away in the last game, though. Defense wins and you better pray Scotty stays dizzy. That and the refs keep sending us to the box. Otherwise you have NO CHANCE.