Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gang Green Girl

Hall Of Fame

All League
    C'mon Guns, a little compassion, huh?

Whats next, you gonna drag out the pic of Lindros sprawled out on the ice?

I'm a little worried about Primeau, saw he got blasted, but they say its leg injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Stewdawg@Feb 13 2004, 01:18 AM
    C'mon Guns, a little compassion, huh?

Whats next, you gonna drag out the pic of Lindros sprawled out on the ice?

I'm a little worried about Primeau, saw he got blasted, but they say its leg injury.

All Pro
    For your viewing pleasure.....

http://www.canoe.ca/CHealthImages01-2/lindros.jpg

Burke was flat out awesome last night. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come; with 2 centers down, suddenly that Comrie trade doesn't seem so convenient. Primeau and JR are both warriors, so I'd expect them back sooner than later.

I gotta give props to the Rangers fans for their standing ovation last night when they carried Roenick off the ice. Classy move.

No props to Holik, who is not only an overpaid whiny *****, but took a blatant cheap shot on that Primeau hit. I hope we're dressing Brashear for the rematch this Saturday.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 13 2004, 08:52 AM
    No props to Holik, who is not only an overpaid whiny *****,
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't have set it better.

NOBODY...........NOOOOOOOOBODY wants to play my Islanders come playoff time.....especially the "beaten to a pulp" Flyers.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Feb 13 2004, 12:39 PM
    NOBODY...........NOOOOOOOOBODY wants to play my Islanders come playoff time.....especially the "beaten to a pulp" Flyers.
    Is this the year DiPietro lives up to his billing?

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 12 2004, 11:57 PM
    Gun: You mean b*stard!!! You should be ashamed of yourself.

After yesterday, serves me right. I ain't talkin' for the rest of the season.

All League
    Brashear is on IR, he aint playing...

All League
    Brashear WAS on IR, supposed to be out indefinately with knee injury, but there he was getting regular shift.

Does Steve Levy love fights in hockey or what? How many times did he make referrence to it during Flyer/Ranger game?

Hall Of Fame
    How was the Flyers - Rangers game? I missed it god damn it because I was at work.

Did it live up to expectations?

All League
    Good game if you like the Flyers..

They took a few runs at Holik, but nothing materailized. A couple of fights with 1:04 left in game, Patrick Sharp (2 goals) dropped the gloves and Danny Markov and Langenbrunner, nothing major.

Brashear took a stick from Purinton in the cheek and needed some first aid, but returned.

Sorry about your game, Guns. The L.A. ABC feed on my dish had it, and if I hadn't had the NYC feed as well, every other ABC affiliate switched to Wings-Avs once the Flyers game got uuuuuuugly.

But frankly the ugly 3rd period was the best part! Haven't seen ridiculous hockey like that from these two teams in far too long. Several fights, and two big 10 player scrums, one of which came off that total reject Dale Purinton jumping into an already ongoing fight between Barnaby and Brashear. Ended up with 3 more good fights before the buzzer finally ended the 3rd, though Holik didn't do anything even when provoked mercilessly -- give him credit for consistency if nothing else.

Schedule is nasty for the Flyers the next month ... 2 against Ottawa, 2 against New Jersey, 2 against Boston, and outings with Dallas and Detroit. If they are really coming together with the revamped D and goalie situation, they got a lot to prove the rest of the month.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 16 2004, 11:50 AM
    Sorry about your game, Guns. The L.A. ABC feed on my dish had it, and if I hadn't had the NYC feed as well, every other ABC affiliate switched to Wings-Avs once the Flyers game got uuuuuuugly.

But frankly the ugly 3rd period was the best part! Haven't seen ridiculous hockey like that from these two teams in far too long. Several fights, and two big 10 player scrums, one of which came off that total reject Dale Purinton jumping into an already ongoing fight between Barnaby and Brashear. Ended up with 3 more good fights before the buzzer finally ended the 3rd, though Holik didn't do anything even when provoked mercilessly -- give him credit for consistency if nothing else.

Schedule is nasty for the Flyers the next month ... 2 against Ottawa, 2 against New Jersey, 2 against Boston, and outings with Dallas and Detroit. If they are really coming together with the revamped D and goalie situation, they got a lot to prove the rest of the month.
    Man sounds like a great game.

Flyers are definitely putting it together.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 16 2004, 10:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 16 2004, 10:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Set Junta@Feb 16 2004, 11:50 AM
    Sorry about your game, Guns. The L.A. ABC feed on my dish had it, and if I hadn&#39;t had the NYC feed as well, every other ABC affiliate switched to Wings-Avs once the Flyers game got uuuuuuugly.

But frankly the ugly 3rd period was the best part&#33; Haven&#39;t seen ridiculous hockey like that from these two teams in far too long. Several fights, and two big 10 player scrums, one of which came off that total reject Dale Purinton jumping into an already ongoing fight between Barnaby and Brashear. Ended up with 3 more good fights before the buzzer finally ended the 3rd, though Holik didn&#39;t do anything even when provoked mercilessly -- give him credit for consistency if nothing else.

Man sounds like a great game.

Flyers are definitely putting it together. [/b][/quote]
    We played a real clunker last night&#33;&#33;

TomShane

Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 17 2004, 09:33 PM
    One of the best sports movies of all time&#33;&#33; Gotta love the Hanson bros&#33;&#33;&#33;

F&#39;ers played TWO clunkers in a row now. Just when it&#39;s getting time to show our stuff before the playoffs&#33;&#33;&#33; Aaarrrgghhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Feb 18 2004, 09:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Feb 18 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Feb 17 2004, 09:33 PM
    One of the best sports movies of all time&#33;&#33; Gotta love the Hanson bros&#33;&#33;&#33;

F&#39;ers played TWO clunkers in a row now. Just when it&#39;s getting time to show our stuff before the playoffs&#33;&#33;&#33; Aaarrrgghhhh&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You should pray, GGG, that you dont have to play the ISLANDERS first round...were hot, with a hot goalie right now. We are without Parrish and Yashin, too&#33; Parrish just might explode on the same line as Ronning when he gets back......God, I love playoff hockey....it cant start soon enough...I hope the ISLANDERS take it into MAY/JUNE...and then....BAM..July mini-camp and I&#39;m thinking football until SEPT.

Originally posted by Shadetree+Feb 18 2004, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ Feb 18 2004, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@Feb 18 2004, 09:22 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane
    @Feb 17 2004, 09:33 PM

F&#39;ers played TWO clunkers in a row now. Just when it&#39;s getting time to show our stuff before the playoffs&#33;&#33;&#33; Aaarrrgghhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;
    You should pray, GGG, that you dont have to play the ISLANDERS first round...were hot, with a hot goalie right now. We are without Parrish and Yashin, too&#33; Parrish just might explode on the same line as Ronning when he gets back......God, I love playoff hockey....it cant start soon enough...I hope the ISLANDERS take it into MAY/JUNE...and then....BAM..July mini-camp and I&#39;m thinking football until SEPT. [/b][/quote]
    Shade: If the F&#39;ers don&#39;t win it, I want your Icelanders. I&#39;m a huge Trent Hunter fan&#33; DiPietro is lookin&#39; mighty sharp. It&#39;s all about getting hot in time for the playoffs.

The whole F&#39;ers team looks aweful right now. No word yet this morning about Gagne or Fedoruk&#33;&#33;&#33; Another game, another 2 guys go down. It&#39;s unbelievable&#33;&#33;&#33; Same sh*t every year--it&#39;s gettin&#39; mighty old and I&#39;m tired of making the same old excuses.