Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: GGG (flyers)

Brenjetsfan
    missed you in the CITY again.... hope that guy that had his FACE OFF by that puck is ok....looks like they MAY have a shot :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY sad today. We got no shot if my two boys, J.R. and Keith are out. We'll know more on my Keith today...he got rocked (effing Bobby Holik--what do you expect from an ex-Devil)!!! And, my poor J.R.--he didn't get a broken jaw....it's SHATTERED. Yikes--out for at least a month and it'll require surgery.

A depressing day for me. Yesterday, I was dreaming of Lord Stanley--today.....NOT SO MUCH.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR was able to speak from the hospital, so it's a good sign. He'll definitely be getting surgery though, and even when he comes back (and he WILL by the end of March at the latest) he might need to be less physical.

I'm not so worried about Primeau, except in that his entire game IS being physical -- so any lingering leg or concussion aftereffects will negate his play if he comes back too soon.

This sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 13 2004, 07:58 AM
    JR was able to speak from the hospital, so it's a good sign. He'll definitely be getting surgery though, and even when he comes back (and he WILL by the end of March at the latest) he might need to be less physical.

I'm not so worried about Primeau, except in that his entire game IS being physical -- so any lingering leg or concussion aftereffects will negate his play if he comes back too soon.

This sucks.
    The eight games that my Keith missed this season all ended in losses. But, I think he just got hit hard and was seein' some stars....don't think it was anything serious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though a loyal Ranger fan here-
    Never like to see anyone seriously injured-eeven a hated Flyer here is hoping that Roenick can make it back as soon as possible from shattered jaw.
    Like to see well played games even if Rangers do lose which this game was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big fan of JR and it was nice to see the Rangers fan have some class...but in the end none of this will matter as the Devils rule this area....

Brenjetsfan
    A win against the New York Rangers came at a steep price for the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers lost star center Jeremy Roenick with a broken jaw, and center Keith Primeau also had to leave moments later in the third period after a hard check by Bobby Holik.

The injuries overshadowed Sean Burke's return to the Philadelphia net. Burke, acquired from Phoenix on Monday for his second stint as a member of the Flyers, made 26 saves in the 2-1 win.

"Jeremy got hit point-blank with a puck on the left jaw, sustained a very bad fracture of the left jaw ... he was out pretty much for three or four minutes," said Dr. Andrew Feldman, the Rangers' physician. "The jaw is a problem and I'm sure he's going to need surgery on that."

Roenick was hit flush on the face by Rangers defenseman Boris Mironov's shot.

"I was on the ice and it was a bang-bang play," Tony Amonte said. "I don't think he had a chance to see it before it hit him."

Not long after Roenick left, Primeau "got his bell rung," according to Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock.

The Rangers didn't escape unscathed: Jaromir Jagr injured his groin.

Elsewhere, it was Tampa Bay 5, Montreal 3; Ottawa 3, Boston 2 in overtime; Colorado 4, St. Louis 0; Carolina 3, Washington 3; Florida 5, Pittsburgh 1; and Toronto 4, Columbus 1.

Burke was obtained to fill the hole created when Jeff Hackett retired because of vertigo and Robert Esche was sidelined by a knee injury. Burke also was with the Flyers late in the 1997-98 season.

"I was a little bit nervous at the start, because I had a couple of days to think about it," Burke said. "I made a couple of saves in the first period, but I left a couple of rebounds out there."

Sami Kapanen got the winning goal after Roenick and Primeau went down.

"To take those two devastating blows and to be able to come back and compete is a great sign," Hitchcock said.

Lightning 5, Canadiens 3

At Tampa, Vincent Lecavalier scored the winner with 5:04 remaining. Lecavalier, who also had two assists, redirected Darryl Sydor's shot past Jose Theodore.

Martin St. Louis and Brad Richards each scored twice for the Lightning.

Saku Koivu had a goal and two assists for the Canadiens.

Senators 3, Bruins 2, OT

At Ottawa, Martin Havlat's second goal of the night 1:23 into overtime won it. The Senators have two straight wins after a season-high three-game losing streak.

Boston defenseman Jiri Slegr scored with 40.4 seconds remaining in regulation and the Bruins salvaged a point despite ending a season-high six-game winning streak.

Avalanche 4, Blues 0

At St. Louis, David Aebischer stopped 29 shots for his fourth shutout and the Avalanche extended their points streak to 11 games.

Alex Tanguay and Peter Forsberg each had a goal and an assist for Colorado, 6-0-3-2 in the last 11 games. The Avalanche have at least one point in 23 of their last 24 road games, including 14 in a row _ the NHL's best run since the 1977-78 Montreal Canadiens recorded a point in 24 of 25 road games.

St. Louis is 1-9-1 in its last 11 games and has been shut out five times this season _ three in the last 10 games.

Hurricanes 3, Capitals 3

At Raleigh, Pavel Brendl tied it late in the third period for Carolina. Marty Murray and Sean Hill each scored for the Hurricanes, 0-5-2 in their last seven home games.

Jeff Halpern had a goal and an assist for the Capitals, who had won the previous four meetings this season. Olaf Kolzig had 38 saves.

Panthers 5, Penguins 1

At Sunrise, Fla., Niklas Hagman ended a 30-game drought with two goals, and Florida extended Pittsburgh's franchise-record losing streak to 13 games.

Darcy Hordichuk, Olli Jokinen and Valeri Bure also scored for the Panthers, who have won three in a row for the first time this season. The victory was Florida's eighth straight against Pittsburgh.

Ryan Malone scored a short-handed goal for the Penguins, who haven't won since Jan. 12.

Maple Leafs 4, Blue Jackets 1

At Toronto, Gary Roberts and Darcy Tucker scored power-play goals, and Ed Belfour made 18 saves in his first start in almost two weeks. Belfour missed three games with a back injury.

Tie Domi and Mikael Renberg also scored for the Maple Leafs, who have won seven of their last 10.

The Blue Jackets have the worst road record in the NHL (3-17-4-2).
    don't think this will cheer you up GGG, but just think 71 days till the DRAFT PARTY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR won't come back for at least a month and it'll take him some time to get back into shape. A costly win last night.

Can't wait, Bren, for Draft Day. Can't come soon enough. After last night, I'm too Angry to talk hockey.....but can't wait for My Terry to surprise all the naysayers here with some blockbuster acquisitions!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 13 2004, 10:15 AM
    JR won't come back for at least a month and it'll take him some time to get back into shape. A costly win last night.

Can't wait, Bren, for Draft Day. Can't come soon enough. After last night, I'm too Angry to talk hockey.....but can't wait for My Terry to surprise all the naysayers here with some blockbuster acquisitions!!!!
    Triple G, no matter what Terry does or doesn't do, it's never good enough for some of our Monday morning QB's. Some of us know better and Draft Day is going to be a blast, as usual.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone let me know when these two teams play again. It's going to be a brawl filled game and I can't wait to watch it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 13 2004, 11:25 AM
    Someone let me know when these two teams play again. It's going to be a brawl filled game and I can't wait to watch it.
    My F'ers play the Blueshirts tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM. Happy Valentine's Day Holik...you're goin' down!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 13 2004, 01:02 PM
    Happy Valentine's Day Holik...you're goin' down!!!!!
    :lol: :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wouldnt be surprised to see Feduruk looking for Holik about 3:05 on ABC