Thread: AROD To The Yankees

Maxman
    Just read an article on ESPN.com that says the Yankees are trying to acquire AROD. The deal would be AROD for Contrereas, Soriano and a minor league catcher. The Rangers would pick up some of AROD's salary.

It also said that AROD would move to 3B. They say this article was report in Newsday today.

Personally I think this is a bad move for the Yankees, it is overkill. But it would be funny as hell to hear the Boston fans spin on this.

I think it sucks.

There are only two teams that have to spend money. The Sox and Yanks. All these other big markets teams have the luxury of playing with smaller market teams and thus do not have to spend much money.

If they do get A-Rod, I imagine Jeter's or Gimabi's days are numbered.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 14 2004, 02:39 PM
    I think it sucks.

There are only two teams that have to spend money. The Sox and Yanks. All these other big markets teams have the luxury of playing with smaller market teams and thus do not have to spend much money.

If they do get A-Rod, I imagine Jeter's or Gimabi's days are numbered.
    Jeter and Giambi are both untradeable. They make too much cake.

AROD to the Yankees would not be good for the game. I am not rooting for it, believe me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 14 2004, 03:24 PM

AROD to the Yankees would not be good for the game. I am not rooting for it, believe me.
    I am.

Screw the Sux!! :lol: :lol:

Baseball in General SUCKS.....used to love the game but cant stand it now...

Go Padres.....

Maxman
    Just want to point out that even though there are 100 AROD threads right now, I started the first one.

Also:

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!