Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A-Rod trade to the Yankees

Just thought you would all like to see the updated signature line.

BTW: Click on the history for the link...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

RS

You kill me.

You just about had ARod, Ordonez in Beantown.....but that was all good.

The Yanks make the "same" deal....and that's what is wrong with baseball.

Take it, and smile!! :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Bleed Green@Feb 15 2004, 01:37 AM
    Just thought you would all like to see the updated signature line.

BTW: Click on the history for the link...
    And it just keeps going on and on and on and on and on........... :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: you know whats funny? The Yankees have apparently traded for an excellent player and I listen to the talk radio and the people that hate the Yankees are harping about how bad our pitching is!!! It looks like we are about to get A Rod and they are talking like we are goona be at the bottom of the division because of pitching!!!! unreal.

How do the friggin chowds feel now???? A couple months ago when it seemed like they were going to get A Rod, it seemed (to the media) that the Red Sox finally caught the Yankees.............WRONG!!!!! !

Listen Chowds/Red Sox Fans

Even if you get to the ALCS it means squat if you do not win the world series...as a Yankees fan I am pissed that we have not won it in three years...as a friggin chowd u are pissed since you have not won it in over 70 years!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !! :lol:

The Yankees win!
    The Yankees win!!
    Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Feb 14 2004, 06:39 PM
    JonE, I never guaranteed anything.... I said I thought that the deal wasn't completely dead.

In regards to this: as a baseball fan, as a red sox fan, this makes me sick to my stomach. That the Yankees can respond to Boones injury by going out and acquiring the best position player in baseball to play out of position sickens and disgusts me.

Money, money, and more money. It hurts as a Red Sox fan to watch my team go into the offseason and make just about all the right moves, not biting on bad deals (the absurd A-Rod for Manny+ a lot of $$$&#036, signing one of the best closers out there, trading for a Cy-Young caliber pitcher, resigning Trot Nixon, getting Burks for bench offense.....

And the Yankees manage to stay a step ahead by acquiring players who other teams can't afford (A-Rod, Vasquez, Brown.... I'm not talking free agents, I'm talking guys under contract).

It's like running uphill... It's a Sysiphian task. And it's not fair, it's not right. You can say that it's not about fairness, but the NFL has gone to the trouble of ensuring fairness and is better off for it. It is a shame and a disgrace.

And the asinine thing is that the same people who obviously understand that if the Patriots cap number was 75% greater than anyone else in the league, it would be unfair, anti-competitive, and a travesty for the sport, these same people revel and take joy in the de facto cap in baseball thats different for each team. They argue that the Marlins and Angels win..... again to compare to football, if I give the Pats a bigger cap than everyone else, they won't win every year, but they'll have a competitive advantage.

Obviously the Sox benfit from this too, being one of the upper tier teams, but they are still so far below the Yankees that there is a competitive imbalance between the two teams. As a Sox fan I'm honest enough to say that there should be a cap in baseball, one most or all teams can meet, even if that means it's harder for the Sox and easier for the Tigers.

Most Yankees fans however remain gleeful frontrunners and bandwagoners who enjoy their bully status and dissemble whenever confronted with the inequities of the situation.

This deal, even the idea of it, let alone if it should actually happen, makes me sick at heart, and makes me question why I am a baseball fan. It is a shameful, shabby, sorry deal. It is a sad day for baseball when the Yankees go out and acquire A-Rod to play thrid base just because they can.

Anyone who would compare this to the proposed Red Sox deal is off their rocker. I won't get into it now, but it's apples and oranges.

Pretty much the only saving grace is that they'd be playing Jeter at short and A-Rod at third, which is like having Jim Rice play centerfield so that Willie Mays can DH. In a way though that's waht makes this even more disgusting and disappointing. The Yankees are acquiring A-Rod not because they need him, but just because they can.

If this trade goes through it will be a sad, sad, sad day for a sport that I love.

More than ever I believe that the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry has a moral element to it.

It's the beaten, abused kid from the wrong side of the tracks against the arrogant, daddys boy prep school kid. It's the underdog against the favorite. It's a city of loyal, faithful fans who have endured countless heartbreaks against the most arrogant, condescending, self-absorbed fan base in baseball.

It's a damn shame.

That's what I have to say on it.
    Dude, no offense, but you have your head up your ****ing a$$!!!

Your post reeks of self-pity, delusion, self-absorbtion & a lot fo pain.

I can feel your your pain and frankly i am enjoying it!