Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Rod trade to the Yankees

Just read this on newsday.com.

Here's the link
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-arod0214,...-span-headlines

Here's the article :

The Yankees and Rangers have an agreement in principle on a monster trade that will send superstar shortstop Alex Rodriguez to New York in exchange for Alfonso Soriano, Newsday has learned.

No announcement is expected today, as a couple very minor technical details are still to be worked out. However, all sides remain confident everything will be finalized within a few days, a source said.

The Yankees are expected to send a minor-league pitcher along with Soriano to Texas to complete the deal.

The impetus for the deal was Rodriguez's surprising willingness to agree to play third base. Once Rodriguez signaled to the Yankees that he'd be willing to play third for them and defer the coveted shortstop position to Derek Jeter, a longtime friend, the talks moved very quickly.

The Yankees recently lost their starting third baseman Aaron Boone to a knee injury suffered in a pickup basketball game a month ago and have been seeking a viable replacement.

The blockbuster deal that puts Rodriguez, perhaps baseball's best all-around player, in New York, is a major blow to the rival Boston Red Sox, who spent many weeks chasing and courting Rodriguez. However, Boston's deal with Texas and A-Rod broke down when the Red Sox demanded that A-Rod and Texas both pay handsomely to offset the Rodriguez contract.

The Yankees have never let money stand in their way, and the acquisition of Rodriguez will push their payroll past $200 million. However, it is thought the Rangers have agreed to pay the Yankees some money to mitigate the drastic difference in the contracts. Rodriguez has $189 million and seven years remaining on his record $252-million deal, while Soriano is a tremendous bargain at $5.4 million this season. Soriano is ineligible for free agency until after the 2006 season.

It is believed Rodriguez also has agreed to alter the deferrals in his contract to get the deal done. It is not known how much money Rodriguez has agreed to defer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow :blink:

I was just going to tell you this topic was already started twice already until I realized yours is saying it is just about a done deal?? :blink:

If this is true and A-Rod ends up a Yankee then it will be one enormous ***** SLAP to the Red Sox and their fans. I love it!!!! :lol:

WOW....all i can say is WOW...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Boozer76@Feb 14 2004, 04:27 PM
    one enormous ***** SLAP to the Red Sox and their fans. I love it!!!! :lol:
    [B]1918 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    F*cking hate the Yankees.

The METS had a huge chance to sign A-Rod 3 years back, they didn't do it. Those jerks.

hey at least the METS got Mike Cameron(woo-hoo <_< )

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bwaahahahahhahahhahaahhahhahahahahahahahahha
    Bwahahahhhahhahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahaha

Oh happy day, oh happy day&#33;&#33;

How bout them apples RS, Tex, Hick and all you BlowSawx ladies&#33;&#33;

Bwahahahhahhahahahahahahahahaahhahhahahahhahhah

Now we have the....Curse of Larry Luccino

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 14 2004, 04:48 PM
    F*cking hate the Yankees.

The METS had a huge chance to sign A-Rod 3 years back, they didn&#39;t do it. Those jerks.

hey at least the METS got Mike Cameron(woo-hoo <_< )
    Guess it really sucks to be a Jets,Mets and Knicks fan.. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

When this happens.....and we know that it will because George enjoys sticking it to the Sux whenever possible........it will make this and the next 10 basebal seasons so enjoyable.

Beating on the Sux year in year out truly never EVER gets old&#33;&#33; :lol:

What is that saying about counting your chickens before the eggs are hatched? :blink:

Seeing we were here before with the Sox, until I see it on espn it means nothing.

Great score for the Yanks if it happens.

They are both ELITE players, but A-ROD can hit anything...not just FASTBALLS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;>>>>HEAR THAT ALFONSO>>>>he can actually hit a friggin sinker or slider&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;..>YAYA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..I&#39;m so HAPPY

Originally posted by JonEJet@Feb 14 2004, 05:00 PM
    When this happens.....and we know that it will because George enjoys sticking it to the Sux whenever possible........it will make this and the next 10 basebal seasons so enjoyable.

Beating on the Sux year in year out truly never EVER gets old&#33;&#33; :lol:
    Agreed JohnE, just be careful. Wait until the deal is closed before you gloat because you are doing exactly what Hick/Tx/RS/and all the other Sux fans who were here dancing on tables when they were supposedly getting him for Manny.

But the truth is, no matter how you slice it, the Yankees offer is 20 times better than what the Sux were offering. Let&#39;s see, trade the best player in the league for an overpaid lazy LF who can&#39;t field worth crap, or trade him for a young star 2B who is locked in a relatively cheap contract through 2006 and a minor leaguer. Gee, I wonder if the Rangers are waiting to stop laughing at the Red Sux before they finalize this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Screw it.

RS just about guaranteed Arod would be wearing Red Sux this season.

I fuc*ing love it&#33;&#33;

Chew on that you Boston Pukes&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s Official&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ESPN News is reporting A-Rod traded to the Yankees&#33;&#33;&#33;.

Wonder how the moral is gonna be in the Red Sux&#39;s locker room this year. Nomah and Manny are gonna be feelin&#39; real good. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 14 2004, 05:05 PM
    What is that saying about counting your chickens before the eggs are hatched? :blink:

In Yankeeland you can count your chickens before they are hatched&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Another royal kick in the nuts for the Red Sox team and all its fans.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 14 2004, 05:05 PM

until I see it on espn it means nothing.
    ahemmm....turn on your TV. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happpy&#33;&#33;

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;

How bout that RS....how bout that&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by JonEJet@Feb 14 2004, 05:23 PM
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happpy&#33;&#33;

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;

How bout that RS....how bout that&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
    JohnE, how much longer you have to carry that signature. I think you&#39;ve paid your dues and it&#39;s time for a new one

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It&#39;ll just grow when the first pitch of spring training happens&#33;&#33;

Anyone want to join JonE in Tampa for Spring Training?? :lol: :lol: