Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A-rod traded....its official!

Just seen it espn...its a done deal...for soriano and a minor league pitcher.. Contrereas not involved.

Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 14 2004, 05:11 PM
    Just seen it espn...its a done deal...for soriano and a minor league pitcher.. Contrereas not involved.
    I'm not a Yankee fan at all, but out of curiousity, Is A-Rod or Jeter moving to 3rd? I know both of them said in the past that they would not do that.

All League
    ARod would be playing 3B for the Yanks if it's true

All League
    Charter JI Member

When is Nomar's contract up? We need a second baseman. :lol:

According to the newspaper not ESPN. Not a complete deal yet, but looks good for the yanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Manny B@Feb 14 2004, 05:39 PM
    According to the newspaper not ESPN. Not a complete deal yet, but looks good for the yanks.
    Many

It's on the botton line on ESPN!!

Originally posted by JonEJet+Feb 14 2004, 05:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Feb 14 2004, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Manny B@Feb 14 2004, 05:39 PM
    Many

It&#39;s on the botton line on ESPN&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Sorry I am at work so only have the computer.

They then changed it to the deal should be completed in a few days....

Call the suicide hotline, an all out APB should be put out for all Bosux and Mets fans.

All Pro
    i woudl like to see A - Rod at 2nd

Originally posted by djaparz@Feb 14 2004, 06:29 PM
    i woudl like to see A - Rod at 2nd
    He has way too good of an arm to play 2nd. Also, it is easier to fill 2nd base with a decent talent than it is to fill 3rd base. At 3rd base there are a small handful of guys who are great at hitting and fielding, then there is a HUGE dropoff. At 2nd the dropoff is much more gradual.

Id rather see jeter at second

Hall Of Fame
    Incredible. I kind of knew this was coming. What a coup for the yanks, and what a lineup they have now. Sickening, but you can&#39;t argue with the fact that they ALWAYS get their man.

Do yankee fans realize that this will make you look even more evil in the eyes of not just Red Sox fans, but the entire league?

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 14 2004, 06:55 PM
    Incredible. I kind of knew this was coming. What a coup for the yanks, and what a lineup they have now. Sickening, but you can&#39;t argue with the fact that they ALWAYS get their man.

Do yankee fans realize that this will make you look even more evil in the eyes of not just Red Sox fans, but the entire league?
    Why?? It wan&#39;t too long ago in the early 90&#39;s when superstar players had absolutely no desire to play for the Yanks yet still used them to gain leverage for big offers to force other teams to pay more. The Mets just went through spending a ton of money for players to try and win it all. They failed miserably. Where is the hatred for them &#39;hurting the game&#39;?? There is none. And the answer is because everybody hates the team that does it and more importantly does it right by winning. I hate to say it, but it is really nothing more than Playa&#39; Hatin&#39;.

All League

I don&#39;t deal in "degrees" of evil...&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Babe Ruth wore #3, A-Rod wears #3.

We have just entered the Twilight Zone.

Originally posted by Boozer76+Feb 14 2004, 07:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Feb 14 2004, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet@Feb 14 2004, 06:55 PM

Why?? It wan&#39;t too long ago in the early 90&#39;s when superstar players had absolutely no desire to play for the Yanks yet still used them to gain leverage for big offers to force other teams to pay more. The Mets just went through spending a ton of money for players to try and win it all. They failed miserably. Where is the hatred for them &#39;hurting the game&#39;?? There is none. And the answer is because everybody hates the team that does it and more importantly does it right by winning. I hate to say it, but it is really nothing more than Playa&#39; Hatin&#39;. [/b][/quote]
    How is it playa hatin...when the yankees outspend 90 % of the league by 60 million dollars...all that money and all that talent and still couldn&#39;t beat the marlins..and the year before not making the world series...

It&#39;s just outside in the real world(not yankees fans) we see the wrong that is being done..and that is why baseball is DEAD...and nobody except yankee fans care anymore...every off season its who can we outbid this year and try to buy another championship...

The Rangers wanted to get rid of A-Rod and his hugh contract.

The are not too many team who could swing this deal.

We Got it done....the rest of the league should not be suprised by the Yanks going out and getting their man.

The Sawx fans are just at wit&#39;s end with the yankees.....They OUT shopped the yanks all year the made their best run ever....they thought ALCS was over...they thought it was done....Boone changed that thought fast...Now just when they think they get an "edge" on the yankees with schilling...and feel secure with the season ....WHACK&#33;&#33; :blink: &#33; Steinbrenner punches the Redsawx nation in the sack....I can understand the hurt.

Survival of the fittest.....

Originally posted by hendu24+Feb 14 2004, 07:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hendu24 @ Feb 14 2004, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Feb 14 2004, 07:09 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet
    @Feb 14 2004, 06:55 PM

Why?? It wan&#39;t too long ago in the early 90&#39;s when superstar players had absolutely no desire to play for the Yanks yet still used them to gain leverage for big offers to force other teams to pay more. The Mets just went through spending a ton of money for players to try and win it all. They failed miserably. Where is the hatred for them &#39;hurting the game&#39;?? There is none. And the answer is because everybody hates the team that does it and more importantly does it right by winning. I hate to say it, but it is really nothing more than Playa&#39; Hatin&#39;.
    How is it playa hatin...when the yankees outspend 90 % of the league by 60 million dollars...all that money and all that talent and still couldn&#39;t beat the marlins..and the year before not making the world series...

It&#39;s just outside in the real world(not yankees fans) we see the wrong that is being done..and that is why baseball is DEAD...and nobody except yankee fans care anymore...every off season its who can we outbid this year and try to buy another championship... [/b][/quote]
    OK Hendu but blaming the Yankees for following the rules of baseball as it currently stands and has stood for decades is ignorant. The problem is not the Yankees, it is the players and Players Association that will absolutely vetoe any proposal of a salary cap and threaten a strike if the owners implement it.

They have the owners by the balls because they know that another strike will be devastating to the league for years if not permanently.

If you as a fan want change, which I agree needs to be made, then demand it from your favorite players. Demand the owners impose a cap but don&#39;t blame baseball for the ensuing strike. Instead hurt the players where it counts. Stop buying their Jerseys. Stop buying the products that they endorse. They are the ones killing the game. Not the Yankees.