Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention RSN

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 15 2004, 04:34 AM
    If your trying to tell me that acquiring the BEST player in baseball has a down side, you will be exploring a whole new level of homerism....If it's not essential to aquire the best player in the league if you can...your already set up to fail.

Why is it that Redsoxs fans are fine with Kraft spending money...but they hate the yankees for doing it?
    #1) Realism. The Red Sox are better off with Nomar and Manny than they are with Arod and whoever replaces Manny and comes cheap.

#2) That approach didn't seem to help the Rangers, did it?

#3) You chose to avoid answering my question because you're a hypocritical punk.

#4) I don't hate the Yankees. They are a product of the system they are in. I do however dislike major league baseball's current setup. This is a contributing factor as to why I like football more. At least in football, Snyder can't afford to keep Bailey after he pays Arrington. If this were baseball, that wouldn't be the case.

Now again: Why is it bad for Snyder to throw money at people, but good for Steinbrenner?

Banned
    Originally posted by Jared+Feb 15 2004, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jared @ Feb 15 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 15 2004, 04:34 AM
    If your trying to tell me that acquiring the BEST player in baseball has a down side, you will be exploring a whole new level of homerism....If it&#39;s not essential to aquire the best player in the league if you can...your already set up to fail.

Why is it that Redsoxs fans are fine with Kraft spending money...but they hate the yankees for doing it?
    #1) Realism. The Red Sox are better off with Nomar and Manny than they are with Arod and whoever replaces Manny and comes cheap.

#2) That approach didn&#39;t seem to help the Rangers, did it?

#3) You chose to avoid answering my question because you&#39;re a hypocritical punk.

#4) I don&#39;t hate the Yankees. They are a product of the system they are in. I do however dislike major league baseball&#39;s current setup. This is a contributing factor as to why I like football more. At least in football, Snyder can&#39;t afford to keep Bailey after he pays Arrington. If this were baseball, that wouldn&#39;t be the case.

Now again: Why is it bad for Snyder to throw money at people, but good for Steinbrenner? [/b][/quote]
    #3) You chose to avoid answering my question because you&#39;re a hypocritical punk.
    Those are pretty strong words...are you sure thats the tone you want to take with me?

I don&#39;t hate the Yankees. They are a product of the system they are in. I do however dislike major league baseball&#39;s current setup. This is a contributing factor as to why I like football more. At least in football, Snyder can&#39;t afford to keep Bailey after he pays Arrington. If this were baseball, that wouldn&#39;t be the case
    Question for you.....Does George Give players MORE than they want or are worth to get them to play for the yanks....NO....he pays them what they are asking for on the open market...SNYDER is different would&#39;t you say Jared??He gives more money than ANYBODY even thought that player was worth.

Originally posted by Jared+Feb 15 2004, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jared @ Feb 15 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 15 2004, 04:34 AM
    If your trying to tell me that acquiring the BEST player in baseball has a down side, you will be exploring a whole new level of homerism....If it&#39;s not essential to aquire the best player in the league if you can...your already set up to fail.

#4) I don&#39;t hate the Yankees. They are a product of the system they are in. I do however dislike major league baseball&#39;s current setup. This is a contributing factor as to why I like football more. At least in football, Snyder can&#39;t afford to keep Bailey after he pays Arrington. If this were baseball, that wouldn&#39;t be the case.

Now again: Why is it bad for Snyder to throw money at people, but good for Steinbrenner? [/b][/quote]

#1. Realism. Nomar & Manny are coming back into the lineup. Nomar who does not have a contract extension, Nomar who has watched the FO try to bring in ARod to replace him and trade him away.
    And Manny he&#39;s been treated even worse. He was placed on waivers earlier in the off season and then was supposed to be traded away as part of the ARod trade. I am sure both of them feel so wanted by the Red Sox organization & cannot wait To come back.

#2. The Rangers had ARod. But they did not have Kenny Lofton, Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Hideki Matsui. Oh yeah, ARod in the Yankees lineup will work. Who does the opposition pitch around ?

#3 I have not read the complete thread so i dunno what question you are referring to.

#4 You don&#39;t hate the Yankees ? You must be the biggest hypocrat around. Red Sox have a payroll that&#39;s
    Top 5 in baseball if not Top 3. They have thrived on baseball&#39;s current setup as much as the Yankees have.
    Its just that Yankees have made a habit of out maneuvring the Red Sox and sticking it up to them.

Veteran

1) Realism ? How are the Red Sox better with a superstar shortstop that they spent a decent part of the off-season trying to ship out of town and the "Village Idiot" ? You and every member of the Red Sox nation were drooling at the thought of not only A-Rod but Magglio Ordonez coming and joining Schilling and Foulke as your hired guns to take down the Yankees ? Theo, Larry and Mr. Henry are gonna have to do alot fence mending with Nomar to keep him there now.

2) Texas got themselves Soriano. While he is not in A-Rod class he isn&#39;t exactly Brandon Lyon and some other scrubs you dumped on Arizona to take Schilling off their hands. (That though of course was a good deal cause he went to the Sox).

3) Here is the difference between Snyder and Steinbrenner. While it did suck that Snyder went in and basically signed every Jets free agent last season you did not hear a Jets fan yelling that Snyder is killing football, or how bad this is for the game. We did though enjoy watching him fall on his face again just like you and the rest of the Red Sox nation enjoyed watching the Yankees lose the World Series.

Red Sox fans are always trying decree that every deal the Yankees make is bad for the sport. Well guess what ? You tried playing the game the Yankees way this off-season and you still lost. All that talk of what a great off-season the Sox had and how they were now gonna be the favorites to win the East just may have gone up in smoke in 24 hours with one bold and outrageous move.

Then again, it is only Feburary.