Thread: Just when I finally get excited for baseball.....

All Pro
    ...I have to read that the Yanks just traded for A-Rod. Can anyone honestly tell me any reasons why I should continue to watch the game? The friggin outcome is almost already predetermined year after year. Yanks in World Series. The only reason the Yanks have 26 World Championships is cuz they have bought the last 15 of them. Can you actually tell me why the Yankees would be good for baseball at all? I can't think of one reason. They have a payroll upwards of 200 million now with the A-Rod acquisition. The disparity between the highest and lowest payroll is about 175 million. You think the Brewers could ever compete financially and competitively with the Yanks, much less half the league.

No wonder football is so much more popular to root for? At least every team has somewhat of a chance. The NFL is the only place the Panthers can go 1-15 to a SUper Bowl in less than 2 years. That would never happen in baseball .Why the hell should I root for any team in MLB when I know who's gonna be there year after year. I never like to wish anyone harm but it's going to be a great day for the game of baseball when Steinbrenner croaks.

Who gives a sh*t if you ever watch another baseball game....Your not upset because the game of baseball has turned into a spending contest ...your upset because your team is not the team who is doing what it takes to get it done....Unless your a pathetic MESS fan and your jealoue because not only are you NOT getting it done but a team in the same city IS getting it done...plus the fact that you try year after year to SPEND but you keep buying sh*t...its bad buisness to pay cash for sh*t

No wonder football is so much more popular to root for? At least every team has somewhat of a chance. The NFL is the only place the Panthers can go 1-15 to a SUper Bowl in less than 2 years. That would never happen in baseball .Why the hell should I root for any team in MLB when I know who's gonna be there year after year.
    The Florida Marlins won the World Series...

as for wishing for George to die...what can one say to that?...How would you feel if you read somewhere tomorrow that george wants to see how you feel with someone you love dead.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 14 2004, 09:54 PM
    Who gives a sh*t if you ever watch another baseball game....Your not upset because the game of baseball has turned into a spending contest ...your upset because your team is not the team who is doing what it takes to get it done....Unless your a pathetic MESS fan and your jealoue because not only are you NOT getting it done but a team in the same city IS getting it done...plus the fact that you try year after year to SPEND but you keep buying sh*t...its bad buisness to pay cash for sh*t

No wonder football is so much more popular to root for? At least every team has somewhat of a chance. The NFL is the only place the Panthers can go 1-15 to a SUper Bowl in less than 2 years. That would never happen in baseball .Why the hell should I root for any team in MLB when I know who's gonna be there year after year.
    The Florida Marlins won the World Series...

as for wishing for George to die...what can one say to that?...How would you feel if you read somewhere tomorrow that george wants to see how you feel with someone you love dead.
    First off I'm not a mets fan, i'm a tigers fan. Secondly, no big free agent will ever sign in a small market club EVER by choice because you have teams like the Yankees who sit there and ridiculously overpay everyone. There's no bother for competing with them. You'll never win. That's why Vlad is no longer an Expo, Tejada is no longer an Athletic, and Richie Sexson is no longer a Brewer. Even if the Brewsters hadn't traded him, he would have just left anyways. The only reason Pudge signed with the Tigers is because he didn't really have much of a choice to begin with. nobody wanted him, nobody needed him. And the Tigers just happened to have a little extra money to pay for him.

My point is, unless once under a blue moon. The only teams competing for free agents are always the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, and Dodgers. 4 Teams out of 30. You only have teams that every once in a while happen to do good because of their talent from the minors. (i.e. Marlins)

Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 14 2004, 10:33 PM
    The only reason Pudge signed with the Tigers is because he didn't really have much of a choice to begin with. nobody wanted him, nobody needed him. And the Tigers just happened to have a little extra money to pay for him.

I'm sorry Mavrik but this is one of the dumber comments I've ever read. No other team wanted him?? He had offers from a ton of teams. He was the MVP of the Marlins and quite frankly should have been the MVP of the league. He singlehandedly got them to the World Series and though Beckett was great, take Rodriguez away from that team and they were nothing.

Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 14 2004, 10:33 PM
    First off I'm not a mets fan, i'm a tigers fan.
    Why were you even excited at all to begin with?