Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the Yankee haters.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enough with this incessant miseducated whining that the Yankees are ruining baseball. The fact is unless MLB implements a cap, the yankees are doing everything within the rules of the league to win games. What would you propose, tell Steinbrenner that he can't spend his money that he earns from his team on players because it's not fair to KC?? Don't be ridiculous.

The fact is the players are the ones to blame. ALL OF THEM. That includes the ones on the Royals, Brewers, Expos, Tigers, Padres, BoSux etc. Whenever the owners even think about a salary cap the players are so quick to scream 'STRIKE' that you couldn't even blink. The last thing in the world the owners want is a strike becauwe the effects of the last player strike have only just now worn off. Another strike could damage MLB to irrepairable proportions.

That's right people, it is not the greedy, evil Yankees that ruin the game. It is your beloved players who you are so devoted to.

So how do we fix it?? You demand that the owners do in fact impose a salary cap on the teams. Then, whn the players strike, you hold THEM accountable. How do you do it?? Well first off, not by choosing NOT to go to the games afterwards. This only hurts the game, not the players. The only way to hurt the players is in their wallets. And the only way to get them in their wallets is to not partake in products they endorse. So, you Mike Piazza fans, no more buying his jersey if he partakes in a strike. A-Rod fans, stop drinking gatorade. Stop wearing Nike shoes. Stop wearing Starter athletic wear. Tell these corporations that you will not partake in their products that are endorsed by these greedy players.

But in the end, none of this matters. Because instead of seeing the big picture and discovering WHY baseball is in such a state of flux, it seems it is so much cooler and easier for you all to just say it's the damn Yankees. They did this. But the funny thing is, no one had a problem with the Yankees breaking the bank on payroll when it was for Danny Tartabull and Jesse Barfield and the Yanks were perrenial last place finishers. No, that's when baseball was in great shape.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, nobody had any problems with the Red Sox trying to make a deal.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ray Ray19@Feb 14 2004, 11:15 PM
    Funny, nobody had any problems with the Red Sox trying to make a deal.
    Exactly Ray Ray. And that is precisely why this thread has no response from any of the Yakee haters. It makes way too much sense. How could they go on blaming the Yankees if they admit to the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    great sig boozer, just heard the news, un-freakin-believable

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: this is not me but I hhave to do this:

To all the Yankee haters:

**** YOU!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it matter that I still hate the Yanks just because they are the Yanks?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And why didn't the Red Sox make the deal? It was because they didn't have the money!! There is only one team that could do it. Is there any strategy when it comes to the Yankees? No.

I'm not saying this is the Yankees fault, these are the stupid rules they play by. But how can any Yankee fan honestly say this is good for the game? It's an absolute joke!

Don't tell me money has nothing to do with their success, without it they would be in the same boat as everyone else.

Would any of you actually engage in a game of monopoly if your opponent already had most of the property? Of course not, and those of you who defend this stupid system are only doing it because you are Yankee fans and you know it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And why didn't the Red Sox make the deal? It was because they didn't have the money!! There is only one team that could do it. Is there any strategy when it comes to the Yankees? No.
    The Sox have plenty of money, who are you kidding. ManRam makes 20 mil a year for cryin' out loud. They might not have wanted to spend the money, and might even have been trying to dump Manny, but they could not get it done. The Yankee's stategy is clear: if he'll help the team, go get him and we'll figure it out later. In this case, trading for ARod is helps the team x 2.

I'm not saying this is the Yankees fault, these are the stupid rules they play by. But how can any Yankee fan honestly say this is good for the game? It's an absolute joke!
    The good of the game, at thhis point, is publicity. ARod in NY is good for the game MLB plays these days. I personally miss the 70's when you could name the players and the lineup for every team in your division, but those days a re long gone. You can blame Free Agency for that.

Don't tell me money has nothing to do with their success, without it they would be in the same boat as everyone else.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. The Yanks were pretty bad in the 80's into the 90's, weren't they? The Dodgers spend lots and always suck. The Orioles spent a boatload just a few years ago, the Mets, too, and those were not good teams. I also recall that the Marlins won the Series this year, the Angels the year before, and the Diamondbacks three years back...

Would any of you actually engage in a game of monopoly if your opponent already had most of the property? Of course not, and those of you who defend this stupid system are only doing it because you are Yankee fans and you know it.
    Life is played within rules. If they change the rules, the Yankee&#39;s will adjust and continue their winning tradition. I&#39;d love to see Free Agancy go away, but it ain&#39;t. I don&#39;t agree with salary caps in principle, but if they institute one, that&#39;s okay, too. The organization will find a way to win eventually < even if there is a 18 year gap again >.

I guess you&#39;re only bashing the Yankee&#39;s because you&#39;re a fan of another team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Feb 15 2004, 02:04 AM
    :ph34r: this is not me but I hhave to do this:

To all the Yankee haters:

**** YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I am an old Yankee hater since my days as a Bklyn Dodger fan.

I find one thing fasinatiing, You guys hate Synder but love Stienbrener and yet they are clones.

I don&#39;t hate either one as I only wished we (Jets) had an owner that does what it is necessary to bring the very best to their fans.

As a Jet and Met fan **** YOU &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; back at you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booz - To say you are misinformed would be an understatement.

The US of A won the America&#39;s Cup 10 or so years ago because "within the rules" they were able to select a sleak faster boat that was 10x faster then the opponents boat. Does that victory "within the rules" make it justified? No. As much as you Jets fan rule zealots whine about the tuck rule, you seem to be the epitome of hypocrisy when it comes to the Yanks.

The reason their is no salary cap is because of baseball anti-trust exemption. They do not have to baragin in good faith like the rest of the major league sports. The NFL, NBA and NHL all have to open their books up to player&#39;s union scrutiny. Baseball does not and will not. In order to impose a cap on a certain percentage of gross revenues, the players need to know how much every team makes. Baseball owners do not want the players knowing how much they actually make. If the owners were so inclined to do so, they could impose a salary cap. Ok A-Rod and Manny go and make 25 and 20 million in the Japan League. Or Korea. They can&#39;t. So the owners still play under this screwed up system and the big money players benefit the most from it.

Booz the biggest difference between the tartabull days and today is the difference between first and last. In 1988, the Yanks spent the most but the Tigers were only 13 million behind. By 1998, the last year the Yanks did not leave, the difference was 61 million. 5 short years later it was 130 million. and 35 million between 1st and 2nd. If the Yanks do have a 190 million, they will be at least 160 million more then the last place team and what 50 million over #2.

Do not expect the players to bite the hand that feeds them. The only thing the Players are guilty of, like the Yankees, is exploiting the drunk girl that passed out on the couch. Just because she does not say no, does not make it right.

Green Beans

The Sox have plenty of money, who are you kidding. ManRam makes 20 mil a year for cryin&#39; out loud. They might not have wanted to spend the money, and might even have been trying to dump Manny, but they could not get it done. The Yankee&#39;s stategy is clear: if he&#39;ll help the team, go get him and we&#39;ll figure it out later. In this case, trading for ARod is helps the team x 2.

The Sox make about 60 million less then the Yanks in gross revenue. Yes, the Sox have money, but not as much as the Yanks. Let&#39;s get one thing clear. George is not spending his money. He is spending the Yanks money.

Maybe yes, maybe no. The Yanks were pretty bad in the 80&#39;s into the 90&#39;s, weren&#39;t they? The Dodgers spend lots and always suck. The Orioles spent a boatload just a few years ago, the Mets, too, and those were not good teams. I also recall that the Marlins won the Series this year, the Angels the year before, and the Diamondbacks three years back...

No, money does not gurantee success. As I illustrated above, it is to the point even if Vazquez sucks, and Brown is injured, the Yanks can go out and spend more to right the ship. The Yanks do not have the best GM, they have the GM with the most money and this allows them to overcome their mistakes.

Life is played within rules. If they change the rules, the Yankee&#39;s will adjust and continue their winning tradition. I&#39;d love to see Free Agancy go away, but it ain&#39;t. I don&#39;t agree with salary caps in principle, but if they institute one, that&#39;s okay, too. The organization will find a way to win eventually < even if there is a 18 year gap again >.

This is laugable. The Yanks have never shown the ability to win consistently in a fair system. The Yanks dominance from the 1920s to 1960s was due to no draft. They largely picked the best players. Scrubs were cast into the minors and forever lost. Players were slaves of the owners. When the darft was implented in 1964, guess what? The Yanks started sucking and losing. 10 years later they started to turn around and then free agency as we know it today was implemented. Again, the Yanks swirl the toilet and go down the drain. By 1994, when the money between spent on players starts to escalate to unbelieveable levels, the Yanks appear again. Luckily, George started butting in again and sabtotaging the team&#39;s success recently.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 15 2004, 02:39 PM
    This is laugable. The Yanks have never shown the ability to win consistently in a fair system.
    What&#39;s even more laughable is the Red Sox inability to win consistenetly in ANY type of system.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by petejet@Feb 15 2004, 02:53 PM

What&#39;s even more laughable is the Red Sox inability to win consistenetly in ANY type of system.
    True.

If I had the time, but I doubt any team has had as much success and not won a title. The Cubs for the large part have sucked. Ditto the Other Sox, but the Red Sox who have consistently won through out the years, but not taken home the title is pathetic.

F&#39;ing Buckner.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can one Yankee fan please be honest? The Red Sox couldn&#39;t make the deal because of money. They were offering Texas a &#036;20 mil a year player and still couldn&#39;t do it. Wow soriano makes a whole &#036;5 mil a year. Now just because they were discussing this trade makes them in the same outrageous league as the Yankees? Are you kidding me? This trade is going to cost the Yankees tens of millions more than the Red Sox could afford.

This is no way good for baseball.

Brenjetsfan
    AROD....with YANKS....the headlines in Boston today read: THE BEST THING SINCE THE BABE&#33; :lol: :lol:

an I thought the patsies had SOME hotties in football.....LOOK at our YANKEES&#33; WOWzie

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t blame the REDSOX for not making this deal redsox,MET fans or anyother fans,NO ONE ELSE HAD A CHANCE ,(1) There`s no place greater to be a winner in then in N.Y. (THERE`S ALSO NO WORSE PLACE TO LOSE IN ,BUT THE YANKEES SELDOM EXPERIENCE THIS ASPECT). (2) The YANKEES HAVE A HISTORY of PAYING AND WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS . The dead sox have a history of puttuing cash out there every now and then for a big name player ,but we know their history ,always the bridesmaid ,never the bride.... So take the cash on a team that will probobly give you the best shot at a ring and you also become part of all that history ...no -one else had a chance..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Feb 15 2004, 10:43 AM
    Don`t blame the REDSOX for not making this deal redsox,MET fans or anyother fans,NO ONE ELSE HAD A CHANCE ,(1) There`s no place greater to be a winner in then in N.Y. (THERE`S ALSO NO WORSE PLACE TO LOSE IN ,BUT THE YANKEES SELDOM EXPERIENCE THIS ASPECT). (2) The YANKEES HAVE A HISTORY of PAYING AND WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS . The dead sox have a history of puttuing cash out there every now and then for a big name player ,but we know their history ,always the bridesmaid ,never the bride.... So take the cash on a team that will probobly give you the best shot at a ring and you also become part of all that history ...no -one else had a chance..
    umm the mets are in NY too u know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booz has a point, if I were the Yankees I&#39;d do the same.

PFSIKH has a point, just because you can doesn&#39;t make it "right".

Guns has a GREAT point, can&#39;t we just hate the Yanks because they are the Yanks? :lol:

========

Baseball is ****ed up and it has been that way for a while now. Baseball needs changes...but until then I am gonna enjoy the Sawx/Yanks series...best series in baseball.

Sawx fans, remember this...the Florida Marlins didn&#39;t ***** about the &#036;&#036;&#036; disparity...they just went out and whupped the Yanks.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 15 2004, 10:39 AM

The reason their is no salary cap is because of baseball anti-trust exemption. They do not have to baragin in good faith like the rest of the major league sports. The NFL, NBA and NHL all have to open their books up to player&#39;s union scrutiny. Baseball does not and will not. In order to impose a cap on a certain percentage of gross revenues, the players need to know how much every team makes. Baseball owners do not want the players knowing how much they actually make. If the owners were so inclined to do so, they could impose a salary cap. Ok A-Rod and Manny go and make 25 and 20 million in the Japan League. Or Korea. They can&#39;t. So the owners still play under this screwed up system and the big money players benefit the most from it.

OK PFSIKH,

So I guess you&#39;re saying the players are all lined up and would LOVE a salary cap. That&#39;s total BS and if you believe that then clearly you are the misinformed one. The only reason owners don&#39;t want to open their books up is becasue you would see that half of them probably don&#39;t spend ven near the money they could on players. They pocket their profits and quite frankly this is even more of a travesty to baseball than what the Yanks are doing. These owners aren&#39;t even willing to try to field a winning team.

And quite honestly, I doub&#39;t it&#39;s the A-RODs and Jeters or any of the top 10 paid that are ruining Baseball with their high salaries. They are great players and deserve to be paid highly. The problem is the league is thinned out and relatively ****ty players are getting paid way too much. Seriously, A pitcher with a 1-5 record and a 5-6 ERA makes 3 million now. A guy who sits on the bench and comes in for fielding/baserunning purposes late in the game maks over a million. There are too many teams in MLB right now, the talent is so watered down, and quite frankly there are alot of cities currently that have no right to have a MLB team.

So PFSIKH, you wrote a huge thread giving rebuttals to everyone yet you didn&#39;t want to say what SHOULD be done. As of right now what do you expect Steinbrenner to do?? Should he take those Yankee profits and pocket them?? Should he take them and just drive down the streets of Manhattan and throw money out his trunk?? His obligation as the owner of the NY Yankees is to put out a winning product that is entertaining to the fans within the rules of the game. Right now those rules are not fair to every team and every Yankee fan will admit that, but they are the rules right now.

Quite frankly Steinbrenner would be evil to the game if he decided not to spend his teams profits on fielding a winning team, like many other owners currently do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were getting their Booz.....

No, the players do not want a salary cap, but only the upper one percent are talking this. As the NFL has prooven, the 10 year 250 million dollar conatrcat is not possible with a salary cap. A salary cap hurts the A-Rods, Mannys, Giambis, Jeters, and Nomars, not the projected 2B starter for the Yanks that is going to earn the league minimum for his tenure. Actually, the A-Rod type contracts due hurt the other players. The Union can brainwash the players, "We average 2.3+ million per player. "That is why we do what we do." Yet, the true barometer of it is the median salary, the middle, and that is closer to 1 miilion. If A-Rod averages 25 million a year, that is made up somewhere to get to 2 million average.

I agree there are too many teams and too many players, but the overall problem is not delution of talent. It is economics of the game. Yanks top three Jeter, Giambi and A-rod will be more payroll then 50-65% of the teams. Throw in Moose it is up to what 75-80%. When the top team spends more then two other big market teams, there is something seriously wrong. Yes, Boston is guilty. As is the Dodgers and Baltimore throwing around Monopoly money this year, but the Yankees lead the way.

Your last flaw is the pocketing the money take. KC is roughly 150+ million behind the Yanks. They get a 10-15 million share from revenue sharing. Where are they suppossed to make up the other 130-135 million? The owners got rich by not being dumb. For the betterment of baseball, it would be wise for George to pocket some of the Yankee money. Does he need to spend 200 million? Why not 150? That is still a big enough edge over everyone else that he will continue to rake in money.