Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two more Knick trades????

Thanks. I was hoping that Isiah would sign his former teammate Dennis Rodman. Maybe after the season they will go after Rasheed Wallace.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rashweek is coming next year!!

Vin Baker is coming this year to where WINNERS WANT TO PLAY!!

New F-ing York BABY!!

Banned
    Originally posted by RinelliJr@Feb 15 2004, 04:57 PM
    Thanks. I was hoping that Isiah would sign his former teammate Dennis Rodman. Maybe after the season they will go after Rasheed Wallace.
    The Knicks really don't need Rodman.

Rasheed will be here next season, he wants to come to NY, and he will come here for the mid-level exception.

Rookie
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 15 2004, 04:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 15 2004, 04:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JonEJet@Feb 15 2004, 04:49 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy
    @Feb 15 2004, 04:46 PM
    Nice sig JonEjet&#33;&#33;

Thanks Smizz....I like yours too&#33;&#33;

No more white guys left on the Knicks&#33;&#33; :lol:
    I was right about to post that,

But I forgot, there is one left, the Center that was a throw in on the Marbury trade, Czsery Trybanski [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t there a league mandate on having at least 1 white guy per team :blink:

It just gets better and better.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Little curious as to why they wanted to let KVH go?

Been playing some of his best ball of his career&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Originally posted by Chrisrud+Feb 15 2004, 04:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chrisrud @ Feb 15 2004, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 15 2004, 04:37 PM
    This makes the Knicks better defensively, tougher inside, and more size inside.

Doleac and Vanhorn both good scorers and rebounders, but inconsistant at what they did.

Muhammed and Thomas are tougher and better defensively.
    Tim Thomas is the same player as Van Horn, except KVH is a better rebounder. Tim Thomas a tough presence?? I think you might have hom confused with somebody else. Mohammad will help though. [/b][/quote]
    In Tim Thomas the Knicks get a more exciting player, a player with more attitude, and a more consistant scorer.

Vanhorn was soft, boring, and inconsistant.

Plus, have you seen some of Thomas&#39; dunks, man is he good.

Banned
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Feb 15 2004, 05:18 PM
    Little curious as to why they wanted to let KVH go?

Been playing some of his best ball of his career&#33;&#33;
    just be happy he&#39;s gone, the Knicks get a tougher player.

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 15 2004, 03:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 15 2004, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy

But I forgot, there is one left, the Center that was a throw in on the Marbury trade, Czsery Trybanski [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s weird, because I was was watching that ESPN show with that turd face Jay Marriotti from Chicago and he was basically saying the Knicks former GM was trading for Keith Van Horn due to a hidden "racial agenda" last summer :blink:

Now, within weeks of taking over the job, Isiah has shipped out Van Horn, Doleac, Lampe, Vranes and the Yugo star guard.....(I think someone also wrote the Knicks traded Pyrzbilla, so that&#39;s another).

I have zero problems with this (not that I watch much of the NBA anyway), but I wonder what Marriotti has to say about these moves? Let me guess, nothing :lol:

Again, if merely trading for Van Horn led Marriotti to accuse Scott Layden of having an agenda, I wonder what Jay&#39;s take on these Isiah trades would be.

Banned
    Originally posted by Riggins44+Feb 15 2004, 06:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riggins44 @ Feb 15 2004, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 15 2004, 03:54 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy

But I forgot, there is one left, the Center that was a throw in on the Marbury trade, Czsery Trybanski
    It&#39;s weird, because I was was watching that ESPN show with that turd face Jay Marriotti from Chicago and he was basically saying the Knicks former GM was trading for Keith Van Horn due to a hidden "racial agenda" last summer :blink:

Now, within weeks of taking over the job, Isiah has shipped out Van Horn, Doleac, Lampe, Vranes and the Yugo star guard.....(I think someone also wrote the Knicks traded Pyrzbilla, so that&#39;s another).

I have zero problems with this (not that I watch much of the NBA anyway), but I wonder what Marriotti has to say about these moves? Let me guess, nothing :lol:

Again, if merely trading for Van Horn led Marriotti to accuse Scott Layden of having an agenda, I wonder what Jay&#39;s take on these Isiah trades would be. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t listen to Mariotti, he&#39;s a complete idiot, everything he brings up has something to do with race. He tries to hard to be politcally correct.

Isiah I really don&#39;t think is racist, he has just traded for all better players.

TomShane
    This one is shady.

Tim Thomas is a talented guy who has never, ever come close to putting it together. He can hit the 3, he can handle, he can post up, but he never knows when or why he should do it. He&#39;s a mess out there on the court at times, makes himself a defensive liability and basically needs to go back to college to learn how to play the game of basketball. He may be the one player that you wouldn&#39;t trade VanPoontang for.

Mohammed can be a player, but he needs someone to drive their foot into his ass EVERY day. FOr about a 30 game stretch last season, he was one of the top centers in the East. He has more upside than Doleac, so, IMO< it&#39;s a good trade.

Honestly, I don&#39;t follow the NBA enough to even try to assess these trades. For that reason, I have nothing bad to say about Isiah.

I just think it&#39;s weird that a Marriotti can basically slander Scott Layden on TV, while those other fools (The Max idiot, the Andy Pettite look alike and the others), just stood there and laughed and agreed like little sheep dogs.

Isiah has no one to answer to but his bosses, so as long as he&#39;s trying to win more games, that&#39;s all that matters.

As far as Marriotti is concerned, you are right, he&#39;s an ass.

Marriotti is same man that called Dick Butkus a disgrace for going to the XFL...By the way, saw on ESPN Classic, that Chicago of the NFL dumped Butkus like a sack of spit, the minute his knees went.

Anyway, who the F does that dude think he is bullying all these sports figures, for his mere amusement? I guess slander doesn&#39;t apply when Marriotti speaks.

You right, he&#39;s a politically correct fool.

If your going to say Zeke wants all the white people off the team than you have to be fair and say Layden was trying to turn the Knicks into an all white team......

TomShane
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Feb 15 2004, 07:16 PM
    Honestly, I don&#39;t follow the NBA enough to even try to assess these trades. For that reason, I have nothing bad to say about Isiah...

I just think it&#39;s weird that a Marriotti can basically slander Scott Layden on TV, while those other fools (The Max idiot, the Andy Pettite look alike and the others), just stood there and laughed and agreed like little sheep dogs.

Isiah has no one to answer to but his bosses, so as long as he trying to win more games, that&#39;s all that matters.

As far as Marriotti is concerned, you are right, he an ass.

Marriotti is same man that called Dick Butkus a disgrace for going to the XFL...By the way, saw on ESPN Classic, that Chicago of the NFL dumped Butkus like a sack of spit, the minute his knees went.

Anyway, who the F does that dude think is bullying all these sports figures, for his mere amusement? I guess slander doesn&#39;t apply when Marriotti speaks.

You right, he&#39;s a politically correct fool.
    Maritotti is a tool, and anybody who appears on that program in that format loses any credibility. Then again, credibility in sports journalism died with Will McDonough.

As far as white players in the NBA? I wouldn&#39;t place one of them in my top 30. Nowitzki is the best of them, and he&#39;s disgusting, weak, soft, and begged out of the playoffs last year. Pathetic.

Banned
    Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 15 2004, 07:09 PM
    This one is shady.

Tim Thomas is a talented guy who has never, ever come close to putting it together. He can hit the 3, he can handle, he can post up, but he never knows when or why he should do it. He&#39;s a mess out there on the court at times, makes himself a defensive liability and basically needs to go back to college to learn how to play the game of basketball. He may be the one player that you wouldn&#39;t trade VanPoontang for.

Mohammed can be a player, but he needs someone to drive their foot into his ass EVERY day. FOr about a 30 game stretch last season, he was one of the top centers in the West. He has more upside than Doleac, so, IMO< it&#39;s a good trade.
    Tim Thomas is better then you describe him as.

The guy can be exciting to watch, and is more consistant than Vanhorn.

The Knicks have been missing someone who dunks big since Spre was traded.

Thomas can dunk like a mad man.

He&#39;s also has more attitude than Vanhorn and more of a mean streak.

I&#39;ll take Thomas over Vanhorn.

Mohammad has the ability to put up 10 points and 10 boards a night, and be a defensive presence. Also he&#39;s young.

TS, I could even tell you much....I know most of the NBA players, regardless of race but don&#39;t watch much.

Jetman57, as far as the race stuff, take it up with Marriotti. If you read what I actually have to say, it&#39;s all about him implying Layden was drafting with a racial agenda. Maybe he was, but how do you prove it?

To that end, I only wondered what Marriotti would say about all these moves?

Layden tried to turn the Knicks into an all white team? By what, having like 2 or 3 three white players on the roster when he left :blink: :lol:

Didn&#39;t Layden also draft Sweetney and Williams ahead of the Euro&#39;s?

My point, if you&#39;re gonna "punk Layden", why should anyone else be immune?

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Feb 15 2004, 07:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Feb 15 2004, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Feb 15 2004, 07:09 PM
    This one is shady.

Mohammed can be a player, but he needs someone to drive their foot into his ass EVERY day. FOr about a 30 game stretch last season, he was one of the top centers in the West. He has more upside than Doleac, so, IMO< it&#39;s a good trade.

Mohammad has the ability to put up 10 points and 10 boards a night, and be a defensive presence. Also he&#39;s young. [/b][/quote]
    Dunks? That makes him good? Dunks don&#39;t win games.

He has talent, but very inconsistent.

Riggins, my post wasnt directed at you. I just have already read on other knicks boards fans saying these trades are racially motivated... Maybe they are, who the heck knows. But to be fair why didnt people question Layden&#39;s moves that consisted of a bunch of white people? i mean the guy had a hardon to get Ostertag to the Knicks for years. He&#39;s the biggest bum in the NBA.

It wasnt directed at you. Im sorry for not making that clear.

Jetsman 57, fair enough. Thanks for the reply. As anyone will tell you, I don&#39;t mind politically incorrect posts on just about any subject. It would be boring around here, if we all posted the same things.

But I think Layden was questioned all the time for these moves. He was singled out by ESPN after trading for Van Horn, with Jay Marriotti leading the charge. Talk about unfair?

In Layden&#39;s 3 or 4 seasons, whatever, he had just Doleac and Van Horn that he traded for. He also used 3 2nd round picks on European players. None of those players ever played with the Knicks, and 2 aren&#39;t even in the NBA today.

OK, so Layden was called out on ESPN. Like I said, with all these players that Layden got over the stretch of several season&#39;s, he was questioned about the racial makeup of the team by ESPN. Now, in a matter of a few weeks all 5 or 6 of those players that he drafted or traded for are gone...right out the door, swiftly.

What can I say? Just wondering aloud about this, because I felt what the cats on ESPN said about Layden was unfair.

Would it be unfair to Zeke too? Probably would be, but it wont matter. If Zeke get&#39;s hammered on a few message boards for a few days, who cares? Especially if he&#39;s just trying to improve the team, right?

However, Layden and everyone close to him had to hear him getting a lecture (and being slandered) on national TV for the same thing--done to a lesser degree :o

Banned
    Originally posted by C Mart+Feb 15 2004, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (C Mart @ Feb 15 2004, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 15 2004, 07:24 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane
    @Feb 15 2004, 07:09 PM
    This one is shady.

Mohammad has the ability to put up 10 points and 10 boards a night, and be a defensive presence. Also he&#39;s young.
    Dunks? That makes him good? Dunks don&#39;t win games.

He has talent, but very inconsistent. [/b][/quote]
    Big dunks are exciting, but thats not the only reason.

Also, Thomas has more attitude than Vanhorn, and isn&#39;t a softy.

All in all Thomas is a better fit and a better player.