Thread: Ben Affleck needs a hanky

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now Bennifer is having a Redsockian meltdown during an interview at the Daytona? Doesn't he realize that it's a car race? That's as dumb as chanting "Yankees Suck" at a football rally...oh wait...

Anyway, when will Boston fans realize that whining is not an effective means to gain the allegiance of neutral observers?

No matter how you want to spin it, the Boston Red Sox are not innocent victims of the "evil -empire".

In 2003 they too had one of baseball's top payrolls...Was it #1? No, but it was more than 3 times some of their opponents. They turned that payroll into one of history's most prolific offenses, and rode it to extra innings of the ALCS game 7.

This offseason, they've already bought up Schilling and Foulke and were ready to try to land A-Rod. As usual, they try to do it on the cheap and fail...now, the Yankees land the same player, and Red Sox nation craps its panties crying about it.

Get over it RED SOX...you are among the problem with baseball. You are not some upstart underdog, you are not some podunk mom & pop organization, and you are not the 80 Olympic hockey team. You too are overpayed professionals. You just haven't figured out how to even do that right yet.

Nobody but you feels sorry for you.

Pathetic.

BB

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ben Affleck is a pathetic,sad man....I just hope A-Rod is next in line to bang J-HO...

He looked like he was going to cry...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buff, enough with the "I'm a neutral observer" slant. Your hatred of Boston shines through loud and clear.

Still, I must correct you. Do not associate Ben Affleck with Boston. Yes, he's a rabid, cry-baby Red Sox fan - but he's from the People's Rebublic of Cambridge. If it's weren't in Massachusetts, most Bostonians would want nothing to do with that liberal mass of streets, brownstones, double-triple deckers, over-priced condos'a and townhomes full of latte drinking, smoothie slurping, hasty pudding eaters, birkenstock wearing, Peta backing, Curry smelling, cross country skiing to work, fashion challenged, elitist, smug, "intellectual" schmucks. Uh-uh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ben Affleck

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone else get sheer enjoyment watching Ben almost cry? Priceless

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also made a point of saying how the Yankees of a few years ago were made up of mostly homegrown talents now they are all free agents and he named Moose, Giambi, Sheff, etc. But the last time I checked the Red Sox have a whopping two players who came up through their system (Nomar and Nixon). I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

TomShane
    Most despised men in America, 2/16/2004

1) Osama Bin Laden- For crimes against the United States, democracy, and his own people.

2) Saddam Hussein- See above.

3) Ben Affleck- For Gigli, Daredevil. Forces of Nature, et. al. For making it big despite the lack of any discernable talent, and not comprehending how people could possibly despise him. Upon the imminent deaths of bin Laden and Hussein, Affleck will overtake the #1 spot, assuming he maintains any sort of regrettable societal relevance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look I hate the Yankees like the next guy, but anything that maes Ben Affleck upset to the point of tears is OK in my book. I'm sick of hearing about him and his big assed ex-girlfriend J-Lo.

Affleck your movies have sucked for years. Get a grip.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ben, your movies suck especially Dare Devil and your wife is a whore. Shutup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when did Ben Affleck become a spokesperson for the Red Sox?

All he does is make bad movies and he has a say?

STFU Ben.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ben Affleck Gets the news ... Arod to NY is Official

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is "good buddy" Matt Damon when you need him? First that beard J-Lo and her hiney walk, and now this. And what's with the goatee? Is he starring as Mr. French in a remake of "Family Affair" or something ?

Maxman
    Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 16 2004, 01:50 PM
    3) Ben Affleck- For Gigli, Daredevil. Forces of Nature, et. al. For making it big despite the lack of any discernable talent, and not comprehending how people could possibly despise him. Upon the imminent deaths of bin Laden and Hussein, Affleck will overtake the #1 spot, assuming he maintains any sort of regrettable societal relevance.
    Guess this means you like Bounce. Figures.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys please....Ben has had plenty of great movies...Bounce...wait not that one...Forces of Nature....no not that one either......uh Gigli....no....Reindeer Games...hahahaha. not a chance....OK so his movies suck. The only one's he's been in that weren't that bad were Sum of All Fears and Good Will Hunting, and Good Will Hunting would have been better had he not been in it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 16 2004, 10:25 PM
    Guys please....Ben has had plenty of great movies...Bounce...wait not that one...Forces of Nature....no not that one either......uh Gigli....no....Reindeer Games...hahahaha. not a chance....OK so his movies suck. The only one's he's been in that weren't that bad were Sum of All Fears and Good Will Hunting, and Good Will Hunting would have been better had he not been in it.
    What no mention of Pearl Harbor? Or what about School Ties? He's the guy in the background holding on to Matt Damons coattails. Mr Assflack doesn't have half the talent Paris Hilton (something about her and night vision equipment that just go together like peanut butter and jelly) and Ron Howards deformed brother who's always getting movie roles ... because he's Ron Howards brother! Hopefully his 15 minutes of fame are almost up, and everyone will see him for what he is ... a no talent hack, with no taste in professional baseball team's.