Thread: Maddox Close To Signing With Yankees?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=e...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Even though the Yankee payroll is currently at $195 million, Steinbrenner might not be finished with his shopping spree. Another major league source says the Yankees are moving closer to signing Greg Maddux, another client of super agent Scott Boras, putting the finishing touches on what The Boss could rightfully call the greatest Yankee team ever.

So would adding Maddux push the edge in starting pitching to the Yankees? I personnally think so, they wouldn't be as desperate if someone was to go down, and they'd have Lieber to rely on for long relief, and waiting in the wings should he have to start. Good move by the Big Stien, if he pulls it off. Let the this is terrible for Baseball chants begin Red Sox fans....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That link doesn't show any story about the Yanks bein close to signing maddox? Any other pages?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is in there. Somwhere in the middle of the article.

It actually makes sense. I bet Boras said to the Yanks I can get Arod to play third if you give Maddux what he wants. I bet the Yanks wind up with all three Boras clients now. (Maddux, Arod, Travis Lee).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This happens I quit watching baseball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant stand Maddux anymore. He takes himself out of the game no matter what after 75 pitches. Give me a break,.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Feb 16 2004, 04:57 PM
    I cant stand Maddux anymore. He takes himself out of the game no matter what after 75 pitches. Give me a break,.
    agree,,,he is the franco harris of baseball :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanks get Maddux we should just cancel the the MLB season and just get to Training camp for football or catch Japanese baseball on the dish...

GO BLUE ORIX.... :blink:

LL