Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Who Wins/Loses in the A-Rod deal?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would add Nomar Garciaparra's name to the winners. With Tejada, Jeter and now Arod locked up in long term contracts, there are not many exciting shortstops left in the league without a team. This increases his value in the FA market.

The BooSox would really have to motivate him now after all the dancing with Arod, to sign a major contract extension. He would be calling the shots or else bolt for another team next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsFanInDenver@Feb 15 2004, 08:45 PM
    I would add Nomar Garciaparra's name to the winners. With Tejada, Jeter and now Arod locked up in long term contracts, there are not many exciting shortstops left in the league without a team. This increases his value in the FA market.

The BooSox would really have to motivate him now after all the dancing with Arod, to sign a major contract extension. He would be calling the shots or else bolt for another team next year.
    What do you mean now Arod? He's been locked up for awhile.

But you are right, Nomars value has been going up since Tejada was signed.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Feb 15 2004, 08:51 PM
    What do you mean now Arod? He's been locked up for awhile.

Arod was locked up in a contract, but the Rangers wanted to get rid of his contract. Now that he is a Yankee (pending Bud Selig's approval), he would not be available to anyone, including over friends the BoSox.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I love now because of this is that my Red Sox are now the underdogs. They simply cannot be favourites until they have won it all. The yanks have returned things to normaility. Phew! So I guess I'd ay the Red Sox are winners in this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 15 2004, 11:15 PM
    The only thing I love now because of this is that my Red Sox are now the underdogs. They simply cannot be favourites until they have won it all. The yanks have returned things to normaility. Phew! So I guess I'd ay the Red Sox are winners in this.
    If by "winners", you mean losers!

things back to normall...yankees the favorite...well you know how that story goes...86 years & counting!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Feb 15 2004, 11:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Feb 15 2004, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet@Feb 15 2004, 11:15 PM
    The only thing I love now because of this is that my Red Sox are now the underdogs. They simply cannot be favourites until they have won it all. The yanks have returned things to normaility. Phew&#33; So I guess I&#39;d ay the Red Sox are winners in this.
    If by "winners", you mean losers&#33;

things back to normall...yankees the favorite...well you know how that story goes...86 years & counting&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, things are back to normal. When we beat you now, we&#39;re not supposed to. Whereas if we&#39;d beaten you minus A-Rod then we were supposed to anyway, meaning we lose all bragging rights.

Ah hell this conversation is redundant until we win it. I&#39;ll see you here in 8 months&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redsox nation is lucky to have a fan like you....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees win....everyone else loses