Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97

Thread: Killing A Police Officer Should Be A Federal Crime

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0216/2849416_200X150.jpg[/img]
    [color=red][SIZE=4][b]KILLER[/b][/color][/SIZE]


    Today, the Detroit Police Department lost 2 officers because some a**hole didn't want to go to jail on a pathetic little misdemeanor narcotics warrant. This guy hopped out of his car, and immediately opened fire on the 2 officers while they sat in their car, firing a total of 22 rounds of .40 cal ammunition. The female officer was hit instantly and after a brief struggle, died today in the hospital. The male officer was hit, able to get out, call for help, open fire and was struck with a fatal shot at the scene. These officers has no chance. They are dead, their familes are forever ruined, and their fellow officers upset and angered because some two bit punk ass *****, didn't want to go to jail on a misdemeanor warrant.

    I'm saying it now. Enough playing around in this country. We lose an average of 140 officers every year to line of duty deaths. It's time we stopped playing games and made this a federal crime, punishable by the death penalty. The thought that these 2 people (shooter had an accomplice) are going to spend the rest of their lives inside a not so rough modern day Michigan prision at my tax dollar expense makes me sick.


    [img]http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0216/2850745_120X90.jpg[/img]
    Rest in Peace Officers Bowen and Fettig, your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow....thats terrible.

    I wish this forum got some more traffic, people are missing out on stuff like this.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@Feb 16 2004, 08:07 PM
    [b] wow....thats terrible.

    I wish this forum got some more traffic, people are missing out on stuff like this. [/b][/quote]
    I'm trying to stick to Sooth's wishes and keep the main forum Jets only, it's good for everyone.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

    I can honestly say I didnt even realize there were other forums besides the Jets one...im glad I did now though.

  5. #5
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm OK with the death penalty, but why only for cops?

    I say impose it for ALL murder with intent.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 16 2004, 09:40 PM
    [b] I'm OK with the death penalty, but why only for cops?

    I say impose it for ALL murder with intent. [/b][/quote]
    I'm right there with you Bob.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]www.odmp.org[/url]

    Read about cops killed in line of duty.


    The problem with the death penalty is that it is such a joke, who executes? Texas and Florida seem to have it down, but if you look, year after year they also have the most cops killed in LOD.

    Very frustrating, incidents like Detriot just want to make ME kill, his picture is great, looks like a smug little *****, exactly the type to carry a gun, because he aint s**t on the street without it.

    I dont know the details of his arrest, but I hope he resisted, ALOT.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 16 2004, 08:03 PM
    [b] We lose an average of 140 officers every year to line of duty deaths. [/b][/quote]
    The number is probably higher, and it is a damn shame. Another example of our liberalized justice system run amok. This dirtbag probably has a string of offenses and was given "one more chance" God knows how many times.

    I was going to tie this into my political beliefs, but I think it's quite clear to everyone why stuff like this happens (and it ain't 'cause a former governor of Texas deep-fried a record number of felons on death row).

    The only reason this cop killer shouldn't get the chair tomorrow is so they can find another thug of his ilk to sit on his lap when they pull the switch. Two for one will save the taxpayer on the electric bill!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Feb 17 2004, 01:19 PM
    [b] I was going to tie this into my political beliefs, but I think it's quite clear to everyone why stuff like this happens (and it ain't 'cause a former governor of Texas deep-fried a record number of felons on death row).
    [/b][/quote]
    Is it "quite clear"? Does anyone have a "quite clear" description of the suspect's previous arrest/conviction record? If it's a mile long like the scum in Florida who was back on the street to kidnap the girl, then I'd agree 100% with you that the justice system dropped the ball.

    Otherwise, I could just as easily politicize this by asking the question no right-winger wants to ever touch: why was this guy walking the streets and driving around with a loaded handgun, especially if he had any sort of previous arrest record? But since I'm not anti-gun per se, I have no interest in spinning and cheapening this tragedy just to hammer the same tired points about how some entire swath of society supposedly sympathizes with convicted criminals or trigger-happy gun nuts, because both stereotypes are complete bull****.

    I'm not an expert on the Michigan justice system, GoB ... do they not have a death penalty, and that is why you're Angry? What is the "max" life sentence or security prison you can get sent to for the biggest crimes in Mich? Because historically, the easiest way to get fried in any state that has capital punishment is to get convicted of cop killing, especially if you kill 2 with multiple shots which goes way beyond any feeble excuses of "accident" or manslaughter.

    I agree that the inconsistencies of capital punishment from state to state create a weird sense of "inequal justice" on a national level, and would be happier with an all-or-nothing solution -- or at least bumping clear-cut cases like cop killing in general (and this one in particular) to the "federal crime" designation. But it annoys me that anyone on this board would accuse liberals of sympathizing with this a**hole and what he did.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Feb 17 2004, 03:53 PM
    [b] Is it "quite clear"? Does anyone have a "quite clear" description of the suspect's previous arrest/conviction record? If it's a mile long like the scum in Florida who was back on the street to kidnap the girl, then I'd agree 100% with you that the justice system dropped the ball.

    Otherwise, I could just as easily politicize this by asking the question no right-winger wants to ever touch: why was this guy walking the streets and driving around with a loaded handgun, especially if he had any sort of previous arrest record? But since I'm not anti-gun per se, I have no interest in spinning and cheapening this tragedy just to hammer the same tired points about how some entire swath of society supposedly sympathizes with convicted criminals or trigger-happy gun nuts, because both stereotypes are complete bull****.

    I'm not an expert on the Michigan justice system, GoB ... do they not have a death penalty, and that is why you're Angry? What is the "max" life sentence or security prison you can get sent to for the biggest crimes in Mich? Because historically, the easiest way to get fried in any state that has capital punishment is to get convicted of cop killing, especially if you kill 2 with multiple shots which goes way beyond any feeble excuses of "accident" or manslaughter.

    I agree that the inconsistencies of capital punishment from state to state create a weird sense of "inequal justice" on a national level, and would be happier with an all-or-nothing solution -- or at least bumping clear-cut cases like cop killing in general (and this one in particular) to the "federal crime" designation. But it annoys me that anyone on this board would accuse liberals of sympathizing with this a**hole and what he did. [/b][/quote]
    Without even looking it up, I guarantee this scumbag had an arrest record a mile long. And if he had been in jail, he couldn't have killed those policemen, now could he have?

    I'll answer your question: if he's a felon, by LAW he shouldn't have a firearm -- PERIOD. Do you think he went to Wal-Mart to buy his gun after he legally applied for it?

    The laws aren't the problem. It's the [b]liberal[/b] ENFORCEMENT of them that is. But if you're so inclined, you could ban every gun in America. A violent criminal will still get them to carry out his dirty deeds. A drug dealer is not going to worry if his gun is legal or not!

    Don't get mad at me because the truth hurts.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liberal love passing laws.But try to enforce them and some Clinton or Carter appointee such as the 9th Circuit in California will tell you that there wasn't any probable cause.Carter appointee Harold Baer ruled that a suspect who, when observed by police packing bale-sized bags of likely narcotics into the trunk of a car with out-of-state plates on a Manhattan street, ran away from the cops, was justified in fleeing police and suppressed the narcotics.I could probably start typing about more outrages now and not ever finish . When police are totally unjustifed and violate people's rights, they do need to be reigned in. But the courts under some of these lunatic judges are way beyond the pale.

    For the longest time in New York, anyone carrying a loaded handgun on even a first arrest was suspposed to get a guaranteed 1 year upstate jail sentence. And judges, DAs and defense lawyers pretty much did everything they could to see that it was ignored. Liberals seem to assume that someone who's a criminal to begin with is suddenly going to act rationally and be deterd by fear of a prison sentence. Dream on.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Feb 17 2004, 03:53 PM
    [b]

    I'm not an expert on the Michigan justice system, GoB ... do they not have a death penalty, and that is why you're Angry? What is the "max" life sentence or security prison you can get sent to for the biggest crimes in Mich? Because historically, the easiest way to get fried in any state that has capital punishment is to get convicted of cop killing, especially if you kill 2 with multiple shots which goes way beyond any feeble excuses of "accident" or manslaughter. [/b][/quote]
    JSJ,

    No death penalty in Michigan, and I don't think there will ever be one. The maximum sentence this guy could get for 2 Murder One verdicts is 2 consecutive life terms in prision without parole. He will go to a maxiumu security prision, probably Jackson, or Marquette, and live out the life as a prision hero, being known as the guy who offed 2 cops, all at mine at other taxpayer's expense. That's what makes me so Angry. These two officers are dead and this guy will live to 100 on my tax dollar, instead of paying the true price for his crime. It's not just Police Officers in that equation, but I guess it hits home more because they were officers. Any type of cold blooded killing like this against anyone should result in death, in my humble, very strong personal opinion.


    On a funny/sad/unbelievable note, tonight at work I made a traffic stop on a lady in her 40s. While I'm in the car running her, the dumb ass gets out of her car and starts walking towards me. I hopped out of my car and started basically screaming at her to get back in. I went back up there after calming down and asked her if she was aware of what happend to the Detroit officers the other day. She had no clue. No clue that 2 cops had just been shot and killed by a guy who had gotten out of his car and walked up on the officers while inside it. I'm sure if her stocks took a hit, she would have known though. I didn't know whether to strangle her or express my condolences on her labotomy.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]"Today, the Detroit Police Department lost 2 officers because some a**hole didn't want to go to jail on a pathetic little misdemeanor narcotics warrant. This guy hopped out of his car, and immediately opened fire on the 2 officers while they sat in their car, firing a total of 22 rounds of .40 cal ammunition. The female officer was hit instantly and after a brief struggle, died today in the hospital. The male officer was hit, able to get out, call for help, open fire and was struck with a fatal shot at the scene. These officers has no chance. They are dead, their familes are forever ruined, and their fellow officers upset and angered because some two bit punk ass *****, didn't want to go to jail on a misdemeanor warrant.

    I'm saying it now. Enough playing around in this country. We lose an average of 140 officers every year to line of duty deaths. It's time we stopped playing games and made this a federal crime, punishable by the death penalty. The thought that these 2 people (shooter had an accomplice) are going to spend the rest of their lives inside a not so rough modern day Michigan prision at my tax dollar expense makes me sick. "[/b]

    Guns,

    What was the reason for the stop?

    I've heard nothing about this incident, until now.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetworld[/i]@Feb 18 2004, 03:19 AM
    [b] Guns,

    What was the reason for the stop?

    I've heard nothing about this incident, until now. [/b][/quote]
    They were pulling the guy over for a mere traffic violation. While they were back in the car running his ID through the in-car computer, the guy got out of his car and opened fire from point blank range with a .40 cal. He struck the female officer in the head and upper body numerous times. The male officer was able to get out and briefly exchange gunfire with the suspect as he fled. The suspect then returned, somehow managed to shoot the male officer, killing him instantly, stold his service weapon and fled.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    another alarming thing to me is that the NYPD officer, who shot and killed a teenager on the roof of a house in Brooklyn is NOT even getting indicted.

    I find this rather puzzling. The shooting was completly unjustified.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@Feb 18 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] another alarming thing to me is that the NYPD officer, who shot and killed a teenager on the roof of a house in Brooklyn is NOT even getting indicted.

    I find this rather puzzling. The shooting was completly unjustified. [/b][/quote]
    What happend?


    link????

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno Guns, sounds like shoddy police work also played a huge role in the deaths of those two officers.

    The facts still aren't clear. Did the thug hop out of his car and immediately shoot, as you stated, or did he walk up to the car and shoot at point-blank range, as you also stated?

    How does one "two bit punk ass *****" take out two professionally trained law enforcement officers? What the hell were the cops doing? Maybe it's time the DPD stops issuing guns and uniforms to every "Jessica Lynch" case who needs a job.

    Not that I'm siding with the felon here, but it's funny how you can minimize the reality of going to jail on a "pathetic little misdemeanor narcotics warrant," when at the same time, two crime fighting officers were so horny to write a minor traffic citation.

    Personally, I wish cops would lay off the minor traffic violators, unless they create a positively dangerous situation. I'll never have any respect for cops who, for example, waste their time stopping a motorist whose wheels were slightly rolling at a stop sign. Prissy faggot sh-t like that makes me wanna shove their guns up their asses, and squeeze off a few rounds.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetworld[/i]@Feb 18 2004, 02:29 PM
    [b] I dunno Guns, sounds like shoddy police work also played a huge role in the deaths of those two officers.

    The facts still aren't clear. Did the thug hop out of his car and immediately shoot, as you stated, or did he walk up to the car and shoot at point-blank range, as you also stated?

    How does one "two bit punk ass *****" take out two professionally trained law enforcement officers? What the hell were the cops doing? Maybe it's time the DPD stops issuing guns and uniforms to every "Jessica Lynch" case who needs a job.

    Not that I'm siding with the felon here, but it's funny how you can minimize the reality of going to jail on a "pathetic little misdemeanor narcotics warrant," when at the same time, two crime fighting officers were so horny to write a minor traffic citation.

    Personally, I wish cops would lay off the minor traffic violators, unless they create a positively dangerous situation. I'll never have any respect for cops who, for example, waste their time stopping a motorist whose wheels were slightly rolling at a stop sign. Prissy faggot sh-t like that makes me wanna shove their guns up their asses, and squeeze off a few rounds. [/b][/quote]
    Jetworld.......


    You're an f-ing idiot. Evidently your garbage driving record and frequent interaction with the police on the highways continues to cloud what little brain you have. We've already had this discussion about the traffic stops, tickets and the like and we already concluded that you think the freeway is your personal autobahn, and you think you should be able to drive as reckless as you'd like. Boo hoo crybaby. Learn how to drive.

    Yeah the 2 officers messed up. but there's no use badmouthing their corpses in front of their grieving families right now is there, unless it's you who seems to get off on police dying.

    The officer in the passenger seat typically has the responsibility of watching the vehicle and nothing more, while his/her partner writes the ticket or runs the ops through the system. Plenty of times, I've sat in the passenger seat with my gun out because there is way too much movement going on inside the car for my comfort, up til now, it's always been nothing. Unfortunately, one of the cops greatest enemies, complacency took over and cost them their lives.

    When that guy's car door opened the one of the officers should have jumped out with his gun drawn, plain and simple. But they weren't paying attention and they lost their lives. The typical distance between vehicles in a traffic stop is 2 car lenghts. When getting fired upon with a .40, that is point blank enough.

    And I doubt the officers were wring a "Jetsworld Memorial Traffic Citation" jackmule, they were running the guy to see if he had warrants, allowing them to do some further digging inside the car, i.e. look for drugs,e tc. That's what good proactive police officers do, they dig and find it before it happens, they don't sit like firemen inside a house waiting to be called. In your little world, officers would do nothing short of witnessing a CSC or a murder.


    As for your desire to squeeze a couple rounds up officers' asses, you know where I live and where I work. Anytime you're up for it just let me know. U best pack a lunch.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetworld[/i]@Feb 18 2004, 01:29 PM
    [b] I dunno Guns, sounds like shoddy police work also played a huge role in the deaths of those two officers.

    The facts still aren't clear. Did the thug hop out of his car and immediately shoot, as you stated, or did he walk up to the car and shoot at point-blank range, as you also stated?

    How does one "two bit punk ass *****" take out two professionally trained law enforcement officers? What the hell were the cops doing? Maybe it's time the DPD stops issuing guns and uniforms to every "Jessica Lynch" case who needs a job.

    Not that I'm siding with the felon here, but it's funny how you can minimize the reality of going to jail on a "pathetic little misdemeanor narcotics warrant," when at the same time, two crime fighting officers were so horny to write a minor traffic citation.

    Personally, I wish cops would lay off the minor traffic violators, unless they create a positively dangerous situation. I'll never have any respect for cops who, for example, waste their time stopping a motorist whose wheels were slightly rolling at a stop sign. Prissy faggot sh-t like that makes me wanna shove their guns up their asses, and squeeze off a few rounds. [/b][/quote]
    JW-
    Your last sentence speaks volumes about you, but I'll try to enlighten you anyway.

    I believe the cops were record-checking the suspect via in car computer, which would have turned up the warrant and resulted in his arrest, and additional charges when the weapon was found. The suspect knew his history, the cops didnt. Some guys out there arent interested in returning to jail and this one, probably with no foresight, thought there was only one way out of this "mess".

    As for minor traffic stops being a waste of time, suck on this. My unit of 18 guys recovered more than 140 firearms from the streets of NJ's biggest city in 2003. Know how we got them? Motor vehicle stops. No search warrants, no drug dealers out in the courtyard. MOTOR VEHICLE STOPS. Minor offenses often lead to major offenses.

    Guys who dont stop for lights or stop signs are also the ones who dont get a DL or insurance. Take it a step further, they arent interested in abiding by the law. Failed to stop peaks my interest, no DL, now I'm real interested. No insurance? Wow, here is a guy who certainly isnt stopping when he broadsides your Mother coming thru the green light, too much to lose, a bad guy in my eyes. Bad guys carry guns, bad guys rob people trying to do right.

    Any of this making sense yet?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me just say that the last sentance of Jetworld's post was pure JACKASSERY and i would never in a million years condone such behavior - when you make a post like that it serves no purpose but to piss people off.

    --

    i will say that for far too many precincts, issuing moving violations often amount to nothing more than municipal tax collection. Its one thing in Newark or Detroit... where YES the moving violations can lead to bigger things -

    but in little towns like where i went to school (Brunswick, ME) there are 30 brand new crusiers in a town of 15,000 and their only purpose is to drive around looking for the out-of-state plate with a headlight thats out or going 29 mph in a 25. there the "bigger things" consist of taking a person downtown for having an expired registration. (and no it never happened to me or even any1 i knew). This is a town that averages one homocide every 5 years (and its state-wide news...). I mean yeah occasionally they pick up a local DWI and that's a positive thing ...

    im not saying that law and order are bad things (cause they CLEARLY aren't) but many times the idea of public safety get trotted about when really its more about municipal revenue.

    oh yeah and im still waiting for an answer RE: the NYPD cop - even though it wasn't Murder 1 (or 2) why isn't it criminal negigence or manslaughter when you shoot a man in the chest on accident? Cause he's a cop? :blink:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us