Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97

Thread: Killing A Police Officer Should Be A Federal Crime

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Mar 1 2004, 10:26 AM
    [b] Good one, Bro-ham. Welcome back Tail. B)

    How was the trip? [/b][/quote]
    Thanks, we had a really good time.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    It's nice to get away, even if for only a bit of time.

    I'd like to get to Cairo at some point.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Mar 1 2004, 10:48 AM
    [b] It's nice to get away, even if for only a bit of time.

    I'd like to get to Cairo at some point. [/b][/quote]
    Cairo was interesting and all and we were thrilled to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx at Giza, but I just don't think I'd ever be interested in visiting there again. The language was a huge barrier in Egypt. The people there expect you speak arabic, and if like me you don't it can make it rather difficult.

    However, Morocco was simply enchanting. From Tangier on the Strait of Gibraltar to Marrakesh at the foot of the Atlas Mountains it was simply charming. Rabat is a surprisingly cosmopolitan city and there are no words to describe Casablanca. I just wish we had more time there. I guess we'll just have to go back.

    This trip was totally opposite from what I expected. I never expected Morocco to be so lovely and Egypt wasn't all that I hoped for.

    Anyway, it is good to be back home.

  4. #44
    Exactly as I predicted 2 weeks ago, tail. Tangier is one of my dream vacation spots. I do HAVE to see the Pyramids before I die, but I'm holding out for a better stability and culture in Egypt to make a Cairo visit safer and more worthwhile.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    I wanted to revisit this thread once again, regarding traffic stops, and what role they play in society.

    Some posters *****ed about how cops write tickets for no reason , and its not really breaking the law, etc..etc..

    Last week my partner and I observed a vehicle with SC plates (in NJ), occupied by 4 young men, none of whom were wearing a seatbelt, as required by NJ law.

    We checked the plate and found it was not a stolen auto, which we focus on, and notified our task force of our direction so that we could execute a MV stop in our normal fashion, which is to box in vehicles so they cannot escape, eliminating potential pursuits.

    When our units had converged we made our stop without incident, catching the occupants by surprise.

    Upon approaching the auto we encountered the rear seat driver side passenger with a single barrel sawed-off shotgun standing up between his legs. We subsequently recovered a .38 revolver from the front seat passenger. Both 17 year olds were arrested without incident, no shots were fired.

    All involved were transported to the homocide squad for further investigation where we learned that less than 24 earlier, less than a mile from where we first encountered the auto, a man was killed after being shot through his neck with a shotgun slug, identical to the slug recovered from the weapon we recovered. I am not privy to the ballistic reports on the weapon, so I dont know if it was a match to the murder.

    The point is that a simple MV stop for failing to wear a seatbelt resulted in the recovery of 2 weapons (which undoubghtly were going to be used in the commision of other crime(s) during the course of that night or another), and may have solved or provided additional information in a homocide.

    And yes, the driver was issued 2 tickets to top it off...

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Mar 28 2004, 08:51 PM
    [b] I wanted to revisit this thread once again, regarding traffic stops, and what role they play in society.

    Some posters *****ed about how cops write tickets for no reason , and its not really breaking the law, etc..etc..

    Last week my partner and I observed a vehicle with SC plates (in NJ), occupied by 4 young men, none of whom were wearing a seatbelt, as required by NJ law.

    We checked the plate and found it was not a stolen auto, which we focus on, and notified our task force of our direction so that we could execute a MV stop in our normal fashion, which is to box in vehicles so they cannot escape, eliminating potential pursuits.

    When our units had converged we made our stop without incident, catching the occupants by surprise.

    Upon approaching the auto we encountered the rear seat driver side passenger with a single barrel sawed-off shotgun standing up between his legs. We subsequently recovered a .38 revolver from the front seat passenger. Both 17 year olds were arrested without incident, no shots were fired.

    All involved were transported to the homocide squad for further investigation where we learned that less than 24 earlier, less than a mile from where we first encountered the auto, a man was killed after being shot through his neck with a shotgun slug, identical to the slug recovered from the weapon we recovered. I am not privy to the ballistic reports on the weapon, so I dont know if it was a match to the murder.

    The point is that a simple MV stop for failing to wear a seatbelt resulted in the recovery of 2 weapons (which undoubghtly were going to be used in the commision of other crime(s) during the course of that night or another), and may have solved or provided additional information in a homocide.

    And yes, the driver was issued 2 tickets to top it off... [/b][/quote]
    Jesus.......


    Glad you guys got through it ok. Imagine if you had been without your partner.......

  7. #47
    Ok ..... here it comes @#%$%$##$#$%%##$##
    Are you #$%&ing kidding me.

    Here are two quotes I read before getting really pissed.

    1. "Sounds like shotty police work that got two cobs killed"..... What the F^%$ does that have to do with it we don't Are you telling me that it was all right for that scum bag to killing a cop because someone make a mistake.

    2. " what was the reason for pulling the guy over".... who the hell care If thay pulled this scumbag over for picking His nose ....I don't give a s$%# they are dead.
    People Protest all the time when a cop shoot someone
    ...where are the protesters when a someone kills a cop.
    Sorry boys ..... As the old saying goes If they are willing to kill a Poilce Officer they will kill anyone.

    .......Please stupid question like the ones i pointed out deserve one answer....... SHUT THE #$%& UP.

    "Rest in Peace Brothers "

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Greenblood, I take it you missed this thread the first time around??

    Guns, I see a cop was killed in MV accident in Clinton Coutny up there in Michigan. Near you?

  9. #49
    I got's pissed I stopped reading........ in the past 12 years we've lost several .... I knew all these guys but Kelly. I think about them often and I live every day knowing that their are inherent dangers to the Job. But that does not mean that society has to except it. If we do then it's the end of us all.



    Investigator Ricky J. Parisian
    May 20, 1994
    Died of a shotgun wound to his chest, while attempting to single handedly stop an armed robbery in the Great American Supermarket, in the Town of Oneonta. Investigator Parisian while shopping with his wife observed a masked man attempting to rob the store. Parisian's first action was to send his wife to the rear of the store, with instructions to tell employees and customers to escape through the rear of the building. Once the other store occupants were safe, Parisian, alone and unarmed charged the shotgun wielding robber. They struggled, then fell through a plate glass window at the front of the store. The gunman fired a single blast from a sawed-off .410 gauge shotgun into Parisian's chest. Mortally wounded, Parisian continued to grapple with the robber until the investigator collapsed from the loss of blood. The gunman fled the store on foot with proceeds from the robbery, leaving behind the shotgun and several articles of clothing. Parisian died at the scene. The ownership of the gun was traced to the robbers father, and within 48 hours of Parisian's death the suspect Colin M. Hyde was arrested in Denver Colorado, where he had flown to avoid apprehension.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Nathaniel Burroughs
    February 14, 1997
    Died while investigating a 1 car motor vehicle accident. Trooper Burroughs was standing in front of the vehicle that had been involved in the accident, when a tractor trailer lost control and struck the vehicle. The impact caused the vehicle to strike and kill Trooper Burroughs.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Fabio Buttitta
    August 24, 1997
    Trooper Fabio Buttitta, 31, was killed on August 24, 1997, on Bay Shore Road, Town of Babylon. He had just completed his tour of duty and was on his way home when his vehicle was struck head-on by another vehicle operated by an impaired driver.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Truscott M. Kelly
    May 31, 2000
    Died when the marked patrol vehicle that he was operating was struck broad side by a tractor trailer in the Town of Hurley. Also killed at this time was Trooper Kenneth A. Poormon, a passenger in Kelly's vehicle.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Kenneth A. Poormon
    May 31, 2000
    See Trooper Truscott M. Kelly - above.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Lawrence P. Gleason
    February 11, 2002
    Trooper Lawrence P. Gleason was shot to death at the scene of a domestic dispute at a residence in the town of Crown Point, Essex County. Trooper Gleason had responded to the residence upon a complaint by a 36-year-old woman, that her ex-boyfriend, had menaced her with a knife. The boyfriend had departed the residence before Trooper Gleason's arrival, but returned and shot Trooper Gleason in the back with a 30-caliber rifle. The boyfriend then shot and killed the complainant before taking his own life.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Trooper Robert W. Ambrose
    December 19, 2002
    Trooper Robert W. Ambrose was in his Troop car parked on the shoulder of I-87, investigating a 2 car motor vehicle accident, when a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed struck another vehicle, careened off of that car and struck the Troop car from behind. This caused a chain reaction accident with the Troop car bursting into flames. Attempts to free Trooper Ambrose from the burning vehicle were futile.


    God Bless them all... we miss you.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Mar 29 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] Greenblood, I take it you missed this thread the first time around??

    Guns, I see a cop was killed in MV accident in Clinton Coutny up there in Michigan. Near you? [/b][/quote]
    No. Clinton County is about an hour and a half NW of here, near St. Johns which is north of Lansing.

    Word we got was he was responding to backup another car and crashed en route.

    Police Cars are nothing but coffins on wheels at times.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Greenblood, if I recall correctly, the death of Trooper Ambrose was the final straw leading to the correction of flaws in the crown vic, after many protests

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Mar 29 2004, 06:47 PM
    [b] Greenblood, if I recall correctly, the death of Trooper Ambrose was the final straw leading to the correction of flaws in the crown vic, after many protests [/b][/quote]
    We are in the process of getting our new fleet in right now, complete with the Kevlar trunk liners. I'll give Ford Credit, they've made a number of positive changes to this year's fleet.

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    2,411
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Mar 1 2004, 10:05 AM
    [b] The wide spread use of the death penalty in the United States has only served to cheapen the value of life in our country.

    Isn't it interesting that the murder rate is so high in Detroit, MI, yet only a short drive across the Detroit River is Windsor, Ontario where people live in relative safety.

    In regard to gun violence there is definitely a defect in the American culture. [/b][/quote]
    [img]http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10045000/10045771.jpg[/img]

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,716
    Anyone that kills deserves to die!!!!!!! Nuff said!

  15. #55
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Mar 29 2004, 09:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Mar 29 2004, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stewdawg[/i]@Mar 29 2004, 06:47 PM
    [b] Greenblood, if I recall correctly, the death of Trooper Ambrose was the final straw leading to the correction of flaws in the crown vic, after many protests [/b][/quote]
    We are in the process of getting our new fleet in right now, complete with the Kevlar trunk liners. I&#39;ll give Ford Credit, they&#39;ve made a number of positive changes to this year&#39;s fleet. [/b][/quote]
    Robert was a great guy .... he was a young and well liked he never had a chance to prove how good a Trooper he could be. Right after the Crash word spread that he Burned alive. It was the first time I was glad to here someone was so badly hurt by the impact that he did not feel a thing.

    As for that trunk liner I installed the very first one ever. I still disagree with taking ripping bars out of the cars. They are for more then just pulling deer out of roads. The res-Q-me tool can&#39;t pry open a door.
    Ford hate&#39;s us ...

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Ready for a sickening story.

    An officer in Northern Michigan had a head on collision with a car that was going SB in the NB lanes of a divided highway earlier this year or last year. The resulting accident was so bad that the officer was trapped and his car caught fire. While it wasn&#39;t published, some MSP Troopers I&#39;ve talked to said the officer committed suicide in his car rather than be burned alive.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Mar 30 2004, 12:56 AM
    [b] Ready for a sickening story.

    An officer in Northern Michigan had a head on collision with a car that was going SB in the NB lanes of a divided highway earlier this year or last year. The resulting accident was so bad that the officer was trapped and his car caught fire. While it wasn&#39;t published, some MSP Troopers I&#39;ve talked to said the officer committed suicide in his car rather than be burned alive. [/b][/quote]
    man, I cant believe that, just horrible.

  18. #58
    Years ago two Texas Highway patrolman came upon a One car ... The driver was trapped but alive then the car started to burn and the officers did everything they could but without cutting tools they had no chance of getting the guy out. As the flames started to burn the driver he begged them to shoot him. He&#39;d sreamed for them to end his pain. But they could do nothing but listen to him die.
    Both officers were hunted by this incident and only lasted another year on the job.

    I often ask myself what I would do if it were me&#33;

    The humane thing would have been to shoot the guy and end his pain&#33;..... Yeah right, the law suits would be unreal and I be fried by the libral press.
    What would you do?

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    wow, this thread has taken a turn for the worse, huh?

    I went to [url]www.ODMP.org[/url] to look up Michigan cops killed in MV accidents, but could&#39;nt find anything meeting Guns description, but it made me wonder, its unthinkable (To humans) but would a lawyer ever take on a case like that to contest death benefits, saying the cop comitted suicide, thus insurance doesnt apply? Could you imagine?

    As for the Texas incident, they didnt do it, but if they did, and there was NO CHANCE of fire dept getting there, or sudden hurricane type rain, would anybody really fault them?

    There was a car in Newark about 2 years ago that crashed exiting Rt 280 and hit a parked car, bursting into flames, trapping 2 people, one of whom was paralysed (before accident). The witnesses said it was the worst thing they ever saw and heard as the people perished.

  20. #60
    Maybe not in Texas ... but if that happend in NY. Sure as s**t they would.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us