Thread: Maddex so to be a Yankee?

Can it be?

All Pro
    Can you post a link please?

I just heard it on the fox-5 news...said A-Rod and Maddex have the same agent

Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 16 2004, 10:05 PM
    I just heard it on the fox-5 news...said A-Rod and Maddex have the same agent
    Just heard it myself ... on Fox 5 News ... Maddux to the Yankees is in the works

Maxman
    Scott Boras represents both of these guys (Travis Lee as well). If the Yankees give him a one or two year deal that is fine. Anything beyond that is just insanity.

Certainly Boras was the driving force behind the AROD deal (getting the concession for a position change) so some sort of payback is expected. But I hope they don't go to far with this. Maddux is not a money pitcher.

All Pro
    Jesus Christ, are the Yanks tapping into the Federal Reserve to get the money to pay these players??????

Maxman
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 17 2004, 12:19 AM
    are the Yanks tapping into the Federal Reserve to get the money to pay these players??????
    The Yankees have the highest ticket and concession prices in the game. And they average 42,000 per game last season. Expect that number to go up.

Maddux will be a yankee.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 17 2004, 12:59 AM
    Maddux will be a yankee.
    I think you are right. I know you hate him, smizz, but I think this is a very nice pick up for the yanks. Provided he finds his old form.

Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 17 2004, 12:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Feb 17 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mavrik@Feb 17 2004, 12:19 AM
    are the Yanks tapping into the Federal Reserve to get the money to pay these players??????
    The Yankees have the highest ticket and concession prices in the game. And they average 42,000 per game last season. Expect that number to go up. [/b][/quote]
    The Yanks announced last week that they passed the 2 million mark in ticket sales for 2004. This is ahead of last year&#39;s pace. This is before A-Rod, so I think things will pick up. Add in the extra sales of merchandise, and more advertising on YES, and this deal will pay for itself several times over. This allows the Yanks to attempt to get other players they need.

It&#39;s called investing in oneself.

Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 17 2004, 12:59 AM
    Maddux will be a yankee.
    For some reason, I&#39;m not completely sold on him coming here, in spite of his pitching history.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007+Feb 17 2004, 09:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Feb 17 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Feb 17 2004, 12:59 AM
    Maddux will be a yankee.
    For some reason, I&#39;m not completely sold on him coming here, in spite of his pitching history. [/b][/quote]
    He is old and had a bad year last year. He is not a workhorse. Cashman said this is not going to happen so I wouldn&#39;t worry about it.