Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hay Patsie fans......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

6 World Series in 7 years.

Now that's one to shoot for.

It's good to be the KING! :lol:

Considering the Yanks are in an economic system that is unbalanced and the Patriots are in one that promotes parity. That accomplishment means anothing.

Sorry to rain on the Yanks parade.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 17 2004, 12:39 PM

Sorry to rain on the Yanks parade.
    No rain here in Yankeeville.....just sunny skies, and STARS everywhere :lol:

The best team money can buy is 0-3. You better hope they win. George might have an anneurism if they do not and sell the team to a penny pincher like Woody.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey Sawx fans.....

It's nice to have ownership committed to winning....no matter what the cost!!

More griping from the Scapegoat Nation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Still: The Patriots are reigning Champs.....and on a Jets Board, that's all that really matters, don't yah think?

Maxman
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Feb 17 2004, 03:42 PM
    Still: The Patriots are reigning Champs.....and on a Jets Board, that's all that really matters, don't yah think?
    Ha...this is the baseball subsection of a Jets board. So the Yankees are all that matters here.

Thanks for the new format Sooth.

Only on Patsfans.com does anyone give a poop about the Pats :lol:

All Pro
    They aren't dynasties if you buy the championships

So how come in Boston, where you just win a super bowl, all that you hear about are Yankees, Yankees, etc.?

Could it be that a super bowl is insignificant up there? And Baseball is the main event, so to speak. And the Yankees eat your lunch every year regarding Baseball issues.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 17 2004, 05:45 PM
    They aren't dynasties if you buy the championships
    So if Vina, Guillen and IROD lead the Tigers to the World Series then it won't count I guess?

Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 17 2004, 10:33 PM

So if Vina, Guillen and IROD lead the Tigers to the World Series then it won't count I guess?
    Face it Max, they could 5 A Rod contrcats and still be one hundred million behind.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Feb 17 2004, 07:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Feb 17 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maxman@Feb 17 2004, 10:33 PM

So if Vina, Guillen and IROD lead the Tigers to the World Series then it won&#39;t count I guess?
    Face it Max, they could 5 A Rod contrcats and still be one hundred million behind. [/b][/quote]
    True that. But the Tigers had their time. It was called the Jack Morris era.

If it weren&#39;t for collusion Jack Morris would have been a Yankee and Rickey Henderson, Don Mattingly and Dave Winfield would have all won a WS in the Bronx.

I am still bitter over that so I have no remorse over any payroll related matters.

Hey if the Tigers buy their way to a five hundred record it should be considered a major sucess.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 17 2004, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Feb 17 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mavrik@Feb 17 2004, 05:45 PM
    They aren&#39;t dynasties if you buy the championships
    So if Vina, Guillen and IROD lead the Tigers to the World Series then it won&#39;t count I guess? [/b][/quote]
    And what do you propose the Tigers do? Continue their decades old "5 year plan" for rebuilding through the system? We&#39;ve tried that, and and the result is with Randy Smith completely decimating our minor league farm and later on having to field a bunch of AA and AAA players on a major league roster. That is why we lost 119 games. Illitch and the team can&#39;t afford to lose another 119. SO that had to make some moves to keep fans from either turning away or burning Comerica Park to the ground.

Do you honestly think those guys are going to lead them to a world series anyway???

Maxman
    Originally posted by Mavrik+Feb 17 2004, 08:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mavrik @ Feb 17 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Feb 17 2004, 06:33 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mavrik
    @Feb 17 2004, 05:45 PM
    They aren&#39;t dynasties if you buy the championships

So if Vina, Guillen and IROD lead the Tigers to the World Series then it won&#39;t count I guess?
    And what do you propose the Tigers do? Continue their decades old "5 year plan" for rebuilding through the system? We&#39;ve tried that, and and the result is with Randy Smith completely decimating our minor league farm and later on having to field a bunch of AA and AAA players on a major league roster. That is why we lost 119 games. Illitch and the team can&#39;t afford to lose another 119. SO that had to make some moves to keep fans from either turning away or burning Comerica Park to the ground.

Do you honestly think those guys are going to lead them to a world series anyway??? [/b][/quote]
    I say the Tigers are the team to beat.

Only busting man. I do like the IROD signing. The guy has a ton of heart. He makes the pitching staff better. Losing out on Tejada is not the end of the world especially in their park.

I really haven&#39;t gotten over 1984 yet. I was all pumped before the season. And after 17 days the Yankees were like 55 games out. I didn&#39;t think it was possible. I guess the Tigers played a bunch of triple headers early in the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Grasping at straws, my boy. 1.5 Million fans came out to say a collective "thanks" to the Patriots. Where exactly was the Red Sox stuff you speak of? I was there and saw nothing, heard nothing in regards to the Red Sox during the Pats playoff and sb run.

So now, with pitchers and catchers reporting THIS week - and the whole A-ROD thing happening - Red Sox Nation is supposed to what? Not discuss it?

Trust me, the fandom is still glowing in the aftermath of the SB CHampionship - yet, most have moved on to baseball season - it is baseball season, right? Perhaps you don&#39;t understand.....some of you still gloat about a measly division championship that happened over a year ago.

And you all claim the Boston fans are obsessed.

I hate the Pats. But I have to give them credit, they actually have to devise a strategy unlike the Yankees. The Pats success to me is more impressive than buying a pennant.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Rocky Klever@Feb 18 2004, 11:43 AM
    I hate the Pats. But I have to give them credit, they actually have to devise a strategy unlike the Yankees. The Pats success to me is more impressive than buying a pennant.
    Which WS victory did the Yankees buy?