Thread: Welcome A-Rod :O)

All League
    Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that instead of celebrating a Super Bowl victory, the city of Boston spent a full week yelling the Yankees suck.
    Well, Sawx fans.... A-Rod is here in the Big Apple. Your crappy little team will never beat the Yankees. So, instead of crying, just bend over and take it, like you have been taking it for th epast 85 years. And, if you are nice, we'll use some "prison lube" to make things a little more comfortable;O)
    LOL! :o

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

was in DC last weekend & read Kornheiser's column..he said Boston fans better enjoy the Patriots win cause its the last one title they'll see for a long time lol

Fella's...you do realize there is a whole BaseBall forum with many ,many ARod threads....got check it out.

Banned
    Originally posted by #90@Feb 17 2004, 01:59 PM
    Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that instead of celebrating a Super Bowl victory, the city of Boston spent a full week yelling the Yankees suck.
    Super Bowl victories are getting a little boring.

Boston fans aren't happy unless they have something to ***** about.

Practice Squad
    It's nice to see that Yankee fans can accept their good fortune with such class.

All Pro
    I'm a Mets fan and I know I'm supposed to hate the Yanks, but anything that makes you chowder-eating idiots Angry/sad is okay by me. Have a great season A-Rod.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A Rod is a huge star and all but how much does his addition help the Yankees given the cost of soriano?

wouldnt you rather have Soriano and Boone over A Rod and a glove at second?

A Rods fifty homer years were helped by the park in Texas and will be hurt by the stadium while Sorianos had to deal with the stadium as a righty batter

I know A Rod is the better player but how much did the Yankees improve for the hug difference in cost to payroll?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As long as it hurts Red Sawx Nation.....the trade was worth it.

You know what....that trade KILLED RSN :lol:

I love how the stereotype is Boston's obsession with New York....some of you guys post about 12 times a day about how much you hate Boston, it's fans, all their teams, politicians (I'm with you there), the clam chowder, etc...

Good Lord, get a hobby or something.

Originally posted by gmogmo@Feb 17 2004, 02:22 PM
    I love how the stereotype is Boston's obsession with New York....some of you guys post about 12 times a day about how much you hate Boston, it's fans, all their teams, politicians (I'm with you there), the clam chowder, etc...

Good Lord, get a hobby or something.
    Actually, NY's politicians aren't all that great either. Rudy was fine, but there's not much else here to like in the political world.

All Pro
    Another silver lining: This A-Rod fiasco made us realize that Ben Affleck needs to be stopped. I loved "Good Will Hunting" as much as anyone, but did you see him ranting and raving at the Daytona 500? Since when did Ben Affleck become The Voice of Red Sox Fans? Who nominated him? Would a true Sox fan ever propose to a chick with a big ass from the Bronx? In a million years? I really think we should vote on this -- let's have an election and everything. Ben Affleck needs to be stopped. I'm not kidding.

Hall Of Fame
    Mabe it's just me, but I think Affleck's performance in Good Will Hunting was mediocre at best. That movie was Matt Damon's coming out party. Enough with Ben Affleck already. Over hyped, over exposed, just over.

Still, check out Dogma.....pretty funny.