View Poll Results: How long does Jeter stay at SS?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Star Break

1 16.67%
  • 1 Year

2 33.33%
  • Until he retires

1 16.67%
  • Until he boots his first grounder on opening day

2 33.33%

Thread: How long does Jeter stay at SS?

Looking for a serious discussion. As much as you all love him, A-Rod is the far better SS. I think it is one year. Next off season his tranistions over to 3B.

Hall Of Fame
    He'll remain SS, but when he boots a few balls the pressure will be ON. Think the NY media will not be all over him? The pressure on him and on this team to win the WS is immense. Steinbrenner has seen to that. Awesome team, superb lineup, now they have to deliver.

Hall Of Fame
    It's an all-star line-up. Who cares about a few errors with all the run production they will have? They will win the division handily.

Seriously..I think Jeter will watch ARod take balls are year at third...then next year he will offer to move to second..so George can go get Eric Chavez to play third....

Maxman
    This poll is silly. Jeter is not built to play 3rd. AROD is better at SS but Jeter is not a 3B. What is the biggest knock on Jeter? His first step.

Well at 3B the first step is pretty crucial since the ball gets to you much quicker.

Besides this is a mute point. AROD is staying at 3B, Jeter is staying at SS. Next year Nomar will play 2nd.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is another bunch of crap made up by Sawx fans.....

Those of us who watch the Yankees everyday know DJ is one HELL of a fielder!!

Is Arod great? Sure...but DJ is no chopped liver!!

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Feb 17 2004, 05:11 PM
    This is another bunch of crap made up by Sawx fans.....

Those of us who watch the Yankees everyday know DJ is one HELL of a fielder!!

Is Arod great? Sure...but DJ is no chopped liver!!
    You are right. But after every missed play or error on the road, expect to hear cries of "A-ROD!". The pressure has been kicked up a notch here, and the pressure is more on jeter to perform than Alex. Not that Jeter hasn't handled pressure well already. They'll be fine, it just makes this season that much more exciting. If they pull it off, their supposed to, but if they implode then it will make ratings for MLB go through the roof!

Goddamn I want the season to start already!

Once jeter boots a few or boots one tha causes a loss man you are gonna hear the A ROD chants....

everyone knows that A rod is a better fielder than DJ. However, DJ is clutch when hitting in playoffs...

so we will see

LL

Let me make one feeble attempt at offering a serious answer ... one that does not feed into the hopes of bad tidings for the NY Yankees by virtue of animosity and jealousy ... but a serious baseball analysis for the reason this move {Arod to 3rd and Jeter at SS} is the RIGHT ONE

1. Who is the better SS, Jeter or Arod? ... AROD

2. Does this mean Jeter is a bad SS? ... NOT EVEN CLOSE

So this move is about which player will make the better 3B, cause while one is the better SS, neither can be labled a defensive liability by anyone who views this with no ax to grind

So, who can be the better 3B?

IMO, Arod is far better equipped to make the move to 3B

He's the better instinctive athlete, and most scouts will tell you he has a quicker first step and his reactions are quicker ... he also has the stronger arm for the throws across the diamond ... and he's also far better adept at making the diving play then quickly getting to his feet to make the throw ... lastly, Jeter DID NOT have surgery on that dislocated shoulder and the risk of re-injury remains, thus 3B {which requires more diving for the ball drilled down the line} is not a good idea cause one wrong fall and Jeter could be lost for months

IMO, this is about the better candidate to play 3B ... not who's the better SS

And IMO, that man is AROD

Excellent Points GJH.

I was going to put a smart ass remark, but.....

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 17 2004, 07:48 PM
    Excellent Points GJH.

Thanks PFSIKH

For the record, there has been alot of teasing about this back and forth ... Yankee fans and RSN really gettin after one another, as it should be ... but the truth is, these two teams are absolutely stacked to the gills and I can hardly wait to see this thing unfold

I have never in my entire life, 70's included, seen these two teams more stacked and this rivalry more heated ... this is truly a CLASH OF THE TITANS

Man Oh Man Alive ... we Red Sox & Yankee fans are in for one GREAT SUMMER OF BASEBALL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Feb 17 2004, 09:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Feb 17 2004, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH@Feb 17 2004, 07:48 PM
    Excellent Points GJH.

Thanks PFSIKH

For the record, there has been alot of teasing about this back and forth ... Yankee fans and RSN really gettin after one another, as it should be ... but the truth is, these two teams are absolutely stacked to the gills and I can hardly wait to see this thing unfold

I have never in my entire life, 70&#39;s included, seen these two teams more stacked and this rivalry more heated ... this is truly a CLASH OF THE TITANS

Man Oh Man Alive ... we Red Sox & Yankee fans are in for one GREAT SUMMER OF BASEBALL [/b][/quote]
    Ham,

I respectfully disagree that this will be a summer to remember.

Too much negative air around RSN.

This thing should be over by July 4th....Yanks win this year by 20 games....the Sawx will duke it out with the Mariners and A&#39;s for the wild card.

This deal just deflated any and all hopes RSN had coming into this season.....now they have to face the guy they covitted(sp) 10 times this year...and for the next 10.

Talk about a dagger in the heart of RSN.

Screw &#39;em&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by JonEJet@Feb 17 2004, 09:18 PM
    Ham,

I respectfully disagree that this will be a summer to remember.

Too much negative air around RSN.

This thing should be over by July 4th....Yanks win this year by 20 games....the Sawx will duke it out with the Mariners and A&#39;s for the wild card.

This deal just deflated any and all hopes RSN had coming into this season.....now they have to face the guy they covitted(sp) 10 times this year...and for the next 10.

Talk about a dagger in the heart of RSN.

Screw &#39;em&#33;&#33;
    BIG JON, you may be right ... I certainly hope so

My idea of a fun race is the Yankees open up a 10 Game lead in May ... and slowly pull away from there

But seriously, I believe the Red Sox will need to stay on pace to exceed 100 Wins to even hang with the Yankees

Why so?

Cause this Yankee lineup is a modern day Murderers Row ... they will absolutely bludgeon bad pitching ... most teams have bad pitching ... so I can easily see the Yankees blasting their way towards 110 Wins, and maybe more

On most nights this team will OBLITERATE the opposing pitcher ... bank on it

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Assuming the team stays healthy...the Yanks should approach 120 wins.

15 will come from the 19 we play against the Red Sawx&#33;&#33;

Nomar will be a yankee too...

Hall Of Fame
    There is too much whining coming from a lot of Red Sox fans, and it is pissing me off. Stop your crying. We need Don Corleone to come striding up to Boston and slapping the Nation across the face and telling them to stop acting like a girl. We need baseball to start badly. Once RSN sees the quality it has on the field, all will be well. The media is really making a lot to do of the whines of the fans, and ESPN airs clips of calls from WEEI. After more time and thought, I&#39;m really okay with this A-Rod trade. We were never going to get him after the union nixed it (and I wasn&#39;t too comfortable with losing both Manny and Nomar), which only ever meant he&#39;d go to new york. It was Manny&#39;s contract being so big that killed it for Red Sox, as we&#39;d be paying for Manny after we traded him as well as absorbing A-Rod&#39;s contract. Don&#39;t think the Rangers get a dime from yanks to pay Soriano. I&#39;ve heard wild rumours of the Sox going after Soriano, but I think that is only coming from rabid Red Sox callers on sportstalk radio.

GJ&H is right, this is going to be a great summer of baseball.