Thread: Still need one more for fantasy baseball...

All Pro
    Hey guys-

Still lookin for one more for fantasy baseball. Currently, I have 9 people that have told me they want to play, with Jetsacuse being the last one. If anyone else wants to play, please send me a PM, If I can't find another person, Jetsacuse, you will not be able to play because Yahoo requires you have an even number of teams for a draft. But I'm sure it won't be a problem. Peace

Hall Of Fame
    Surely we can get one more. I hear a lot of baseball smack from people around here, so we can't be short on candidates.

Im in...but i never played before...rules?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 17 2004, 04:38 PM
    Im in...but i never played before...rules?
    NICE!!!!

The smizzter is in. Sweet. It's real easy, and if you know how to read baseball stats then you'll do just fine. Just fill your roster with the best players you can and how they play each week determines how you do. Pickup a Fantasy baseball mag (the Sporting News one is good), and you'll get all the pointers you need.

When is the draft??

All Pro
    Smizzy-

welcome aboard. We are going to play it on yahoo. So if you don't have a yahoo Id you need to get one. Their free. Take 5 minutes. You probably already have one. I haven't set a date for the draft because yahoo hasn't started registration for fantasy baseball yet. They should start it up any day now. When they do, I will send everyone in the league PM's giving you the league name and the password to get into it. I'll have to find a date where everyone (or at least mostly everyone) will be able to be at their computers. All you basically do is draft who you think is going to get you the most points based on RBIs, HRs, K's, etc. In your case, you could probably just draft the entire Yankee roster and probably win the league Any questions let me know

Cool,keep me informed.

Rookie
    cant wait. there is nothing better than draft day.

All Pro
    Yeah.. It is driving me nuts that the yahoo board isn't up yet. ESPN Baseball Tonight is on every night in my room during baseball season.

Mavrik yahoo fantasy baseball is now up just so you know.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 17 2004, 08:42 PM
    Yeah.. It is driving me nuts that the yahoo board isn't up yet. ESPN Baseball Tonight is on every night in my room during baseball season.
    DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAA DAAAAAA

the only only show that can get me excited for the royals/ devil rays game

All Pro
    Originally posted by Penning10@Feb 17 2004, 10:21 PM
    Mavrik yahoo fantasy baseball is now up just so you know.
    I have set up the league and i will be pming all of you shortly.

Just to give my schedule for a draft
    I am good anytime this week but thats a little early for some. Otherwise the weekend is best for me to do a draft

All Pro
    just a remind to anyone that hasnt signed up yet...the league is up and ive sent you all Pms with the ID and password so hurry up and join so we can figure out a draft day for everyone

All Pro
    I think we should wait til mid-march to draft.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd prefer to draft sooner. I need my baseball fix! Besides, I have a couple of drafts already in Mid-March and I'm looking for one earlier to get a feel as to how this year might look.