Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: A-Rod Bliss

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Called the boys at school to see if they get the YES network. Today was great, and I am not even a avid Yankee Fan. Pay back to Belichicken and all those obnoxious losers living up North. They must be jumping off rooftops.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has actually ruined their Super Bowl

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it will ruin their fun with the Patriots only if the Yankees come out kicking major A$$. If not then they will laugh at us more then they do now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB@Feb 17 2004, 07:46 PM
    Two Super Bowl victories in the last three years in the best game going?

Yea, this move by the Yankees really "ruined" these victories for die-hard Pats fans.

MLB is as exciting as NASCAR.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 17 2004, 07:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 17 2004, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--HBJETFANBOB@Feb 17 2004, 07:46 PM
    Two Super Bowl victories in the last three years in the best game going?

Yea, this move by the Yankees really "ruined" these victories for die-hard Pats fans.

MLB is as exciting as NASCAR. [/b][/quote]
    But not as exciting as watching Pats fans burn s**t in celebration&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arron Boone, the Redsox killer? First the home run and now the blown knee. Gotta love it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fans who cheer "Yankees Suck" at a Super Bowl parade says all you need to know about that fan base, pathetic :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB@Feb 17 2004, 07:46 PM
    If this isn&#39;t wishful thinking I don&#39;t know what is&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.....you people are BITTER&#33; That makes my day...thanks&#33; :lol:

Seriously, the Patriots would beat the living s**t outta the Yankees anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What? :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s just Georgie doing what he does best......buying the best team possible.

Happens every year.....seriously, why should this one be any different?

It has absolutely no relevance to the "Superbowl Champion" Patriots whatsoever.

If the NFL had no salary cap, and Woody Johnson had Steinbrenners money and childish oneupsmanship mentality.......who knows, the Jets just might be able to get themselves a trophy too........

Maxman
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis@Feb 17 2004, 09:40 PM
    It&#39;s just Georgie doing what he does best......buying the best team possible.

If the NFL had no salary cap, and Woody Johnson had Steinbrenners money and childish oneupsmanship mentality.......who knows, the Jets just might be able to get themselves a trophy too........
    Which World Series victory did the Yankees buy?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis@Feb 17 2004, 09:40 PM

Bitter, so very bitter :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    pavlovdog,

that comes from the guy who claimed when the sawx were hot on A-Rod&#39;s trail, that there was no way that deal would fall through :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    PatsfanTX,

You don&#39;t live in New England, let alone Boston. I know these people. Believe me when I say that the A-Rod deal really bothers them. They have almost forgotten about the super bowl already. I went to Boston last summer and those scamps still talk about wanting to kill Bill Buckner.

Couple things people: If the Yankees don&#39;t win 120 games, win their division by atleast 15 games, and don&#39;t win the world series, (barring injury to like 3 of their all-stars) we as fans might witness the biggest failure in professional sports history. Especially if the latter doesn&#39;t happen. No excuses this year&#33;

The other thing is if you root for a team that is in another city and you have no idea what that other city is all about, then don&#39;t make comments as if you know what the hell is going on. The Red Sox are a much bigger draw, attention grabber, and mean more to the vast majority of the people of Boston. Maybe if the Patriots were in a city like Boston then it would be different, but since the people in Maine can technically root for the "New England" Patriots it doesn&#39;t.

Ciao For Now Kids.

Go Jets&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bleedgreen@Feb 18 2004, 02:13 AM
    PatsfanTX,

You don&#39;t live in New England, let alone Boston.

The other thing is if you root for a team that is in another city and you have no idea what that other city is all about, then don&#39;t make comments as if you know what the hell is going on.
    Hey Bleed- Come on down off your sanctimoneous high horse.

I lived in Boston (actually Wrentham) for 16 years and have attended well over 100 Red Sox games at Fenway, including 2 World Series games in 1986.

So you come on here and claim I "don&#39;t know what&#39;s going on?"

Why don&#39;t you just stick to rooting for your pathetic football team and let me worry about my pathetic baseball team.

Capice?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Hyped@Feb 17 2004, 09:32 PM
    LOL.....you people are BITTER&#33; That makes my day...thanks&#33; :lol:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on a message board.

I seriously hope you&#39;re 7 years old Hype.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASEEEEEEEE.....Dont deny that Mass is a Baseball State. Everyone knows when they think of Mass, the Red Sux are the first thing that come to mind. Just watch a SNL skit or Benifer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ve got a couple of buddies who live in Waltham and Boston. They are big time Sox fans. They are crying bitterly in their beer right now. This A-Rod trade hurts them big time. Yanks closed the deal, while the Sox blew their chance over &#036;12 million.

After paying many hundreds of millions for the team, &#036;12 million should never stand in your way. But, it appears that it did.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007@Feb 18 2004, 10:00 AM
    Yanks closed the deal, while the Sox blew their chance over &#036;12 million.

After paying many hundreds of millions for the team, &#036;12 million should never stand in your way. But, it appears that it did.

That&#39;s it in a nutshell&#33;

The Sox were more worried about tinkering with Arod&#39;s contract than actually getting him in a Sox uniform.

The Yankees closed the deal, the Sox did not.

End of discussion.