Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: #13 bad luck?

Brenjetsfan
    I was given a BEAUTIFUL NY YANKEE wine glass and the day A-Rod signed, it BROKE. It was a VERY special gift from one of my beloved JETinsider here and I feel sooo bad...I hope this is not a sign of BAD luck for ARod......

My dear friend...where can I find it to replace??? PM ME....thank you

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankee just got One of the Top 10 baseball players to ever play the game...ever....

Sounds like good luck to me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brenjetsfan@Feb 17 2004, 08:46 PM
    I was given a BEAUTIFUL NY YANKEE wine glass and the day A-Rod signed, it BROKE. It was a VERY special gift from one of my beloved JETinsider here and I feel sooo bad...I hope this is not a sign of BAD luck for ARod......

My dear friend...where can I find it to replace??? PM ME....thank you
    This is BAD LUCK alright ... BAD LUCK for the Red Sox

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of religious Italians and Hispanics believe that the #13 is a lucky number because its the birthday of a Saint. I believe Saint Anthony. I consider it a lucky number.

Thats why ARod said "lucky 13."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a first generation Italian American and this nonsense about number 13 being "lucky" is a new one to me. Where did yah hear that?!

BTW, luck is a residue of talent, hard work and tenacity. A-Rod can wear number 13, 14, 15....doesn't matter. He's still the best short stop in the league who will be playing third base.

I will say, that left infield of the Yankees is pretty darn hot!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Feb 18 2004, 05:06 PM
    I'm a first generation Italian American and this nonsense about number 13 being "lucky" is a new one to me. Where did yah hear that?!

BTW, luck is a residue of talent, hard work and tenacity. A-Rod can wear number 13, 14, 15....doesn't matter. He's still the best short stop in the league who will be playing third base.

I will say, that left infield of the Yankees is pretty darn hot!
    My family always told me. Its the Birthday of Saint Anthony of Padua. Every June 13th there is a feast in Italy to celebrate his life. Therefore a lot of Italians consider the number 13 lucky.