Thread: Non-yankee fans

Hall Of Fame
    Isn't nice not to reek of brimstone and actually see our own shadow?

Thought we deserved our own wee thread to ourselves. Good luck to all non-yankee teams this year!

I'm a METS fan..it'll be even MORE fun to cheer against the YANKS this post season. I'm just hoping my NY ISLANDERS carry me into JUNE this year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This Mets fan says thank you SJ and same to you!

All League
    Lifelong Met fan and will always root for them no matter what-
    Just like the Jets. At least the Mets are trying to put a team around pitching and defense-at least we have a plan-probably not the talent level to win but it seems we have some direction with Duquette as GM

Originally posted by faba@Feb 18 2004, 01:23 PM

Just like the Jets. At least the Mets are trying to put a team around pitching and defense-
    Is that the problem with the jets? They are trying to build a team around pitching and defense. Hmmmmm.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Let me be the 1st Yankee fan to say....i hope we kick all your asses!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 18 2004, 12:56 PM
    Let me be the 1st Yankee fan to say....i hope we kick all your asses!!!
    This is a non-yankee thread, so have you finally seen the light and willing to fight the good fight?

All Pro
    The Mets DON'T have a plan... they have a half-cocked plan of "defense" and non-risk offensive players and "pitching" which ensures that a) it won't blow up in their face like in 2002 but ALSO B) it won't lead to any major success because they have no pitching

74 wins in 04 at best, Mets fans.

Banned
    GO METS.

Cuse, the Defense will be good, but yet again the pitching will blow, and there will be no offense.

All Pro
    I'm sure the defense will be fine. This is a half-assed, bull**** plan that won't lead the Mets anywhere. They passed up a GOLDEN opportunity to have a cornerstone outfielder for the next ten years in a buyer's market because they were afraid he'd be the next Mo Vaughn, when in fact he is as low of a risk as you can get. He's young, has a great arm, would bring life back into the stadium and to the fan base. But NO... because these front-office hacks screwed up time and time again in 2002, we're still paying for it now because they're too damn scared to have a plan and stick with it!!! I mean as you can tell, this team drives me nuts. If they had a decent third baseman and got rid of Glavine I'd be a lot happier... but still, not getting Guerrero and sticking to this "plan" which they're only doing half-assedly is not going to solve things either!! The Mets are bad, and will be bad for a long time until they get proactive and get a plan and stick with it!

Banned
    Originally posted by Jetsacuse@Feb 18 2004, 04:40 PM
    I'm sure the defense will be fine. This is a half-assed, bull**** plan that won't lead the Mets anywhere. They passed up a GOLDEN opportunity to have a cornerstone outfielder for the next ten years in a buyer's market because they were afraid he'd be the next Mo Vaughn, when in fact he is as low of a risk as you can get. He's young, has a great arm, would bring life back into the stadium and to the fan base. But NO... because these front-office hacks screwed up time and time again in 2002, we're still paying for it now because they're too damn scared to have a plan and stick with it!!! I mean as you can tell, this team drives me nuts. If they had a decent third baseman and got rid of Glavine I'd be a lot happier... but still, not getting Guerrero and sticking to this "plan" which they're only doing half-assedly is not going to solve things either!! The Mets are bad, and will be bad for a long time until they get proactive and get a plan and stick with it!
    They do have decent offense in Matsui, Reyes, Floyd(if Healthy), Piazza(if Healthy), Cameron.

The bullpen is better then people think, Looper is a pretty good closer, and they have some good relievers.

Its the Starting rotation that is rotten. Al Lieter is the only good pitcher on the staff, and he is even a 3rd type pitcher.

They really are trying to build themselves after the 2002 Angels.