Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: IS THE BOSTON RED SOX OWNER IS A CRY BABY

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. YES

14 82.35%
  • 2. NO

3 17.65%

Thread: THE BOSTON RED SOX OWNER IS A CRY BABY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    George fires back at Henry .....

=================================

"We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction.

Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston.

It is understandable, but wrong that he would try to deflect the accountability for his mistakes on to others and to a system for which he voted in favor.

It is time to get on with life and forget the sour grapes."

Signed,
    General George M. Steinbrenner the 3rd

Aka: General Von Steingrabber

Aka: The Boss

Aka: BIG STEIN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has a $125 million payroll and he wants a salary cap. What a friggin neck bone.

Maxman
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Feb 18 2004, 08:11 PM
    The guy has a $125 million payroll and he wants a salary cap. What a friggin neck bone.
    The team that gave Manny the worst contract in the history of professional sports wants a salary cap. Nice.

Brenjetsfan
    the bos/sox look good on paper..................

TOILET PAPER....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Voice of Reason

While it might be whiny he has points. The Yanks entered another stratosphere in salary. Actually about two startospheres. If all the other big market teams can not compete with out incurring serious debt - a salary cap is needed. And seeing most of you agree with that notion - shut up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 18 2004, 08:10 PM
    And seeing most of you agree with that notion - shut up.
    :lol:

You know what that reminded me of ... made me laugh ... and don't ask why

Remember that Gangster in the Bugs Bunny Cartoons ... "Shudup, Shutinup" :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 18 2004, 09:10 PM
    The Voice of Reason

While it might be whiny he has points. The Yanks entered another stratosphere in salary. Actually about two startospheres. If all the other big market teams can not compete with out incurring serious debt - a salary cap is needed. And seeing most of you agree with that notion - shut up.
    I welcome a salary cap. The Yankees will still win and it will be one less thing your whiny nation to complain about when they do.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 18 2004, 09:10 PM
    The Voice of Reason

I agree the league needs a cap as you know PFSIKH, but that was disgraceful to himself, his program, and to all the BOS fans. He came out and looked like one of the bullies in a kiddie gang crying that the biggest bully beat him up. Seriously, think for one second what OAK/MIL/MIN fans think of his little rant.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Booz.

He comes off as the kettle calling the pot black.

Max - The Yanks will not win anything if they had a cap. What would George do if he could not buy his way out of mistakes?

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 19 2004, 02:21 PM
    I agree Booz.

He comes off as the kettle calling the pot black.

Max - The Yanks will not win anything if they had a cap. What would George do if he could not buy his way out of mistakes?
    Yankees have won for 100 years. Hal Steinbrenner will deal with the cap just fine thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    George will croak before there is a cap.
    But really, something should be done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 19 2004, 06:29 PM
    Yankees have won for 100 years. Hal Steinbrenner will deal with the cap just fine thank you.
    What? The Yanks have not won for 100 years. They sucked their first 20+. Notice Boston's 6 titles. 5 of the first 18 WS.

George will choke on the cap and replace the D-Rays in last place.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Feb 19 2004, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Feb 19 2004, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maxman@Feb 19 2004, 06:29 PM
    What? The Yanks have not won for 100 years. They sucked their first 20+. Notice Boston&#39;s 6 titles. 5 of the first 18 WS.

George will choke on the cap and replace the D-Rays in last place. [/b][/quote]
    I meant over the last 100 years the Yankees have dominated. If you want to say that over the last 80 years the Yankees have really really dominated then I agree with you.