Thread: Steinbrenner's response to John Henry

Sour Grapes

Here's a snipet

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner says it's just "sour grapes" for Boston owner John Henry to call for a salary cap after the Red Sox were outmaneuvered by their bitter rivals in New York for Alex Rodriguez.

Henry, whose team failed to obtain Rodriguez from Texas in December, said in an e-mail response to reporters Wednesday that he is changing his mind on baseball's need for a salary cap "to deal with a team that has gone so insanely far beyond the resources of all the other teams.''

Steinbrenner quickly responded, saying: "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction."

I did not embelish one word. I think its safe to say they won't be having Thanksgiving dinner anytime soon. :ph34r:

Maxman
    John Henry is whacked. If there was a salary cap your team would be way over it Mr. Henry. The A's want to make this point I will respect it but not Boston who is sold out for the entire year.

Henry used to be a 1% owner of the Yankees. He wasn't complaining then.

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth (I have no idea actually but odds are he was). And he is acting like a big baby. WHAH WHAH WHAH.

Mr.Henry is now offically a member of the Scapegoat Nation. Always blaming others for his shortcomings. :lol: :lol: :lol: