Thread: OT:Jeter

Hall Of Fame
    I am on a radio show down at the University of Texas, and the guy I do this radio show with is hating on Jeter. He has claimed he is not a superstar, is a poor fielder, and is not a clutch hitter. Being a Met fan, I am not totally familiar with his game, could anyone help give me specific moments to prove this wrong, especially the last portion?

Thanks

yeah. check the number of rings on his fingers

Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Feb 19 2004, 03:05 AM
    I am on a radio show down at the University of Texas, and the guy I do this radio show with is hating on Jeter. He has claimed he is not a superstar, is a poor fielder, and is not a clutch hitter. Being a Met fan, I am not totally familiar with his game, could anyone help give me specific moments to prove this wrong, especially the last portion?

Thanks
    No use in trying to defend Jeter. The Yankees are on everyones hit list this year. Besides your a Met fan. So as long as the guy is not slaming the city or the Yankee team as a whole, I would let it go. In the end the guy will end up looking like the idiot.

Maxman

Thanks
    Go read some of the old threads on the main board here. Seymour and I had a 2,000 Nomar - Jeter debate about 3 weeks ago. That should give you plenty of ammo.

All Pro
    is Derek the best ss in the league - no
    But Derek is the heart and soul of the Yankees - he does his job very well and he does his job with a lot of success... besides for his rings - he has been clutch in a lot of situations - to name a few the HR in the 10th Inning vs the diamond backs- teh "cut off play"vs Oakland against Jeremy Giambi - throwing his body into the stands backward and making the ctach vs Seatle

and last but not least - he is the captain and that is a big title for the Yankees - they don't just hand that "c" out to anyone

Thanks
    This guy is right.

The fact that you're looking for "moments" to prove he's wrong should be the warning sign that you're wrong.

Jeter hits in the playoffs just as well as he hits in the regular season. No better, no worse. Sure he's had clutch hits but he's had his share of clutch whiffs to. that'll happen over 100 postseason games.

His defense is horrible. Horrible.

Jeter is about on par with Johnny Damon as a player: a good player, a "star" but not a "superstar".

Maxman
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Feb 19 2004, 02:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RichardSeymour @ Feb 19 2004, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TheBrodyMan@Feb 19 2004, 03:05 AM

Thanks
    This guy is right.

The fact that you&#39;re looking for "moments" to prove he&#39;s wrong should be the warning sign that you&#39;re wrong.

Jeter hits in the playoffs just as well as he hits in the regular season. No better, no worse. Sure he&#39;s had clutch hits but he&#39;s had his share of clutch whiffs to. that&#39;ll happen over 100 postseason games.

His defense is horrible. Horrible.

Jeter is about on par with Johnny Damon as a player: a good player, a "star" but not a "superstar". [/b][/quote]
    Seymour...don&#39;t start again. His defense is not horrible we have been over this before.

Hall Of Fame
    I have numbers and such, but this guy is a dick, so specifics are always good to shove in his face as well. But thanks for all the other responses&#33;

Does anybody remember the play at home against Chokeland??He saved the game with his "poor" defense

Maxman
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 19 2004, 02:33 PM
    Does anybody remember the play at home against Chokeland??He saved the game with his "poor" defense
    Nomar almost made an identical play once. Except that he didn&#39;t get in position. Actually he was standing at SS blowing kisses to his wife.

:lol: