Thread: NYC HS protests police presence

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think the school is Lincoln in Brooklyn. The students held a rally yesterday to protest the amount of police they encounter in their school. One kid was caught with a knife going through the metal detector on the way to the rally. This is a known trouble spot. I would welcome the police if I went there. The parents would be the first to complain if a riot happened.

I personally would not mind being anywhere where there are 50 police officers there to protect me. I am not doing anything wrong therefore I would have nothing to worry about.

All League
    If it wasnt so ridiculous, it would be funny. Poor teachers...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Feb 19 2004, 02:18 PM
    [b] I personally would not mind being anywhere where there are 50 police officers there to protect me. I am not doing anything wrong therefore I would have nothing to worry about. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly...these kids dont realize that the only reason there ARE cops there is because kids are bringing weapons in and assaulting each other and teachers.

The city would probably love to deploy those cops in other places - its not like they're purposely messing with these kids' lives.