Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Isles s**t the bed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isles played uninspired hockey last night in a 6-2 loss to arch rival Rangers. Some ugliness at the end that just might spill over into Tiesdays rematch at the coliseum.

Put it this way...at one point...MBarnaby skated around AAucoin like he was standing still!?!?! Team didnt even show up and I'm not very happy about it. They had a chance to put the nail in the coffin as far as playoffs are concerned for the Rangers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1- Rematch is next Thursday.

2- Every other time they've lost to the Rag$, the Islanders come back and played well in their next game. Hope that trend continues, since they have Buffalo on Saturday night, who are actually within 5 points of a playoff spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't suppose this game will be on ESPN/2 will it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently scheduled for 7pm on MSG network

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the cheapest shot taken at Eric Cairns. The dude didn't even have his gloves off yet....

Did you see the post-game interviews? Messier and Jagr looked like two giddy schoolgirls. You'd think they'd won the Cup for cryin' out loud!!!! Blewshirts Fans: You should be embarrassed by your team!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 20 2004, 01:44 PM
    That was the cheapest shot taken at Eric Cairns. The dude didn't even have his gloves off yet....

Did you see the post-game interviews? Messier and Jagr looked like two giddy schoolgirls. You'd think they'd won the Cup for cryin' out loud!!!! Blewshirts Fans: You should be embarrassed by your team!!!!!
    I'm in love.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Feb 20 2004, 01:44 PM

Godard(sic?) should get called up for thursdays game....I'd give him $100. to beat Messier into next week.
    He'll open up a can o' whupass on any NYRanger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree+Feb 20 2004, 12:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ Feb 20 2004, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@Feb 20 2004, 01:44 PM
    That was the cheapest shot taken at Eric Cairns. The dude didn&#39;t even have his gloves off yet....

Did you see the post-game interviews? Messier and Jagr looked like two giddy schoolgirls. You&#39;d think they&#39;d won the Cup for cryin&#39; out loud&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Blewshirts Fans: You should be embarrassed by your team&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I&#39;m in love. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ll even let you borrow Donald Brashear for a game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Let him at Messier and Jagr.

Did you hear Eric Cairns after the game: He called the Blewshirts..."gutless pukes". Too funny&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Purinton and Simon get funnier every week. What a couple of goofballs. Though honestly, I can&#39;t fault Simon for doing what he does. At least he plays his role properly and waits until the other guy drops the gloves in most cases. He&#39;s about the only decent pickup the Rangers have made during this trainwreck 7 years outside of the now-departed Anson Carter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers are just a gutless bunch especially that punk Purinton.

Last game at MSG Cairns went up to Purinton FACE TO FACE like a man and offered Purinton to drop the gloves, Purinton declined but he pearl harbor&#39;s cairns from behind thursday night and gets in a sucker punch.

Cairns offered Simon to drop the gloves earlier in the game he backed down too like a *****. But Simons has no problem going after Dave Scatchard who cant even defend himself because of his shoulder harness.

There was only 1 real fight on the night and that was Asham kicking Barnaby&#39;s ass...... AGAIN.

Eric Godard better be in the line up this Thursday. I wouldnt want to be Chris Simon if Godard plays.... ANd Purinton has a date with Cairns...

Should be fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree+Feb 20 2004, 02:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ Feb 20 2004, 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@Feb 20 2004, 01:44 PM
    That was the cheapest shot taken at Eric Cairns. The dude didn&#39;t even have his gloves off yet....

Did you see the post-game interviews? Messier and Jagr looked like two giddy schoolgirls. You&#39;d think they&#39;d won the Cup for cryin&#39; out loud&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Blewshirts Fans: You should be embarrassed by your team&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Godard(sic?) should get called up for thursdays game....I&#39;d give him &#036;100. to beat Messier into next week.
    He&#39;ll open up a can o&#39; whupass on any NYRanger. [/b][/quote]
    Im p.o.ed Godard wasnt called up before the game. You HAD to know it would get goon-y.

Cairns is already calling out Purington. Should be interesting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the Coliseum is considering having security at center ice for the warm ups thursday lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Purinton is edging really close to Theo Fleury territory here. How often did those guys ever both suit up for the same game?